My Eyes Adore You by Jesikah


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


-Chapter 2-

The next week and day before Championships I was at basketball practice playing a half court game with five of my teammates. One of the two people on my team passed me the ball at the three-point line. I went to go for the shot and then it totally missed the entire basket. It most definitely was an air ball. I usually hit those from where I was standing, but something was wrong today.

Of course my coach knew it also. She was quick to jump on my case, "Robinson!" I ran over to the sidelines where she was standing as she quickly went into a lecture, "Robinson, we can't be missing those three-point shots. What is up with you? That is your sweet spot. You never miss from there."

"I'm just stressed about the game tomorrow." I said and knew the only way to calm down was to sing. But I couldn't sing here, no one is supposed to know about my singing.

"Get yourself unstressed." She stated and then yelled to everyone, "Three-pointers!"

I rolled my eyes, grabbed a basketball from the rack then started practicing my three-point shots. Just to make coach happy I concentrated and made all my shots, except a couple. She seemed to be happy then. As soon as coach ended practice I went into the locker room, grabbed all my belongings and head to my Ford Explore that sat in the half empty school parking lot. After throwing all my things in the trunk I shut it, hopped into the driver's seat started the car and pulled out of the stall. Just wanting to hurry home getting back to my music was the only thing, besides basketball that was keeping me from going literally insane.

I reached home within five minutes. We lived in a place called Terrace Heights. It was located in what some students at school would call, 'the rich' side of the city. I pulled my Explore in-between my Mom's Expedition and Dad's Chevy Sierra truck, turned off the ignition then sat there for a while.

Usually when I'm stressed I sit in my car or studio and start singing. I leaned back in my seat and started to sing one of my new songs. Will you be my Valentine? I've been waiting; cupid's been aiming, yeah. Will you share this heart of mine? Forever, always yeah. Let's start with today then. Oh, oh yeah. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly I let it out.

There was a knock on my car window. I opened my eyes to see my younger brother Jacob with a big smile plastered upon his face. I rolled my eyes, pulled the keys out of the ignition, opened the door and jumped out.

"Hey J. What you doin'?" Jacob asked as he followed me to the trunk with his skateboard in his hand.

I opened up the trunk and replied, "Nothing. I'm just kind of stressing out about the big game tomorrow night."

"Oh yeah." Jacob said acting like he knew exactly what I was talking about. He was still young. What could he possibly know about pressure and stress? He helped with my things and was headed in the house as I closed the trunk. I followed him into the garage and then into the house. We entered through the door that led straight into the kitchen. The one place that I spent the least time in these days.

"Hey Ma." I said walking in after Jacob.

"Hi J. How was practice?" she asked like she's done so many times before.

I smiled while dropping my basketball bag on the floor and walked over to the bar top to take a seat, "Okay. I don't know. I guess I'm kind of stressing. Coach gave me a lecture at practice this afternoon. It was because I wasn't making any of my usual three-pointers."

"Relax J. Just do your thing that's always came to you. It's natural already." She reminded me as she began dinner.

I went to the refrigerator grabbed a bottle of water and headed to my studio. This was the one place that I hung out a whole lot, whenever I was really stressed. This was where I wrote most of my songs. It was the place that I felt myself at. The phone line in my studio rang therefore I reached over my piano and picked it up.

"Hello?" I said as I started playing one of my latest songs on the piano.

"Gurlie." A male voice said.

I instantly knew exactly who it was, "Hey Curly."

"Wassup? How was practice?" he asked knowing that I had just gotten home, since he had probably called and spoke with my Mom earlier.

"Nothing much. It was alright." I replied and changed the subject, "So where are you guys?"

"Embassy Suites hotel in Seattle. Lance and I will be at your game tomorrow night, if I didn't already tell you that. I think Joey said he wanted to go also and of course we all know why, don't we?" Justin stated with a laugh, "That boy has issues."

"He wants to check out all the girls on my team." I answered laughing. Joey could always cheer me up whenever it came to just about anything that had to do with him and relationships.

"You got that right!" Justin said then there was a long pause as if he was trying to listen to something, "Hey. What are you playing?"

"One of my songs that I wrote."

"Sing it to me." Justin said.

"Okay." I put him on speakerphone and started playing the song over. Going deep inside each day waiting for the courage that never came. So on your way without a clue, that these adoring eyes they long for you. Yeah, yeah. I tried to get real close to you, hoping you would see through my disguise. I stopped to wipe away the tears that started to fall. I didn't know why I was getting this emotional just by singing to him.

"Why'd you stop?" he asked as I picked up the telephone.

"Because I have to tell you something." I said and waited for him to answer.

"Tell me anything you want." He replied like it wasn't such a big deal.

"I'm going to break up with Brian. I don't love him anymore. I love someone else." I spilled as tears started to flow once again. I hurried wiping them away. With the stroke of my hand they were gone gain.

"So just tell that other guy how you feel about him. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal J. You've always been one that could tell people your true feelings."

"But the guy that I love Justin probably doesn't even look at me that way."

"How can he be stupid? He must be a big fool to not look at you in that way Jes. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever known."

"Justin the truth is.." I started but heard my Mom calling me for dinner, "Hey Jus. I have to go, Mom's calling me for dinner."

"Wait Jes! Finish what you were going to tell me." Justin stopped me from hanging up the phone.

"It's not important. I'll tell you later, when the time is right for you to know." I answered then added, "Later Jus. I love you." Oh my goodness. Did I just say that aloud? I never have ever said that I loved him in this way. It's weird saying that exact words to him. Sure saying I love yah wasn't that big of a deal. But I actually said those three precious words. Three words that actually had meaning behind them. I don't know why I said what it either.

"Bye Jes. I, uh, love you too." Justin said then we both hung up the phone.

I sat there in a daze. Wait! Does he really love me like that? Of course not Jes, the boy always says that whenever you hang up.

“Jessica Victoria Ann Elizabeth! Come eat.” I heard my Mom yell once again, this time using my entire first name along with my middle name.

I stood up from the piano stool and walked out of the studio, down the hall and to the dinning room where my parents and Jacob were all seated. I took my seat at the table which was in-between my parents and opposite of the table from Jacob.

"Sorry Mom. I was on the phone with Jus. They came in already." I replied and began eating the food that was carefully put on the plate in front of me.

"When is their concert?" my Dad asked knowing that was the reason they were in town.

"Saturday. Justin and Lance said they'll be at my game tomorrow night." I said with a huge grin upon my face. It was like a sudden spark of joy had been turned on inside me as I began to glow.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki