Let Me Love You by chelsia


Number of reviews: 265
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Noises coming from the bathroom slowly drew Brenna out of her sleep. A slight smile came over her lips as she burrowed a little deeper in the bed. She was so comfortable and warm and she wanted to stay asleep a little longer.

She managed to stay in her light sleep for a few more minutes before the sunlight shining in through the windows woke her up fully. She turned onto her side and slowly opened her eyes. The bathroom door was open and a slight smile graced her lips when she saw Justin. He was clothed merely in a towel wrapped around his waist and he was leaning over the sink, shaving. She stared at him, not moving, her eyes traveling down his body and then back where she would see the concentration in his face on his present task.

He is so hot.

Justin bent down and splashed some water on his face and then straightened and dried off his face. He turned to come back into the room and his eyes landed on her.

“Hey. You’re awake.”

She nodded. “Yeah.”

He went into the closet and then reappeared in a pair of jeans. “I’m going to leave for the airport in like ten minutes to get Mom. Did you want to come?”

“No. I’m too comfortable.”

He pulled a shirt over his head and came over to her. “Yeah, you look pretty comfortable,” he said with a smile. “Good morning.” He leaned over to kiss her forehead and then moved to her mouth. She wanted more but he pulled away after just one kiss and left her staring after him.

“I was thinking I’d take Mom out to breakfast so we probably won’t be home right away.” He went back into the bathroom and grabbed his hair gel. “When I talked to her last night she mentioned something about wanting to look for baby furniture with you.”

“Already?” she asked, watching him run his hands through his hair and style it.

“Bren, she’s been waiting for years for a grandkid. She’s so excited for all the decorating and stuff.”

Brenna stretched out her legs and then curled them back up. “Is there a room for a nursery?”

“I don’t know. Maybe the guest room across the hallway. Or the room down the hall where your sewing stuff is.”

“Maybe.”

“It would only take a few days to rearrange the rooms so it’s not like there’s any rush. Mom’s just excited and wants to get some ideas.” Justin rinsed off his hand and then picked up his bottle of cologne. “I might stop by the grocery store too on the way back. Did you ever get those prenatal vitamins Dr. Istrov said to get?”

“I forgot.”

“I’ll pick them up. Do we need anything else?”

“Milk.”

“Okay.” He exited the bathroom and turned off the light on his way out and then came over to the bed.

“I’m gonna go. We’ll be back in a couple hours.”

She turned onto her back. “Okay.” She smiled a bit as he leaned over the bed, placing a hand on either side of her head. Her eyes closed as he kissed her and she could feel herself melting back into the mattress as his tongue slipped into her mouth. She was once again left wanting more as he pulled back.

“Bye.”

“Bye,” she said softly after him. She breathed in deeply as he left the room, the air still smelling like his cologne.

Rolling onto her side, she burrowed back into her bed and closed her eyes. She was too awake at that point though and after laying there for ten minutes, she pushed back the blankets and got out of bed.

She had a shower and then got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen. She spent some time eating breakfast and reading the newspaper before deciding to clean up around the house before Lynn got there. She was just finishing sweeping the kitchen floor when she heard the front door open and heard Justin’s voice. Taking a deep breath, she ran her palms down the front of her jeans, suddenly a little tense.

Coming out of the kitchen, she saw Justin and Lynn in the front hallway, Justin carrying a suitcase.

“Brenna!” Lynn said when she saw her, a bright smile coming to her face.

Brenna smiled and accepted the hug Lynn gave her.

“It’s so good to see you, Hun,” Lynn said, squeezing her tight. “It feels like it’s been forever.”

“It’s good to see you too,” Brenna replied. “Was your flight okay?”

“The usual. I slept for most of it.”

Justin put down the suitcase. “I’m going to grab the rest of the stuff from the car.”

Brenna watched him go back outside and then turned to Lynn.

“You look so good, Hun. How have you been feeling?”

“Alright.”

Lynn followed her to the kitchen. “Any morning sickness?”

“Every once in a while. It’s gotten a lot better though.”

“That’s good. Justin said it was pretty bad at the beginning.”

“It was.” Brenna looked around the kitchen. “Did you want something to eat or drink?”

“I’m fine. Justin and I picked up some breakfast on the way back from the airport.”

“Okay.” Brenna heard the front door open again and a minute later Justin appeared, carrying a couple plastic bags.

“Bren, here are the vitamins,” he said, pulling a bottle out of one of the bags. “You’re supposed to take on every morning.”

She took the bottle from him and examined it. “Okay.”

“Did you arrange it differently in here?” Lynn asked, looking around the kitchen.

“Yeah, Bren did it a little while ago. I still can’t find things half the time.”

“I didn’t like how it was before,” Brenna said. “Now it’s more organized.”

“I like it,” Lynn offered. “The table looks good by the French doors. Those flowers on the table are nice too. Where did they come from?”

“Kate brought them over yesterday,” Justin said.

“Oh, that’s nice of her. Is she coming over for dinner tonight?”

“She said she would.” Justin checked his watch. “I need to go. My meeting’s in half an hour. I’ll put your suitcases in your room, Mom.”

“Alright. Thank you, Justin.”

He grabbed his car keys and came over to Brenna. He leaned down and kissed her cheek. “I’ll be back in a few hours.”

“Bye,” she said softly.

After he had left the kitchen, Lynn went over to her purse on the counter and pulled out a photo envelope. “I have some pictures from John and Catherine Fairweather’s fortieth wedding anniversary.”

“They own the bakery I used to work at?”

“Mm hmm.”

Brenna went over to Lynn and took the pictures from her. Lynn told her about the pictures as she looked through them.

She really wished she remembered her part. Shelby Forest looked like a great place to grow up and all the people looked so nice. She felt robbed of all the memories of her past she should have.

“Who are these kids?” she asked, looking down at some children in a picture.

“Those are Catherine and John’s grandchildren, Braden and Sarah. You used to babysit for them when they were babies. They loved you. You were so good with them.”

Brenna’s hand unconsciously went to her stomach. “Really?”

Lynn smiled over at her. “I always knew you would be a natural mother.”

She fell silent and her hand slid down to her side. “I hope so,” she murmured.

Lynn glanced over at her and set the pictures down on the counter. “Do you feel like you’re ready for all this?”

Brenna shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I really don’t have a choice, right?”

“Well, no. I guess.” Lynn put her arm around Brenna and rubbed her arm. “In no time you’ll be so excited you won’t know what to do with yourself.”

“I guess.”

“I was thinking it would be fun to go look at baby furniture so you could get some ideas for the nursery.”

“Yeah, Justin said something about that this morning.”

“So is that something you want to do?”

“Sure.”

Lynn checked her watch. “We could even go shopping now since Justin’s off in meetings.”

Brenna thought about it for a minute. “Sure, I guess.”

“Did you want me to drive?”

“Oh, no, I’m fine.”

“I know there’s a really nice baby shop near Sunset,” Lynn said as they walked to the front of the house. “We could go there.”

“Sure.”

“So how are you liking work?” Lynn asked as they got into the car.

“It’s good. There’s a lot of variety so I’m never bored. And everyone there is so nice.”

“There’s always good people working for Johnny. Have you decided what you’ll do when you have the baby?”

“I haven’t really thought about it that much. I still have lots of time to decide.”

“Of course. Time flies though.”

Brenna smiled a bit. “I know.”

Four hours later, Brenna was pulling the car back into the garage. As she and Lynn got out of the car, the door leading into the house opened and Justin appeared.

“Where have you guys been?”

“Shopping,” Lynn answered.

He came over to them. “What did you buy?”

“I got stuff for the nursery,” Brenna said, going to the trunk.

“Oh, really? Great. What stuff?”

“A crib and a dresser. Some clothes too.” Brenna opened the trunk and leaned over to pick up one of the boxes. She looked up when Justin nudged her out of the way.

“I’ll get it. You shouldn’t be lifting heavy stuff.”

She stepped back and let him lift up a couple boxes. “The crib and dresser have to be assembled.”

“I can put them together after super,” Justin grunted, adjusting the boxes in his arms. He began to walk towards the door and Brenna quickly went ahead of him to open the door for him. They all went inside and as Brenna went to go to the bathroom, Lynn and Justin went back outside to grab everything else.

Lynn offered to start dinner and Brenna went upstairs with Justin as he moved the boxes to the empty guest room. He put them on the floor and began to open one.

Brenna bit her lip as she looked into the empty hallway and then closed the door softly. “Justin?”

“Yeah?” he asked distractedly, pulling the instructions from one of the boxes.

“Um, while I was out with Lynn I remembered something.”

He looked up. “Life from before the accident?”

“Yeah.”

“What was it?”

“It was really, really fast. It was just like a pond or something in a forest.”

He thought for a minute. “Maybe you were remembering that pond in Shelby Forest that you always used to go to. Was there a picnic table and a really big rock by it?”

“I don’t remember. It was really fast.”

“When did you have it? Where were you?”

“Just at a furniture store.”

“What did Mom say?”

“I…I didn’t tell her.”

“Why not?”

She shrugged and looked away. “I don’t know. It was so fast and I didn’t feel comfortable telling her.”

“Oh. Well that’s great that you remembered something. Make sure you write it down.”

“I will.”

“Let’s go tell Mom,” he said, standing up.

“I don’t know…”

He took her hand and pulled her into the hallway. “It’s fine. Come on.”

She reluctantly followed him downstairs. She didn’t really want to tell everyone. Justin just didn’t understand that she and Lynn were not as close as he assumed they were. And when people knew she felt pressure to remember more when that was completely out of her hands.

“Mom, guess what!” Justin said when they rounded the corner to the kitchen. “Bren remembered that pond from Shelby Forest.”

Lynn looked up from the meat she was cutting. “Oh you did, Brenna? That’s wonderful.”

Brenna forced herself to smile. “Yeah.”

“So this is the second time you’ve remembered something?”

“Yeah.”

“Well that has to be a good sign. You must be so happy, Brenna.”

“Yeah, I am.” She inched her way out of the kitchen. “Excuse me.” She went to the stairs and was halfway up them before she heard Justin’s voice behind her.

“Bren?”

She paused and turned around to see Justin coming up the stairs behind her.

“Where are you going?” he asked when he reached her.

“I’m going to lay down. I’m tired.”

“Supper will be soon.”

“Just wake me up when it’s done.”

“Okay.”

She went upstairs, leaving Justin standing on the stairs. She went to her bedroom and climbed into bed. She actually was tired and it wasn’t long before she was asleep.


“So we’re eating soon?” Justin asked an hour later.

“In a couple minutes.”

“Okay. I’m going to get Brenna.” He stood up and moved past Lynn and Kate by the counter and took the stairs two at a time to the second level of the house. Easing open the door to his and Brenna’s room, he found it dark inside. He made his way to the bed and climbed on it, finding Brenna laying on her back in the middle of the bed. He leaned down and kissed her lips softly a few times before she stirred. Her eyes fluttered open and she turned her face away from him.

“Hey, supper’s ready. Kate’s here. You’ve got to get up.”

She frowned and turned onto her side. “I’m too tired.”

“But supper’s ready.”

Her voice became a whine. “No. I’m too tired.”

“But it’s Mom’s first night here.”

“Go away and let me sleep,” she abruptly snapped, pulling the blankets up to her chin.”

He let out a breath of air and didn’t say anything as he got off the bed and went to the door.

“Where’s Bren?” Kate asked when he came back into the kitchen.

“She says she wants to sleep.”

“Are you alright, Justin?” Lynn asked, placing a dish of potatoes on the table.

“She’s just so damn moody all the time. One minutes she’s all happy and the next she’s yelling at me to let her sleep.”

Kate and Lynn exchanged a look and both began to smile.

“You know she’s pregnant, right?” Kate asked.

He rolled his eyes. “I’m aware, thanks.”

“Pregnant women are moody, Justin,” Lynn said.

“Well, I know that. But it’s just a little extreme.”

“Just be patient, Hun. We’ll save her a plate of diner and once she wakes up she’ll feel better.”

He sighed and sat down at the table. “Fine. Whatever,” he mumbled, slouching in his seat, no longer in the best of moods



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki