Seeing Double by LetItBe613


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


A/N ~ Hey this is another little snippit of a story beginning that I was wanting to get out there and try to get some feedback on. When I get caught in my other stories, I have to write something to empty my head. The sooner my head it in a better place, the sooner I will be able to post again for Normalcy... Review this and let me know what you think about it, your reviews help be keep writing. Thanks for your support, Me OUT...

“No Mady, I didn’t watch it. I taped it, I will get around to it along with the millions of other tapes I have laying around here.” Melodie smoothed down her light brown hair, as she was sure Madison was doing with hers.

“Come on Mel, why didn’t you watch the awards, I thanked you.” Madison smoothed down her light brown hair and tucked her feet under her on her overstuffed leather couch, settling in for a night of bickering with her twin sister, unbeknownst to herself that Melodie was mimicking her every move from halfway across the country.

“And I appreciate that, I really do, but I have told you, I don’t feel comfortable with people talking about me or wanting to know me and why I am not an actress too. And I have also asked you to privately thank me on your own and not in front of all those people, it is bad enough that last week I saw pictures of my face plastered across the pages of the Star. Apparently you going grocery shopping is a photo opportunity.”

“I am sorry about that, you looked great though hun, you really did.” Melodie rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically into the phone.

“I don’t care what I looked like, I just, I don’t know. It is just frustrating. I am not you, and I have never wished to be you.” Madison silently wished peace for her sister, the tiny town in California that Melodie had moved into, wasn’t small enough to warrant a paparazzi free environment for her only semi-famous twin sister.

“We have been through this before, you need to just give up that silly writing job that you have and be the Mary Kate to my Ashley. The identical twin thing is in.”

Melodie clenched her teeth and threw a pillow across the room.

“I don’t want to have to give up on my life because some people with cameras can’t tell us apart. I do have that freckle on my nose. Come on, look for some details, they know you have an identical twin, shouldn’t they be careful?” Madison really did feel bad for her ‘little’ sister, she really didn’t ask to be drawn into the spotlight, but the truth of the matter was, Melodie and Madison were dead ringers for one another.

“I don’t know what you want me to say Mely. I have apologized more than should be allowed.”

“I don’t want you to say or do anything Madison, maybe I am just saying that I need a little twin free time for a while.”

”What are you talking about, we never get to see each other as it is, you are twin free year round.”

“Yeah but maybe I would like it if I didn’t have a twin.”

“That really hurts, and I know you didn’t mean that so I am just going to let it go.” Madison fingered the picture of herself and Melodie from when they were five, dressed in the same outfit, with the same goofy smile, and BOTH on the set of their current sitcom.

Back then Melodie loved the spotlight and being a twin was a huge asset when they were younger, as they got older though, Mel grew more and more introverted and shied away from anyone with a camera.

After their parents disappearance she melted into a completely different person that hated to be touched, and pretty much hated to be seen. They were all the other had and were both fully aware of it.

“I meant it, but not how you think. I love you, you know that. I just can’t stand not being able to go outside of my own house to get paper for my printer in the middle of the night without worrying that someone will follow me into the store to ask me for you autograph. I just want to look like I don’t have a twin. I need a change; we have looked alike long enough. You can’t do it, your looks are a lucrative career, mine are, well, yours, only on my body. So I think I am gonna find a way around that.”

“Mel, come on. You don’t need to go to any sort of extremes. I will have a press conference or something telling them to be more careful.” Melodie rolled her eyes and walked over to the picture of their parents that she kept on the very center of her mantle.

“And have them bash me for seemingly not being supportive, I don’t think you will be doing anything like that for me, thank you. Just give me some time, time and space. That is what I need.”

“Fine, we’ll talk later. I am not in the mood to argue with you right now, Drew is coming over in like ten minutes. Call me tomorrow, and don’t do anything stupid.”

“Tell Drew that I said hey, and that I miss him very much.”

“Sure thing, love you.”

“You too. Bye.” Both sisters hit the off button on the cordless phones at the same and the beginning of a new era in the Master’s lives had begun.

Melodie tossed her phone onto the couch next to her and reached for her remote control. “Don’t do anything stupid,” mimicking her sister’s warning, “she’s the one that wore that ugly dress tonight, psh.” Having been there when her sister picked out the dress, and begging her to not wear it, to little avail, she was allowed to critique it harshly in her mind.

That had been a long day; whenever the two of them went anywhere together it was a media circus. Everyone was trying to score a shot of the twins side by side. There wasn’t one person watching the tabloids that could tell them apart, both standing 5’9”, super wavy light brown hair, gray eyes and a smile that could light up a whole stadium.

They both had the same mannerisms and it was hard to keep them from saying the same thing at the same time. Melodie really didn’t feel anger towards to only sister, only towards the people that were not careful enough in their reporting.

She had grown into a shy person and that was the only difference between the two women.

The phone that she had tossed aside rang again and without even looking at the caller id, she answered it.

“Madison, we will talk about what I said later, you and Drew should be doing whatever it is that you and Drew do when I am not around.” She didn’t even take a breath or give the person on the other end to respond before she hit the end button and tossed it onto the counter that she was passing on her way to the fridge.

Before she even had a chance to retrieve the pudding that she was getting up for, the phone rang again. Grabbing it off the counter, she looked at the caller id this time and almost slapped herself for hanging up on the person that was calling back.

“I am sooo sorry.” The flush that reached her face was totally evident in her voice.

“It isn’t every day that I call someone and get hung up on.”

“Well it isn’t everyday that I have an argument with Madison and the phone rings seconds after I hang up with her.”

“You don’t fight everyday? Could have fooled me. I thought that is what the two of you did, I thought it was your thing.” His voice ran into her head like a soft breeze runs through a meadow.
Quiet and cool, with the promise of change.

“I am actually happy that you called.” Sitting back down on the couch, she tucked her legs under her body again and grinned at the face of the man that she was on the phone with, which happened to be on the cover of Rolling Stone that she had framed on her wall.

“Really, why is that hun?”

“Do you know of any nice condos in Florida? I think it is time
for a change.”

“Are you really thinking about moving away? You have lived in California your whole life. The real world is a bit different than your little cubby hole that you have over there.” His tone was serious even though his thoughts sounded slightly mocking.

“I need to get out of here. There are a lot of things that need changed. Just tell me that you won’t ask questions and that you will just take a look for me. You know what I can afford.”

“Oh, I get it. You just want to be close to me.”

“Oh yeah, that is it, totally. I can’t stand to be away from your hot body. I have numerous sex dreams about you every night and I cry whenever we hang up with each other.” There was no emotion in her voice other than the dry sarcasm that he loved about her.

“Now that wasn’t so hard, was it? Proclaiming your lust for me was easier than you thought it would be, just a few words on the other end of a phone line and you have me all ready to love you long time.”

“Promise me that you won’t tell Mady.” Melodie ignored his words spoke with a stony seriousness.

“She is going to find out.”

“Not if I have anything to do with it. I need to just lie low for a while. Just let me try this out. I am flying out tomorrow; I will have Lacy book the flight when I get off the phone with you. I hope you are free tomorrow because my life is about to change.”

“I don’t know where this is coming from, but just let me know when you will be getting in and I will be there to pick you up.”

“Thank you. Just know that I have to do this.” Her words were vague, yet he had an idea of what she was thinking and talking about.

“I can’t say that I get it, but I will just take this at face value and let it come as it does.”

“I really do appreciate that. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“I don’t know either. I love you Mel.”

“I know you do. I’ve gotta get going, I have a lot of things to tie up around here.” On the other end of the phone line the man ran a hand over his face and back through his hair in slight regret of saying the words. He hadn’t meant to say them again, so soon, and knowing that she wasn’t going to say them back.

“I mean the things I say Mel, I don’t just throw those things around.”

“I know that Josh. We talked about this; we both know that I am not ready for any of this. I want to be, but I just can’t. It would be better if we just left it alone for a while.” Melodie leaned her head over onto the armrest of the couch and squeezed her eyes shut.

“I know, shit, Mel, I’m sorry. Just call me and let me know when you will get in. I will be there with bells on.”

“Please don’t where that god awful shirt that actually has bells on it.” Laughter was present in her voice again and this brought a smile to the man’s face.

“That was one time, and it was for a Christmas special.”

“It was still hideous and don’t act like it isn’t in that walk in closet of yours.”

“I wouldn’t even know where to look for it, but if you have your heart set on it, then I will rummage around and find it.”

“Goodbye Joshua.”

“Bye Melodie, see you soon.”

“Yeah, soon.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki