Let Me Love You by chelsia


Number of reviews: 265
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Ready to go?”

Brenna looked up from the computer screen in front of her to see Kate standing in the doorway of her office. “Yeah. It’s five already?”

Kate checked her watch. “Ten after actually.”

Brenna shut down the program she was in and then turned off the computer. She stood as she gathered her things and put them in her bag.

“Oh, I like your shoes,” Kate said. “Where did you get them?”

“I found them in the back of my closet, still in the box. I must have bought them before.”

“They’re cute.”

“They’re killing my feet. I can’t wait to get them off.”

“Well we’ll be sitting at the restaurant so it won’t be as bad. Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah.” Brenna followed her out the door, shutting it behind her. They walked down the hallway to the elevator.

“Justin said he drove you this morning.”

“Yeah so I need a ride with you.”

“Perfect.” The elevator doors opened and they stepped into it. “So guess who’s moving back to LA.”

“Who?”

“Drew!”

“Really? I thought he owned that studio in Chicago though.”

“He sold it.”

“Why?”

“I actually have no idea. He called me yesterday and told me. I had no idea he was even considering it.” They stepped out of the elevator at the lobby and headed towards the front doors. “He didn’t really give me a solid reason why he wants to move back here. Just that he needed a change and he missed LA.”

“What will he do here?”

“Probably teach dance again. I’m not sure though. But with the money he made from selling his studio, he could afford to not work for a bit. Maybe he’ll just take some time off and not work for a bit.”

“When is he moving back?”

“I think within the month. He still has to find a place to live out here. I think he wants to buy a house instead of an apartment.” Kate unlocked the doors to her car and they got in. “But I figured we maybe shouldn’t tell Justin right now. We all know how much Justin hates Drew.”

“But won’t he find out when Drew is suddenly living here?”

“Well we’ll tell him but just not now. Maybe if you butter him up he’ll take it better.”

“Butter him up?”

“Sure. You know, get some sexy lingerie, light a few candles.”

A blush immediately spread across Brenna’s cheeks. “Kate,” she protested.

“Seriously, it would work the best. If you get him in the mood and then whisper, ‘Fyi, Drew’s moving back to LA’ he won’t even comprehend it.”

“I’m sure there’s a better way to tell him.”

Kate smiled. “Maybe I’ll just tell him tomorrow. So did I tell you I went for coffee with Tyler?”

“Ex boyfriend Tyler?”

“Yeah.”

“I thought you were avoiding him.”

“I was. But I figured I’d just get it over with and go out with him once.”

“Wasn’t it awkward?”

“Um…it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. A little uncomfortable at first but it got better.”

“So are you going to see him again?”

Kate shrugged. “I’m not sure. Maybe. He’s not as bad as I remembered. He was less chauvinistic than he used to be.” She smiled. “And he got these streaks in his hair that look really good.”

Brenna laughed. “Of course.”

“Yeah so I don’t know if I’ll get together with him again. When I was leaving he said he’d call me this week. So I may or may not avoid his call.”

“Is he interested in dating?”

“I’m not sure. Tyler can be really hard to read when he wants to be. But he probably is. He’s never been the type to just be friends with a girl. We’ll see.”

Brenna nodded and turned her head to look out the window. “Where is the restaurant we’re going to?”

“It’s called Blue NY or something. Trace picked it out. It’s just up here I think.”

They arrived at the restaurant a couple minutes later and Brenna spotted Justin’s car in the parking lot as they walked in. Kate breezed past the hostess and Brenna followed quietly behind as Kate went to the back of the restaurant where Justin and Trace sat at a table. Justin stood up when they neared and he stepped towards Brenna to give her a quick kiss before pulling out her chair for her. She smiled and sat down, pulling her chair in to the table.

“How was work?” he asked.

She shrugged. “The same.”

“Nothing interesting happened?”

“Not really. I did paperwork all day.”

“Sounds exhilarating,” Trace said, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah it was pretty boring.”

“So we were thinking of going to a movie after we eat,” Trace said. “There’s a theatre near here.”

“Sounds good,” Kate said. “Like a comedy?”

Justin began to smile. “Actually there’s this psychological thriller movie that’s playing. It looked really good.”

Brenna felt her nose wrinkle but Kate butted in before she could protest.

“It’s going to be gory, isn’t it?”

Justin exchanged a look with Trace. “Well I don’t know. I’m sure not THAT much.”

“I don’t want to go to a gory movie,” Kate announced. “And neither does Brenna.”

“Brenna likes thrillers.”

She looked up at Justin. “No I don’t.”

“You used to.”

She raised her eyebrows. “I did?”

“Oh shut your hole, Justin,” Kate said. “Don’t try and trick her. You’ve never liked thrillers or gory movies, Bren.”

Brenna looked back to Justin and he gave her a sheepish smile.

“Okay so they’re not your favorite type of movie.” He paused to glare at Kate when she snorted. “But I mean, let’s try something new for once. You guys always want to see chick flicks.”

Brenna looked over at Kate who gave her a look.

“Be strong, Brenna. We’re going to a comedy.” She waved her hand at Trace as he began to protest. “Look, if you guys want to be in our lovely presence tonight, we’re not going to anything even slightly gory.”

Trace began to laugh. “Your lovely presence, Kate? I mean, Brenna, sure. But you, Kate?”

She rolled her eyes and took a sip of water. “Whatever. We all know we’re going to a comedy so there’s no point insulting me.”

Brenna smiled and leaned back in her chair. It amazed her how those three could bicker back and forth nonstop. At least it made for interesting listening and at this point, she’d rather just listen than participate in the discussion.


Justin looked over at Brenna as she shifted for the hundredth time in her chair. “You okay?”

She gave a short nod and shifted again.

“You don’t look okay.”

“I’m just a little uncomfortable.”

“Why?”

“Well if I knew I’d fix it.”

He smiled a bit. “Oh,” he simply said, checking his watch. “We’ve been sitting in here for like ten minutes.”

“I know. He must be busy.”

“Well yeah, but the appointment was for eleven and it’s ten after eleven.”

“I thought you had the day off.”

“I do but I’m just sick of-” He stopped abruptly when the door opened and Peter Waters came in.

“Good morning, Justin, Brenna. Sorry I’m late.”

“That’s fine,” Justin said. “We hardly noticed.”

Brenna rolled her eyes at his words but smiled.

Peter sat down at his desk and opened the file sitting there. “So how have the past few weeks been?”

Justin glanced over at Brenna. “Good.”

“Brenna?”

“Yeah, things are fine,” she said.

“The last time we talked you had had that flashback when your mother-in-law was out visiting. Have you had anymore?”

Brenna shook her head. “No. None.”

“Is that bad?” Justin asked. “To go for three weeks with nothing?”

“No. The fact that Brenna is having flashbacks is an extremely good sign. You can’t force these things and it’s best to just keep everything normal and let things progress naturally.”

“Okay.”

“And how are things with your pregnancy, Brenna? How far along are you now?”

“Almost three months.”

“Well you look great. And everything’s going alright?”

“Everything is great,” Justin said. “We got a sonogram picture last week. The doctor said the baby is doing great.”

“That’s good.” Peter leaned back in his chair. “How are things between you two? Everything’s okay?”

Justin glanced over at Brenna again. “Things are pretty good. They’ve really gone back to normal it seems.”

“Is that what you think, Brenna?”

She looked from her lap to the therapist. “Hmm?”

“Are things going well at home?”

She shrugged. “Sure. I guess.”

“You seem a little hesitant with that answer.”

Justin looked over at Brenna as she shrugged again.

“Brenna, the point of these sessions is to help out you and Justin while you deal with your amnesia. It’s important to be honest.”

She sighed and rubbed one hand up and down the opposite arm. “Well I don’t know. Things sometimes just aren’t what I expected.”

“In what way?”

Her words were very soft. “He’s just a little controlling sometimes.”

Justin’s eyebrows rose. “Controlling?” he repeated slowly.

“How is Justin controlling?” Peter asked.

He stared at her as she shifted in her chair, shocked she had said he was controlling.

“I don’t know. He just does things without asking.”

“Like what?” Justin demanded.

“Like when you ordered for me at the restaurant last night.”

“You were in the bathroom.”

“You could have waited. I didn’t want the chicken you ordered.”

“Well that’s what you’ve always gotten when we’ve gone there.”

“Well that’s not what I wanted to order.”

“You should have said something then.”

She gave him a look. “I was in the bathroom.”

“After you came back you could have said something and changed the order.”

She shook her head silently and went on without responding to his comment. “Or when you looked through my phone without asking when Drew called.”

His eyebrows rose again. “Who cares if I looked at your phone? Do you have something to hide?”

“I have nothing to hide but I’d like some privacy.”

“It’s a phone,” he said slowly. “Who cares.”

Her eyebrows narrowed. “I do,” she said hotly.

“Alright, let’s calm down for a minute and talk about this,” Peter interrupted. “Obviously this is bothering you, Brenna.”

Justin faced forward and crossed his arms over his chest, thoroughly pissed off. He wasn’t even hearing what Peter was saying, his mind focused on how Brenna had just gone after him like that for no reason.

He went though the next forty minutes with short answers and nods, eager to leave. It was noon when he silently left the building with Brenna. He didn’t say anything until they were alone in the car.

“That was really classy, Brenna,” he said, starting the car.

“What?” she asked.

“If you’ve got a problem, tell it to my face, don’t air it all out in the therapist’s office.”

She crossed her arms over her chest and turned to look out the window. “That’s why we’re there.”

“We’re there to help our marriage. Not to air dirty laundry.”

“I’m not airing dirty laundry. I was just stating that I don’t like when you’re controlling.”

“You know, nothing I used to do that was ‘controlling’ used to bother you before.”

“It bothers me now.”

He shook his head. “Everything bothers you now,” he mumbled and then it was quiet for a while. It wasn’t until he was pulling the car up to the house that he heard her sniff. He glanced over at her and sighed when he saw the tears falling down her cheeks. He was a sucker for her tears and if it wasn’t for her amnesia and the fact that she didn’t know that, he would have thought she was crying just to make him feel bad.

As soon as he parked in the garage, Brenna got out and began to walk quickly to the front door. He turned off the car and followed behind her.

“Brenna,” he called. He stopped her on the stairs leading up to the second floor of the house. “Stop for a minute.”

She turned to face him. She was one stair above him, leaving them close to eye level. “What?”

“Look, I’m not trying to make you upset but I don’t like being blindsided like that. If something’s bothering you than just say it.”

“I didn’t know how.”

He shrugged. “Just say it.”

“Well you get so defensive about it.”

“I just don’t like being blindsided like I was today. Don’t pretend everything is okay if it’s not.”

“Fine,” she said softly.

“Thank you.”

She turned and walked up a few steps before stopping and turned back around. “Do you have any idea how hard this all is for me, Justin?”

He paused at her sudden question and slowly shook his head. “No, I don’t, Brenna. I really can’t imagine going through what you’re going through.”

She sank down to sit on the carpeted step and rested her chin in her hands. “There’s just so much going on in my head all the time that it’s hard to just voice something when it’s bothers me. Because I don’t know if it’s something that’s just normal and something I wouldn’t get upset by.”

He was silent for a minute. “Well if you just say it then at least we can fix it together. And I’d rather fix things privately than with a therapist.”

She sighed. “But you get so mad and don’t listen.”

He stared at her for a minute. “I’ll try not to, okay?”

“Okay.” She stood and started up the stairs again.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to sleep. I’m tired.”

“Kate’s coming over soon. Did you want me to wake you up?”

Brenan got an uncertain look on her face. “Um, no. I think she wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Really? What?”

“She…I think it might be about,” she hesitated. “Drew?”

The name caused a slight frown to come over his face. “What about him?”

“I think she wanted to tell you.”

He sighed and started up the stairs towards her. “Brenna…just tell me. I’ll still act all surprised when Kate tells me.”

“Kate said that he’s moving back here.”

Justin forced his face to remain neutral even though he wanted to curl his lip in annoyance. “Why?”

“I don’t know actually.”

“Huh,” he mumbled. “Well that’s interesting.”

She stared at him. “You aren’t mad?”

He shrugged. “Who cares?” he said easily, even though he knew inside he cared very deeply. He didn’t see anything good that could come out of Drew living in LA again. Drew had caused enough problems in his relationship with Brenna over the years and Justin didn’t want anything else to come in between them. Drew being back could change everything.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki