Jc's Gift by shelli d


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



Over the next few months, it was all over the internet and the news that JC was engaged and that his fiancé was sick and in the hospital. He continued to write and record for himself and the group. He toured a little, but wasn’t gone for more than two days at a time. When he did perform, he always dedicated “lose myself” to Shelli



Shelli started to hear noises. Like the machine that was hooked up to her. She could smell flowers. Then she heard a voice she thought she’d never hear again. It was JC.



“Good morning beautiful. Chilly day outside this morning. I brought you fresh flowers. I know, the others are only a day old, but these are prettier. There are carnations, yellow, pink and red roses.”



She wished she could see them, to see him. She tried to open her eyes but they felt like they weighed 80 tons each.



“I talked to Stac today. Her and the kids say hi. She’s moving in with Justin both in California and Florida. They are coming down here first. Shell, Justin is so in love with her and the kids. He said he’s gonna ask her to marry him. I wish you could hear me sweetie.”

“I hear you Josh. I just can’t respond. I love you more than words can say.”

“Well baby, I have to go. Got to do some press for our new album. I will be back later.”

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. She felt his breath and his touch felt so good. While he was gone, she concentrated hard on moving her hand. She finally moved her fingers. The nurse who was changing her saw it.



“Miss Shelli,” she said. “If you hear me, do that again.”



Not only did she do it again she did it twice.



“Oh, Mr. Chasez is goin to be ecstatic!”



It took what seemed like forever until she heard his voice again. The nurse was with him.



“Sandy. Why are you rushing me in here?”

“Because something while you were gone. Sit there and hold her hand.”

“Why?”

“Please jus do it.”



JC took Shelli’s hand. She could feel him shaking. Sandy leaned over to her.



“Miss Shelli, do what you did earlier.”

“What happened earlier?”

“Just watch and feel.”



Shelli moved her index finger and her thumb.

“What was that?” he said, voice shaky.

“Miss Shelli, do it again.”



She moved her thumb this time. JC pulled away and just watched her move.



“I’m…oh man. She moved. Does this mean she’s waking up?”

“I called the doctor, he’s on his way. He’ll be able to tell us more.”



As they were talking the doctor came in. He checked the machines and made a noise. He grabbed his pen light and checked her eyes.



“Well, I think someone is almost awake.” Dr. Aders said with a smile.

“How can you tell?” asked JC.

“Well, when I shine this light in her eyes.”

“Do it again and I swear to God, I’ll kick you.” She thought.

“Like this, see how she closed her eyes. I didn’t do that.”

“That fuckin light is bright, you asshole.”

“Let me check one more thing. Shelli, if you can hear me, move your index finger.”



She lifted her middle finger instead. Sandy and JC snickered.



“What?” Dr. Aders asked.

“She just gave you the finger.” Sandy joked.

“Shelli bear, give me another sign.”



She slowly rotated her hand and gave JC a quick thumbs up. She could hear him start to cry. Tears started to fall from her eyes. For the first time in ten months, she was showing emotions. The doctor looked at the ventilator because it was beeping.



“Amazing. She must have been awake longer than we knew of. She’s breathing over the vent. If I don’t remove it she will blow out her lungs.”

“It won’t hurt her will it?” JC asked with concern.

“It will hurt her more if we leave it in. I’ll go and get the kit.”

“I’ll leave you guys alone for awhile.” Sandy said.

“Shelli, can you open your eyes. Tap the bed once for yes, twice for no.”



She tried then tapped twice.



“It’s okay. I’m just so happy you’re awake. I love you so much.”



She tapped once. JC was holding her hand and then Shelli heard another familiar voice. It was Justin.



“Hey JC. Hi Shelli. How are ya’ll doin?”



Shelli tapped once on JC’s hand.



“Did I just see her move?”

“Yea. She started it earlier today. She tapped once to tell me she’s ok.”

The doctor came back in.



“Ok, we’re ready. I’m going to have ask you both to please give us a few minutes.”



Shelli grabbed JC’s hand as hard as she could.



“I’m not leaving her.”

“Josh, I’ll be in the hall.” Justin said as he left the room.

“Ok, here we go. Shelli, when I count to three, I need for you to cough as hard as you can. Here we go. 1 “ 2 “ 3.. cough Shelli.”



She coughed as hard as she could. Within two seconds it was out. Now she had to breathe on her own. She took a huge breath, coughed a little and slowly started regular breaths. Sandy put oxygen on her and it was easier. She was exhausted but she wanted to hear Justin again.



“Is the coast clear?”

“Yea Justin, come in. She just has the oxygen on. I think she’ll be opening her eyes soon.”

“Boy, Stac is gonna be so happy. Imma call her do u mind?”

“No go ahead.”

“Hello?” answered Stacey.

“Hi MB.”

“Hey baby, I thought you were gonna call me later?”

“Well, I’m at the hospital with JC and Shelli. And I have some great news.”

“What’s up?”

“Well, the ventilator is out and she is breathing on her own. With just the help of oxygen that’s all. She is also responding to yes and no questions by tapping her fingers.”

“No shit. That’s fuckin awesome. Can I talk to her? Are her eyes open yet?”

“JC thinks it won’t be long. I’m gonna put the phone to her ear. Go ahead Stac.”

“Hey girl! I’m so glad you’re waking up. I hope ya’ll be up totally when we get there. The kids miss talking to you and so do I. I can’t wait to gossip like we used to. Love you girl.”

“Hey stac, she smiled to whatever you said. I’ll talk to you later sweetie. Love you.”



Justin hung up and chatted a little while and then left. Shelli wanted to sleep but JC kept asking questions. Finally, she stopped answering.



“Sandy, did she slip back in?”

“No. She’s probably exhausted and fell asleep. Which is what u need.”

“Man, I just remembered that I’m leaving for NYC for a week. I gotta cancel.”

“Shelli would kill you if you did that. If anything happens , I’ll call you.”

“alright.” He leaned down to Shelli. “I love you Shelli. I’ve got to go to New York for a week. Sandy is gonna keep me updated. I love you baby. Please don’t leave me again.” He kissed her lightly on the lips. “I love you.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki