Always By Your Side by autumn_romance


Number of reviews: 41
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you all again SO MUCH for keeping along with this story. Again, I know it's not the best, but please be patient and I promise this will all be worth it. I also wanted to warn that my updates may be a little slow, but this story will (hopefully) be done within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I've been working frantically at the follow ups as well as my other long stories.. but ABYS will be the main focus. I just wanted to leave a quick note. Take care guys, God bless. <333

Justin smiled widely as he shook his principal’s hand. It was his graduation, and he was feeling proud of himself as he was handed a certificate with his name written in big black letters. The bright gold star on his shirt added the ‘official’ touch to it.

He waved happily at his parents in the audience, who were giving him the thumbs-up from their seats. After their names were all alphabetically announced, the principal congratulated the parents and invited them all to the cafeteria for cookies and punch.

Randy and Lynn sat opposite each other at the table, as Justin piled on more and more cookies onto a napkin.

“Slow down buddy,” Randy chuckled. “Wouldn’t want you choking.”

Justin didn’t listen though, only stuffed his mouth even more with the crumbly treats.

“Hey Trace!” Justin waved, “Come over here!”

Trace ran to his friend, fists full of cookies as well.

“Hi Auntie Lynn and Uncle Randy. Me and Justin are graduated!”

“Before we know it, we’ll be in college. Right Dad?” Justin asked.

Randy nearly choked on his cup of Hawaiian Punch. “Oh, no, no son. You got a long ways before that.”

“Over here!” Lynn called to the Sullivans, who were there to celebrate Cassidy’s graduation as well.

“Congratulations boys,” they greeted.

“What’s wrong with Cassidy?” Lynn asked, pointing to the little girl sleeping in Jim’s arms. “Pooped out, hm?”

“She didn’t feel very well this morning,” Jim said, patting her back. “Must be that cold going around. Gonna take her to the doctor’s later on. We’ll see you guys later, alright?”

“Sure thing,” Randy said. “See you guys. Bye-bye Audrey,” he whispered to the baby fidgeting over Joyce’ shoulders.

“Maybe I should save some for Cass?” Justin asked, regarding his tower of cookies.

Trace shook his head. “You can, because you know I won’t.”

“Yeah,” he said, wrapping and stuffing them into his pocket, “Because you’ll eat them all.”

“You bet,” he smiled.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The whizzing of bicycle tires sounded through the streets as the two boys rode to the park.

“I’m faster than you,” Trace said, pedaling his legs harder. “You can’t catch up to me.”

Justin’s grip on the handlebars tightened, as he tried to round off Trace.

“Can too.”

Trace looked behind him, noticing Justin was only a matter of feet away. He picked up his pace and turned into the parking lot. Justin only moved faster, determined to catch up.

“Slow poke!” Trace called back.

“I’ll get you,” Justin stated firmly, “you’ll see. Just watch, right when you–”

His bike came to a sudden halt with a piercing screech, almost flinging him out of his seat.

“Justin? What are you doing?” Trace said, still moving forward.

“You wait here,” he said, propping his bike against a bench. Trace made a 180, and watched in confusion as Justin toddled to the bridge.

“Cass?” he asked, stepping toward her hunched over figure.

She didn’t respond to him. In fact, she turned away.

“Hey Cass,” he said again, “it’s me... Justin. What are you doing here?”

Cassidy ignored his presence, and twirled the small white flower between her fingers.

“I brought you some cookies.” He pulled them out of his pocket, extending them out to her. “They’re a little smushed but they’re still good, I promise. See?”

He watched her breathing deepen, as she stared blankly to the horizon. The wind picked up, stealing the flower from her fingers and making it fall to the water beneath.

“Are you okay?” Justin asked, touching her shoulder. To his surprise she backed away.

She stood there, still as a statue. The only movement came from her wisps of hair blowing in the wind.

“Cass, would you tell me what’s wrong? Why are you–”

“Stop.” Her voice was flat and low. “Just stop it.”

He wasn’t getting it. “Stop what? Are you mad at me or something?”

Slowly, she shook her head.

“Then what’s wrong?” He cautiously came closer. “You can tell me.”

She lifted her head up, finally facing him. But it wasn’t the usual Cassidy he was looking at. It was a different Cassidy, an almost completely different person. It seemed like she had been crying… hard. Her lips were dry, her skin pale, and new bulges hung around her emotionless eyes.

“You lied to me,” she said through gritted teeth.

“About what?” He shrugged.

“You… you told me it would be okay,” she pointed a stiff finger at him. “You told me, Justin. You told me!"

Suddenly, she pushed against his chest, making him fall backward. He rubbed at his bottom, as she continued to scream at him.

“You lied! You lied!” She wiped at her red eyes. “You didn’t mean it!”

Through her tears, Justin could see the anger projecting through them. He didn’t think he had ever been more frightened of her, than at that moment.

“Stupid! Stupid! Liar!” she cried.

“Cass, hold on,” he rose to his feet, “what’s going on?”

“I don’t want to see you! I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” She kicked at the wooden railing. “Go! Go!”

“What did I do?” he said, grabbing her shoulders. Again, he found himself being pushed backward.

 “There’s no such thing! There’s no such thing!” She yelled one last time, before running off, out of view.

He let his head fall back, his heartbeat still racing. Trace quickly came to his side.

“Whoa! What happened?”

“I don’t know,” Justin hissed in pain. “She was crying and screaming.”

“Maybe she doesn’t like oatmeal raisin?” he giggled.

“Shut up!” Justin said, knocking him over as he struggled to stand. “This isn’t funny.”

“Well,” Trace sighed, “there’s gotta be a reason she was mad. What did you do?”

Justin stared at the flower rotate in the water before the wind carried it off into the distance, moving away from him the way Cassidy did.

His throat was dry, his eyes moist as he shook his head.

“I don’t know.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki