Cuts and Bruises Series by Gabo


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +



I laughed at her struggling figure as she moved to the couch. It’s been two years since that day. The day she forgave me and let me treat her the way she deserved to be. And it’s been another 8 months since the day I finally called her my wife. She’s amazing, truly amazing. I’m getting so mushy, but seriously, I love her so much. You have no idea how nervous I was the day I proposed. I knew I had to sweep her off her feet, something to top all of the other stuff I’d done. But I knew she didn’t want anything cheesy, or big. So I had the ring placed in a plastic cube, and set inside of a candle. I know…odd. But it worked, because the candle melted, and right in front of our eyes, the ring appeared. You should have seen the way her face lit up when she realized what I had done.

And now, here we are, 4 months pregnant, and loving every moment of it. She’s showing now, and every time I look at her, I have to laugh. She’s getting pretty big, and is beginning to waddle everywhere! We’ve had to keep pretty low key though, out of the cameras and what not. Can you believe that people actually climbed trees, to look over the fence and into the wedding ceremony? I swear…people need to understand when to stop. She was going to ‘officially’ release pictures to People magazine anyway…but when those pictures came out. She blew up, and has been paranoid ever since. We’re not letting our first kid get exposed to that kind of thing.

“Justin, how long does it take for you to grab a glass of ice tea?” she groaned. She’s been having the weirdest cravings. I had to go out last night and get strawberries. Then today, I had to get cheesecake. But I love her too much to care. I walked over to her, handing her the drink with the sandwich I made. She smiled as she draped her legs across my lap and settled down to watch some basketball. “Are you coming with me tomorrow to look at colors for the room?”

“Sure…” I shrugged. I turned back to focus on the game as she searched through one of the many catalogs she had of room furniture. I forgot to mention that she’s obsessed with interior decorating, and has dragged me to everything with her. The things I do for the woman. She started nudging my thigh with her foot, and I finally turned to her. She had her reading glasses on, and was peering at me from over the catalog. “Yes?”

“Guess who Taylor and I ran into yesterday at Coach,” she answered, referring to her best friend. How was I to know? We lived in Los Angeles for God sakes; she could’ve met Arnold Schwarzenegger.

“Who?” I gave up, looking over at her.

“Madeline Thomas…” she smirked. I groaned…she did that on purpose, just to make me suffer. We’re still touchy on that topic, and she likes to remind me how much of a jerk I am. Or was. “She congratulated us on the baby.”

“That’s nice,” I shrugged nonchalantly. I could feel her eyes boring into me and turned to look at her again. “What?”

She closed the catalog and sat up. “She also wanted to have lunch tomorrow. To ‘talk’.”

My eyes almost fell out of my head. “What? Did she say what you guys were going to talk about?”

“No,” she shook her head, her blond hair whipping across her face. “But she seemed very sincere…maybe she wants to apologize. She does have a knack of feeling guilty for her actions years later.”

“This is true,” I nodded.

“And I told her you’d come too,” she blurted out. I watched her try to waddle out of the room as fast as possible, but I easily caught her in the kitchen.

“Excuse me?” Why was it her life’s goal to torture me?

“Well she was crying…”

“What?” I didn’t understand a word coming out of her mouth. A smile spread across her face before she pushed me away.

“Just kidding!” she laughed, thinking it was hilarious. “She just congratulated us on the baby. Girl obviously doesn’t feel bad for almost breaking us up.”

I sat down at the table while Blayre rinsed the dishes and put them into the dishwasher. “So thanks for almost giving me a heart attack.”

“You’re very welcome. Thanks for knocking me up and making me lug around an extra 15 pounds,” she shot back at me.

“Okay, you win this one,” I laughed. Blayre’s just too good at this game. I hate it. She sat down on my lap and started playing with my hair. She won’t let me cut it, which is a pain, but she said that it was only fair since she was pregnant. “How was the doctor’s appointment, by the way?”

She shrugged, “Good, found out the sex of our baby.”

“Really?” My eyes bugged out. She grinned, nodding enthusiastically.

“Well I had to, if we plan on buying the paint for the baby’s room. I mean…I wouldn’t want to paint the baby’s room pink if we’re having a son…”

I pushed her back to look into her eyes. She was totally serious. “Are we really having a son? I’m having a son?”

“We’re having a son,” she grinned. I couldn’t believe it! She laughed as I picked her up and squeezed her, careful of my baby boy. That sounded so weird. My life was perfect.

“I have to call momma…we have to call everyone!” I grabbed the phone and started dialing. She sat back and watched with amusement as I spread the news around to our friends and family. Later that night, as she was reading her little pregnancy book, and I had finished taking a shower; I laid down next to her and put my ear against her round abdomen.

“So you’re going to play basketball, and the guitar, and dance, and sing…” I rattled off to her stomach. I had read that reading and talking to the baby helps with its mental development or something like that…and my baby’s going to be smart. “And if you want to be a musician, then so be it…but I’m gonna warn you, it’s hard.”

“And a charmer, if you have anything to do with it,” Blayre interrupted, running her hands through my hair. I smiled, and pulled myself up to kiss her lips quickly. “You’re gonna be such a good dad.”

“And you are such a good mother. He’s not going to want to come out of that comfy place he’s called home,” I grinned. I always got mushy when I was around her. It’s a curse. “I love you.”

“I love you,” she grinned, before turning back to her book. I laid back down and started watching the news, before turning back to her.

“Let’s have another one! A girl…”

Blayre gave me an incredulous look; raising an eyebrow, “Let’s worry about having this one first.” She was very focused on that magazine article, and I was focused on getting her to put that thing down so I could get some loving. Or at least a kiss. She, very rudely, slapped me away when I started running my hand along the exposed sliver of skin between her shirt and sweatpants. And then hit me with the magazine when I started kissing her neck. “Justin Randall Timberlake…I’m trying to read. What in the world are you trying to do?”

“I can’t have a goodnight kiss?” I narrowed my eyes at her, before turning my back to her stubbornly. I heard her snicker at me, and then open the magazine again. Before she turned off her bedside light, she placed a hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

“Goodnight baby,” she whispered in my ear. I turned to her and smiled when I saw her grinning back at me.

“So now you want a piece of me. See…they always come running back,” I smirked. Being used to my egotistical quirks and comments, she ignored my comment, deciding to rest her head on my chest instead. My hands automatically found their way in her soft hair that had gotten darker the last few years. I couldn’t wait to raise a family together. That’s one of the things I’ve yearned for, and here I was, achieving that dream with the woman of my dreams.

Blayre suddenly looked up at me curiously. “What are you thinking about?”

“You, and how happy I am to be spending the rest of our lives together,” I grinned. She laughed again, shaking her head against my chest. I love her laugh.

“You are such a suck-up. Tryin’ to get brownie points. Please, don’t think I didn’t notice you flipping through my Victoria’s Secret catalog this morning.”

I shook my head again, startling to tickle her side. “I was only imagining how hot you would look in all of those clothes, babe. You’re always in my mind…you know that.”

“You are so full of it!” she slapped my chest before returning back to her pillow. I pulled her back over to me, however, placing a multitude of kisses over her shoulders and neck. “Can I go to sleep now, you perv?”

I stopped attacking her with my lips, but remained wrapped around her. She finally turned the lights off, and began to fall asleep when I felt my arm getting numb. I was trying to pull it from underneath her head slowly and stealthily, but heard her giggling and knew she had caught me. She lifted her head and allowed my arm to recuperate.

“I was wondering if you were going to say anything,” her voice called out in the darkness. “You hate sleeping like that.” That was true. I didn’t like sleeping all cuddled up because I always got numb. She knew me too well.

“Sorry for trying to be romantic,” I huffed sarcastically. Her hand slapped me in the chest once again. I quickly learned that violence came as a side effect of pregnancy. I only wondered what would happen if we had twins…I’d be bruised for months. “Goodnight babe.”

“ Night, I love you,” she mumbled, half asleep. I closed my eyes, silently thanking God for giving me the best damn wife, and for making everything okay again. It might sound weird, but I think about that moment every night. The moment where I thought I was losing my whole life, and was at the lowest low. But Blayre stayed with me, and for that, I’ll always be thankful.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki