War of the Roses by Jessica


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


After sound check, the guys went to chill out in the game room. Anthony was sitting at a small card table wondering how JC could handle Chris and his full contact ping-pong playing. Then his cell rang. He grabbed the phone from his hip and answered, “Anthony Giordano.”

The voice on the other end replied, “Anthony, it’s Johnny. I need you to do a favor for me.”

“What?” Anthony asked while watching Joey steal the basketball from Justin. He was surprised anyone could get the ball away from that boy.

“Well, the guys are going to be getting memos tomorrow about post tour, but there is a very important meeting they have to be back in time for. Tell them to be back from vacations by the 11th because at 10am on May 12th, they have a mandatory meeting here at the compound.”

“Will do.”

“Thanks.” Anthony hung up his phone then began to walk over towards the guys.

Chris ran up to Anthony and hugged him around the waist the way a child does its father. “Any news for us Anth?” The other guys laughed at Chris hugging a man like he was never going to let go.

Anthony pried Chris loose then said, “Johnny wants you guys to be back at the compound by the 12th for a meeting.”

Joey whined, “But that only gives us like two weeks off.”

Lance punched Joey in the arm. “It’s not like you were going anywhere anyway.” Joey shrugged then went back to his basketball game with Justin.
================================================================================
Jenna, Lane, Robin, and Melissa sat down at the same table they had sat at for four years to enjoy one of their last meals together. After the girls made their orders, they sat in silence. This was unusual, since these girls normally were non-stop chatter. The silence was finally broken by Melissa softly saying, “Can you believe it’s all over?”

The other three girls let out soft laughs. Then Robin interjected, “It’s nowhere near over yet. You guys are going on to work and I still have like 50 years of grad school.”

Jenna smiled up at her three friends. “No, it’s not over. But this is…school, hanging out like this. I mean, we all thought you getting married last year would affect this, but graduating from college and moving on, that’s going to be a huge change. Yeah, you have grad school and Joel. Mel, you have your job at the hospital. Lane’s going to be the next Barbara Walters of this town. And me…” Jenna trailed off.

Lane put her arm around Jenna. “And you are going to be the personal assistant to the stars. Britney and NSync, could you be more lucky?”

Melissa added, “And could you move a little farther away? Our little PR major is going to be a PA in O-Town.” All the girls laughed.

Jenna looked across the table at Melissa and Robin trying to fight back tears. “At least the three of you get to stay here and be around each other. Who knows the next time I’ll get to come home. My parents already have plans on turning my room into an office.”

Another silence ensued. Lane looked down at her hands in her lap. “Guys, we graduate in two days. You know when they said May 10th we’d walk across that stage and our undergrad college life would be over, I didn’t believe it would ever come. But now…now…” Lane’s voice cracked. Jenna grabbed and squeezed her friend’s hand.

Melissa looked over at Robin who was spinning her wedding band with her thumb. “Girls,” Robin began, “I have something I want to tell you.” The other three looked at her intently. “Um, well, Joel and I have something more than graduation to celebrate.” Robin giggled as she shifted in her seat.

“What?” Jenna, Lane, and Melissa asked in unison.

Robin took a deep breath, closed her eyes, then blurted out her news. “I’m pregnant!” She opened them to see shocked but happy looks on her friend’s faces.

Melissa, letting her nursing training kick in, began to ask questions. “Are you sure? When was your last period? Have you seen a doctor yet?”

Jenna kicked Melissa under the table. “Robin, that’s so awesome. But I thought you two were going to wait a little while?”

Robin blushed, “Yeah, so did we. But, I’m due in December, so hopefully it will fall during Christmas break and I won’t have to take any time off of school.”

Lane smiled and in her best Barbara Walters' impression said, “This just in. Mr. and Mrs. Joel Fisher are expecting. More at ten.”

Jenna shoved her friend and told her to shut up. All the girls were laughing as their meal was delivered to them. They talked over their dinner and planned the rest of their last girls’ night out before Jenna moved to Florida.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki