Jc's Gift by shelli d


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Shelli is now eight months pregnant and she is in the hospital on total bed rest. She can barely move around in her bed. She is very weak and getting extra nutrition through a tube in her nose. JC sat in a chair next to her bed. It was like déjà vu all over again only this time she could communicate with him.


“I love you baby. I wish I wasn’t this so damn weak. Baby I jst want to hold her before I die.’’

“You’re not gonna die. You’re gonna live and grow old with us.’’

“Damn I hope so.”



Stacey and Justin stopped in. They managed to come every other day. They left and JC got up to stretch his legs. As soon as he was out of site, Shelli started feeling pain. She reached for the call bell an pressed it.



“Can I help you?”

“I got pain I think I’m in labor.”

“Ok, someone will be right there.”



The nurse came in and checked her and immediately called the doctor. JC came back in and was ushered aside. The doctor came in checked her and ordered an emergency c-section. Because of the risk of her dying while under general anesthesia, they gave her an epidural and as soon as it took affect, they began. Ten minutes later, Alma Rose Chasez, came into the world.



“What is it Josh?”

“It’s a girl. Oh Shelli, she’s beautiful.”

“I want to see her.”



They cleaned her up, weighed her and did her footprint. They gave her to JC.



“Hey little one. Here’s your mama. Shelli look.”

“Oh, she’s gorgeous.’’ Shelli started crying.

“Mr. Chasez, would you like to walk her to the nursery with me.”

“Sure. I will be back mama.”

“Ok, papa.”



JC left the room with Alma and for all she knew that was goin to be the last time she would see them. She looked at the ceiling an asked God for help.



“Oh my.’’

“What is it doctor?”

“We have some of your tumors here in sight. I’d like to remove them.”

“Do what you can to make me see my child graduate.”

“Ok, we will do what we can.”

The first one was the size of a football; the second was the size of a grapefruit. After almost two extra hours, they had removed a total of seven tumors. They were sent to the lab to make sure they were malignant. The doctor also took some of her lymph nodes to make sure it did not spread.



“Someone please inform my husband that I’m still here.”

“I’m going to talk to him right now. You’re ready for the recovery room.”

“Finished?”

“Yes ma’am. You’ll be in recovery for about an hour then we will move you back into your room.”



They monitored everything, Dr. Aders scheduled her for blood work three days from then. JC came in and hugged her.



“Easy baby, they had to cut me a little more. I am so glad to see you. When you left to take Alma to the nursery, I thought it was the last time I would see you.” She said as she started to cry.

“Oh baby, ssshhh, it’s ok. I’m here and so are you.”

“I am not getting my hopes up. oOooO, I’m sore. The epidural is wearing off.”

“Did Dr. Aders tell you about the tumors?”

“Yea. Do u know if he got the results yet?” Shelli asked him.

“No not yet. I took a picture of Alma for you. She weighs 8lbs. 2 ½ oz. and she is 20 inches long.”

Shelli looked at her and started to cry. She never thought she’d see her daughter born. JC clinmbed into bed and hugged her. He was so glad she was still here.



Three days later, Shelli was leaning against JC as she fed Alma. The nurse came in to draw blood and laughed.



“Isn’t that what got you into the maternity ward?”

“He’s my pillow. I don’t leave home without him.’’

“Very funny. Ok, which arm?”

“The left is better. The veins are closer to the surface. Sweetie take Alma please.”

“Yea I will. I am not watching you get stuck with a needle.”

“Oh Mr. Chasez, afraid of needles?”

“Yes. Deathly afraid.”



JC left the room with Alma and the nurse took the necessary blood. Shelli was situating herself and she heard a familiar voice.



“Miss Shelli let me help you with that.”

“Sandy! What are you doing here? I thought you went back to Jamaica?”

“I did and then I heard you had your baby, I had to come and see.”

“Oh I am so happy to see you.”

“I also heard you have cancer?’’

“Yes.” Shelli took off her hat, her hair had just begun to grow back. “ but I think I am getting better I feel a little better.”



As she was talking to Sandy, JC and Alma came back in.



“Hi Sandy. It’s great to see you.”

“Hi Mr. JC.”

“Would you like to hold her?’’

“Oh she looks like you JC.”

“Well, thank you.”



As Sandy was holding her, the rest of the gang came in. As soon as Stac laid eyes on her best friend, she started to cry. Shelli looked much better than she had before the baby came. She hugged her and then went over to Sandy and asked to hold her. Chris brought this huge teddybear. He said he had gotten it while he was in New York City at F.A.O. Schwartz. They visted for awhile then it was just the three of them. Shelli looked at JC.



“Wanna know something?”

“What babe?”

“I love you so much.”

“I love you and our daughter.”

“I definitely know she is going to be a daddy’s girl.”

“Most definitely. You’ve had a long day baby. Why don’t you get some rest, I’ll be here when you wake up.”

“Ok, kiss me.”



They kissed and Shelli fell asleep. The next morning, she woke up to the cutest sight. JC was feeding Alma and singing to her. He looked up about ten minutes later. He smiled and mouthed that he loved her. Around 2 o’clock, Dr. Aders came in.



“Hey doc, how is it goin?” asked Shelli.

“Alright. How are you feeling?”

“Very good. I feel like I am getting some strength back.”

“That’s good. I have something for you to look at.” He said as he handed her a folder.



Shelli read through it. It was her blood work.



“Doc, what does this mean?”

“See this right here?” He pointed to the first column. “These are the tests from the tumors.”

“They are all positive. Now look at this column.”

“They say negative the whole way down. What does this mean?”

“Shelli this means you are as healthy as you were when you left this hospital the first time.”

“I…I’m not gonna die?”

“No you’re not.”

“I am forever in your debt. Thank you so much!”

She hugged him and he excused himself. JC laid Alma in the bassinet and went over and sat next to Shelli. He was shaking.



“Babe, did you hear that? We’re gonna be old and gray when we die!”

“Yea baby I heard. I’m still processing it.”

“Oh Josh, I am so happy! YES!!” She screamed as she started crying.

“Are those happy tears?”

“Oh hell yea. I’m so freakin happy that I want the whole world to hear me.”



Shelli was grinning ear to ear. JC never saw her so happy. He was just as excited. Shelli called Justin and Stacey.



“Hello?”

“Hey Justin. Put me on speaker phone so both of you can hear me.”

“Ok sweetie.”

“Hey Shell its Stac.”

“I have awesome news. I am cancer free!”

“What? How?” They said in unison.

“The tumors that they removed were intact and it didn’t spread. The tumors where in front of the organs. So I am not going anywhere for a long, long time.”

“That’s so freakin awesome.” Justin said. “It’s amazing how medicine works.”

“I am so happy. Well, I’ll let ya’ll go. They are letting me out tomorrow so I’ll see ya’ll then. Oh by the way Stac, make sure the party is huge!”

“How did you know I was planning one?”

“Because it’s you. Talk at you later.”

“See ya.”



Shelli hung up and looked at JC.



“Why don’t you bring Alma over here and climb in bed with me.”

“Sounds like a great idea.”



JC handed Alma to her and then climbed in. She put her head on his chest and he started to sing “Selfish”. She was where she wanted to be, in the arms of her husband and holding their child. She went home the next day to be ole party. She had prepared for the worst but now she was preparing for the future.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki