War of the Roses by Jessica


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Jenna glanced over at the clock on the hotel nightstand as she packed the last of her things back in her overnight bag. '9:32am. That’s plenty of time to get to the compound before my meeting.' Jenna thought to herself. She zipped up her bag, grabbed her purse, car keys, and room key. She scanned the room to see if she left anything. When satisfied that all her belongings were with her she said into the empty room, “Thanks Johnny for the nice place last night, but I’m ready to move everything into my place and sleep in my bed.” She gave a nod of approval then shut the room door behind herself.

Jenna went down to the front desk to check out. She then threw her bag in the trunk of her new green Pontiac Grand Prix, her graduation present from her parents. She got in her car and drove to the compound. Johnny had already given her a gate key, so she wouldn’t have to be buzzed in every time she came to work. Jenna didn’t know if there was any special place she was supposed to park, so she pulled up by what she thought might be Justin Timberlake’s blue Mercedes. Not wanting to lug her purse around, Jenna threw it in the trunk then put her keys in her jeans pocket. She looked down at herself and realized that she didn’t look her best in jeans, sneakers, and her sorority t-shirt with her hair up in a ponytail, but she knew Johnny would understand since he told her that she was only coming in today for the meeting. Afterwards, she was going to go to her new house and unpack all her belongings that the moving truck was going to deliver.

She walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Jenna laughed to herself thinking about having to be ‘let in’ to her technical office building. After a few moments, a tall black man opened the door. He extended his hand to her. “Hi Jenna! Come on in.” As he shook her hand, he pulled her inside. “You know, you work here. You don’t have to ring the bell.”

Jenna blushed and put her hands in her pockets. “Yeah, I know. But this is your home too and I didn’t want to just barge in.”

Johnny smiled as he directed Jenna towards his office. “Well, once you have a gate key, you have permission to barge in.” He opened the door to the office and ushered for Jenna to enter. “This is my office.” Jenna looked at the messy piles of papers, the trash can full of fast food drink cups, and a computer that looked outdated. She then saw an empty desk in the corner. All that was on it was a phone. Johnny saw her eyes looking in that direction and said, “That’s your desk. You can do whatever you want to it…pictures and whatever and tomorrow we’ll pick out and order a computer for you. How’s that sound?”

Jenna looked back at Johnny’s old computer then up at him. “Can we get you a new one too? Yours is way too old.” Johnny smiled and nodded. He then ushered Jenna out of the office and towards a living area that they were going to have the meeting at. Jenna, surprised that they were going to need that much room, asked, “Who all is going to be at this meeting?”

Johnny answered, “The guys. Since they all live here in town and you will be working with them so much, I figured they all needed to meet you. You’ll meet Britney some other time. She lives in Louisiana and she and Justin don’t really like to be in the same room right now.”

Jenna surprised replied, “I’m going to meet NSync today? I didn’t think I’d ever see them. Wow!” She sat down on a couch milling the thought of meeting these guys in her head.

Before Jenna could really get a complete thought mapped out, JC and Justin walked in and sat on a couch across from her. Her heart jumped in her chest as her brain registered who had walked in, but her face didn’t let it show. She smiled at the guys, making eye contact with each. “Who are you?” Justin asked bluntly, finally noticing there was someone else in the room.

“Jenna…Who are you?” she asked with a knowing look. Justin smiled back at her then shrugged his shoulders.

Before either could say another word, Chris and Joey walked in the room talking about the ‘finest chick’ in Hollywood at the moment. Joey went to sit on an empty couch as Chris plopped down next to Jenna. He put his arm around Jenna’s shoulders then asked, “Hey cutie! You here with one of those fools?”

Johnny walked up behind Chris and smacked him in the back of the head. “No, she’s here with me.”

Chris rubbed his head as he joined Justin and JC on their couch. “Won’t that piss off your wife?”

Johnny ignored Chris’ question and asked, “Where’s Lance?”

Joey looked at his watch. “He should be here. Give him a sec. He flew in late last night.” As Joey finished his sentence, Lance walked in and gave a quick wave to everyone as he yawned. He sat down on the couch with Joey, head in hands, as Joey patted him on the back. “It’s time to wake up, bro.”

Lance nodded as he rubbed his eyes. When things came back into focus, he saw Jenna smiling at him. He gave a quick smile back to her then asked, “What’s this meeting about?”

Johnny sat down next to Jenna then said, “It’s about this young lady right here. Guys, I’d like you to meet Jenna Sutherland. She is going to be my personal assistant. She’s going to be working a lot with you guys, so I wanted you all to meet her and get to know her. Jenna, this is NSync.” Pointing to each guy, “JC Chasez, Justin Timberlake, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lance Bass, and Joey Fatone.” Each guy either waved or nodded at Jenna. She met each response with a nod and a smile. She looked so calm and comfortable meeting these five stars, but her stomach was doing flip-flops. This was the first time she had ever met a celebrity, more or less five. “Jenna, why don’t you tell everyone about yourself.”

Jenna shifted in her seat. “Okay, well…hum…My name is Jenna Sutherland. I’m 22 and just graduated with a bachelors in Public Relations from Porter State in Plano, Texas. I’m originally from Plano, and…”

Chris interrupted her, “And you were a sorority girl.” He got a devious look in his eye.

Justin punched him in the arm. “Good job, Captain Obvious. Ignore him.”

Jenna laughed then continued. “Yes, I was in a sorority, Tri Pi with my best friends. I really don’t know what all I need to say…um…I’m an only child. My parents are still together. My mom is a social worker and my dad is a lawyer…um, what else do you want to know?”

Chris raised his hand. “Oh, oh…do you have a boyfriend?”

Justin, almost inaudible asked, “Are you a fan?”

Jenna pointed at Chris then Justin. “No, I've been single for about two years and yes I am a fan. I’ve been listening to you guys since the beginning.” She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. After about 30 minutes of getting to know each other, she looked down at her watch. “Um, Johnny…I’m going to have to go. The movers will be at the house in a few.”

JC stood up. “Well, it was nice to meet you Jenna. I guess we’ll see you around.”

Johnny looked at JC and said, “The meeting’s not over yet.” JC quickly sat back down. “I hope you guys have no plans for today, because you are going over to Jenna’s to help her unpack.”

All the guys grumbled. Jenna turned to Johnny. “Oh, they don’t have to help. This is their break. I can do it myself.”

Johnny shook his head. “Nope, sorry. You guys are helping. End of story.” Everyone continued to grumble as Jenna mouthed 'I’m sorry!' to them. They all went out to their cars to drive over to Jenna’s house.

The caravan pulled up to a red brick house just a few blocks away from the compound. Jenna’s eyes scanned the house that she had only seen once before, on the day she had to choose where she wanted to live. Johnny had picked out four houses of different styles and sizes and told Jenna to pick which one she wanted to have as her own. He was going to pay all her moving expenses and bills for the first two months to guarantee that she would move in May and not wait until September like they had first agreed on. Jenna had chosen the coziest of the four. It was a three-bed/two-bath house with a pool and fenced in backyard. The thing that attracted her the most to it was the large kitchen. Jenna loved to cook and was excited to have the room for all her gadgets.

“Welcome to Chez Sutherland!” Jenna said to the guys as she ran her arm, Vanna White style towards her house. She let everyone in and showed them which room was which, apologizing many times that they were stuck wasting their day with her. She then heard a knock at the front door. When she answered it, she saw the truck with all her belongings in it being opened up.

“You Jenna Sutherland?” the husky man in a shirt that said A+ Plus movers on one side and Frank on the other asked.

Jenna nodded. “Yes sir.”

“We got your stuff in the truck. You got help or you doing this yourself?”

Jenna pointed to the group of guys in the living room behind her talking. “I’ve got help.”

Frank shook his head and said, “Well then, have at it little lady.” She signed the receipt on Frank’s clipboard then turned around to tell the guys it was time to start. They moved all the big furniture into its proper spots then put the labeled boxes in their designated rooms. Once everything was out of the truck, the guys sat down in the living room to rest. Jenna went out to her car and got her overnight bag and cooler that she filled up with ice and bottles of water on her way to the compound. She gave each guy a bottle then sat down on the floor stretching her neck.

“You come prepared.” JC joked as he took a long swig of his water.

Jenna popped her back as she replied, “I thought whoever was going to help me deserved something. Although, I thought it was going to be just me and dear old Frank.” Jenna turned the other direction letting a loud crack come from the middle of her spine. All the guys cringed at this sound, but Jenna seemed to have a relaxed look on her face. Jenna then jumped up, clapped her hands twice and said, “Let’s get the rest of this stuff unpacked.”

Lance looked up at her from his comfortable spot on the couch. “Where do you want us?”

Jenna went through a mental checklist then said, “Well clothes and decorations I’ll do later. I need the computer put together and make sure it’s working. And I need the stereo put up in the office.”

Justin spoke up. “I’ll do that.”

“Okay. Then there’s the TV in my bedroom and in here with the DVD player and VCR.”

JC raised his hand. “I’ll take care of that.”

“Then all the movies and CDs need to be put up. Plus the stereo in here.”

Joey patted Chris’ knee who had begun to fall asleep. “We’ll do that.”

Chris opened his eyes and asked, “Do what?”

Joey shook his head. “Put stuff up in here.”

“Oh…”

Jenna looked at Lance and said, “Well, it looks like that leaves us to put up all the kitchen stuff.”

Lance smiled at Jenna. “Sounds like a plan.”

Everyone went to their respective rooms and began to work. Jenna and Lance started with the boxes of pots and pans. They then got all her gadgets put in their spots and plugged in. Jenna then climbed up on the cabinet and put plates and cups away as Lance handed them to her. They did most of this in an awkward silence with the few words being spoken consisting of “where” and “over there.” Jenna was the most nervous around Lance. She really didn’t know why but whatever the reason, the image Jenna had conjured up of him in her head hadn’t been shattered since meeting him. As Lance handed her another coffee cup to put away she looked at him and softly said, “I’m sorry about Russia.”

Lance was shaken from his trance of ‘grab and hand’ and asked, “What?”

Jenna let out a sigh, sat Indian style on the counter, eye level with Lance and said, “I’m really sorry that going into space didn’t work out for you. I know it was a dream of yours and…I’m sorry it didn’t work out.”

Lance looked down at his shoes and mumbled, “Thanks.” The uncomfortable silence reemerged for a moment then Jenna went back to putting the coffee cup away. “Do you know why they didn’t pick me?” Jenna shook her head. Lance confided, with a bit of anger in his voice, “They didn’t let me go up because of my heart. My heart! Can you believe it? I passed all the tests, but then they worried about my heart getting worse while I was up there. It hasn’t got any worse since I found out about it, like two years ago. Why do they think it would get worse then?” Lance shook his head and grabbed for another cup. Jenna, realizing he had just confided in someone he had only known a few hours, didn’t really know what to say. Before she could even open her mouth, Lance looked up at her and let out a weak smile. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t vent on you like that. I guess I’m still just mad about not getting to go.”

Jenna put a hand on his shoulder and smiled at Lance. “Don’t worry about it. Anytime you need to vent, you just come find me.” Lance returned Jenna’s smile and her heart fluttered.

She then saw Joey run in the kitchen and grab Lance’s arm. “Dude, you have to come see this.” Jenna followed the two boys into the living room already occupied by the rest of the group. “She wasn’t kidding when she said she was a fan. Look! She owns all the CDs, even the imports.”

“And,” Chris added, “look at all these movies. She’s got everything.” Chris looked Jenna right in the eyes. “You’re a freak!” He then gave a cocky smile to her.

Jenna returned the look saying, “Well, you’re a dwarflike old man, but you don’t see me pointing that out to everyone, do you?”

Justin laughed. “Good one!”

Chris couldn’t believe someone who barely knew him would play his games so well. “I’m gonna have to get you for that.” He then charged at Jenna. Within a moment, Chris had Jenna pinned down on the floor. She was laughing. “Who’s the old man now?”

Jenna scrunched up her face then wrapped her legs around Chris’ waist and flipped him over. She pinned down his arms then blew some loose blonde hair out of her face. “I think it’s still you.”

The guys laughed and cheered at this sight. Chris, surprised, asked, “How’d you do that?”

Joey smacked Jenna on the butt with one of her videotapes. “I think it might have something to do with this Buns of Steel tape.”

Jenna got up and extended her hand to Chris. “Would you guys like some lunch?” Everyone said yes. “Well then I’ll order some pizzas. How’s that sound? It’s on me.” Everyone agreed and they made their order. They finished up the last bit of unpacking while they waited on the pizza to get there. Once the food arrived, Jenna got plates for everyone and they all sat down at Jenna’s dinning table.

JC asked, “What’s all left to do?”

“Well,” Jenna looked through the door of the dining room at the boxes left in the living room, “mostly putting up clothes and decorations. But I can do that tonight. I guess after you guys eat, you can leave.”

Lance looked up from his pizza and said, “I’ll stay and help, if you want.”

“You don’t have to. Actually, none of you really had to help today. You could have ignored Johnny. I wouldn’t have said anything. Thanks for helping though.” Jenna smiled at the guys and took a bite of her pizza.

“You mean,” Chris threw his napkin on the table, “I could have gone home and slept instead of wrestling a chick and gotten away with it?”

Jenna shook her head. “No Chris. I would have told on you.” Chris stuck out his tongue at Jenna while smiling. “Lance, you really don’t have to stay. I’m sure you’re tired.”

“No, I’ve got my second wind. Plus, if I go home then I have to unpack all my stuff and I don’t want to.”

Jenna patted Lance’s hand. “Thank you!” When everyone finished eating, they put their plates in the sink, said goodbye then left. Jenna put all the leftover pizza in one box and stuck it in her empty fridge. “Looks like I need to go grocery shopping.”

Lance laughed. “That’s a tomorrow project.”

Jenna raised an eyebrow. “Is that an offer or a command?”

“An offer, if you’d like to. I need to get some stuff anyway.”

“Well,” Jenna walked over to the sink to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, “let’s see if you still want to hang out with me after we put up the rest of my crap.”

Lance smiled. “You know, just 15 minutes ago every dish in this place was clean and now…”

Jenna put her hands on her hips and tried her hardest to keep a straight face. “I know. You damn boys! Messin’ up my new house. What am I going to do with ya’ll?” They both busted up laughing. “Come on. Let’s get everything put away.”

Lance nodded. “Where do you want to start?”

Jenna thought for a moment then said, “I’d like to get all my clothes put away first. That’s the biggest job.” Lance grabbed Jenna’s hand and started to walk towards her bedroom while Jenna playfully whined about having to do more work. Lance grabbed a box labeled hangers as Jenna unzipped and began to sort through a suitcase full of clothes. “Hey, do you want me to put in some music?”

“Sure.” Lance said as he began to hang a pile of jeans.

“Anything special you want to listen to?” Jenna hollered from the living room.

“Nope.” Lance then remembered the collection of CDs he had seen earlier. “I don’t want to listen to myself.”

Jenna walked back into the room, India.Arie playing in the background. “I wouldn’t do that to you. Well, at least not yet.” She smiled at him then grabbed a hanger to help Lance out.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki