Let Me Love You by chelsia


Number of reviews: 265
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin awoke to the sound of someone in the kitchen and the smell of bacon. He stretched out in bed and looked beside him to see an empty spot. Brenna must be downstairs making herself breakfast before she left for work.

Raising his arm above his head to rest on the pillow, he shut his eyes again. It smelt good downstairs but he was too comfortable laying there to get up. And he was going to be spending the next three nights in a hotel in New York so he figured he might as well enjoy being in his own bed while he could.

He was just starting to drift into a light sleep when he heard the door of the room open. He cracked open an eye.

“Good morning.”

He opened both eyes and become more awake when he saw Brenna coming towards the bed, carrying a tray. He lifted his head from the pillow.

“What’s that?”

“Breakfast. Sit up.”

He smiled and pulled himself into a sitting position, leaning back against the headboard. “Wow. What did I do to deserve breakfast in bed?”

She carefully set the tray on his lap and then sat down beside him in bed. “I just thought you might like some home cooked food before you leave this afternoon.”

He picked up his fork and took a bite of eggs. “Don’t you work this morning?”

“I’m just going to go in this afternoon. There wasn’t much to do today.”

“Oh.” He fell silent as he ate, enjoying the food. Brenna had never been much of a breakfast person so normally if he wanted breakfast, he’d have to make it himself. This was a welcome change.

“Is everything alright?”

He nodded. “This is all great. Thanks for making all this, Bren.”

She shrugged and began to play with the edge of the sheet. “You’re welcome.”

He took a bite of toast as he watched her. “So are you going to be alright here by yourself for the next few days?”

She looked up of him. “Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

“If you want, Trace would stay over here until I get back.”

“I’ll be fine. I have to work everyday anyways so it’ll go by quick.”

“And once I’m back I have like two weeks with nothing to do.”

“So you’re saying I should enjoy my time alone before I’m stuck with you for two weeks?”

He laughed and bumped her shoulder with his. “Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m saying.”

She smiled and leaned her head back against the headboard. “When is Kate coming to pick you up?”

“Around eleven. I have to finish packing soon.”

“You haven’t finished yet? I thought you did last night.”

“I was going to but then Mom called and I got distracted. We were trying to figure out what we’re doing for Christmas. Mom wants to come down here.”

“Okay.”

“That’s alright? It would be my parents and grandparents. You’re okay with having all those people here?”

“Yeah it would be fun.”

“Okay. Well I’ll tell Mom it’s okay with you next time I talk to her.” He put the last bite of food in his mouth and then drank the glass of orange juice. She took the empty tray form him and moved to put the tray on the bedside table. As soon as it was out of her hands, he reached out and placed his hands on her waist, pulling her down so she was sitting sideways on his lap. He kissed her smiling mouth.

“Thanks for making me breakfast,” he said, wrapping his arms around her.

She leaned against him. “Anytime.”

“Better not say that or I’ll be wanting breakfast in bed every morning.”

She smiled. “That’s a little much,” she said, patting his stomach. “We wouldn’t want you to get a tummy.”

“Nope. Only one around here getting a tummy should be you.” He moved one of his hands to cover her stomach, slipping it under her shirt so he could feel her bare skin. She shivered a bit and he smiled.

“Sorry. My hands are cold.”

She leaned her head against his shoulder. “It’s okay.”

They had been sitting there silently for a couple minutes before Brenna spoke again.

“Do you have to get up soon?”

“I’ve got a few more minutes. Why? Are you trying to get rid of me?”

She lifted her head up to kiss his cheek and then rested it back on his shoulder. “Definitely not.”

*                      *                      *

Brenna grimaced slightly and leaned forward to rub her temples. She hadn’t felt right all way. It had started out with nausea that morning and that had turned into stomach pain. She was tempted to just leave work and go home but she was supposed to be teaching Jason a computer program and it was one of the only days they could do it. She just wanted to get it over with and go home and sleep.

She raised her head when there was a knock on her office door and saw Jason coming into the room.

“Ready?”

She straightened in her chair and breathed in deeply. “Yeah.”

Jason pulled over a chair next to her. “This won’t take too long will it? I’m supposed to be at the new office at two thirty.”

“Yeah it’ll only take about half an hour.” She clicked into the computer program. “What are you doing at the new office?”

“Just checking construction for Johnny. They have the top floors done.”

“Oh.” She rubbed her hand over her stomach as she grew more uncomfortable sitting there. She shifted in her chair. “Okay, so just log into here like you normally would.”

“Wait, before we get too into this, I’m just going to go to the washroom. Is that okay?”

“Sure.” She watched him get up and as he was leaving, she leaned forward in her chair and rested her forehead on her desk, wrapping her arms around her stomach as she moaned slightly.

“Hey, Brenna, do you have the…are you alright?”

Brenna raised her head to see Audrey in the doorway of the office. “Yeah, I’m-” She stopped abruptly and winced as a particularly sharp pain went through her midsection.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m okay. My stomach’s just feeling a little weird.”

Audrey examined her face. “I’ll be right back.”

Brenna dropped her head back to the desk, squeezing her eyes shut. She tried to breath evenly, hoping to alleviate the pain in her body.

“Brenna? Are you alright?”

She lifted her head again and sighed inwardly when she saw Johnny coming into her office, followed by Audrey. “I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine. You’re pale. Audrey said you’re feeling pain in your stomach.”

“No, it’s just…” she trailed off and sucked in a breath, biting back a moan.

Johnny turned to Audrey. “Can you call an ambulance, Audrey?”

“Johnny,” Brenna protested weakly.

“Brenna, you are clearly in pain and you need to see a doctor. Audrey’s already calling. Now why don’t you come lay down on the couch until the paramedics get here.”

Brenna straightened and allowed Johnny to help her up. As he was leading her to the couch in her office, Jason appeared in the doorway.

“Is, uh, everything okay?”

“Brenna’s not feeling well so she’s going to go to the hospital.”

“Oh…okay. So…what about the computer program?”

“Why don’t you go check out the construction now. You can learn the program anytime.”

“Alright…Feel better, Brenna.”

She didn’t respond and laid down on her side, curling into a ball. Johnny pulled her desk chair over to the couch and sat down.

“Justin’s in New York, right? Do you want me to call him?”

She shook her head. “No. He’ll just freak out and I’m feeling better. I just need to go home.”

“Well the paramedics are already on their way and I’ll feel better if you get checked out by a doctor.”

She closed her eyes and sighed. She didn’t want to go to the hospital and find out something was wrong. She had never felt like this before. She just wanted to be at home with Justin and for have everything be like normal. She knew the pains in her stomach would prevent that from happening.

*                      *                      *

Justin had just finished up with an interview from a magazine when Kate came walking towards him.

“Feel like getting supper?” he asked. “I’m starving.”

“First you need to talk to Bren,” Kate said, holding out his phone to him. “She’s on the phone.”

He checked his watch. “I said I’d call her tonight. What time is it in LA?”

Kate pressed the phone into his hand. “Just…” she trailed off and shook her head.

He gave her a weird look and then raised the phone to his ear. “Hey, Bren.”

“Hi.” Her voice was soft.

“What’s up? Are you at work?”

“No.” She sighed. “I’m at the hospital.”

His steps to the doorway of the room halted. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“It’s fine. Don’t freak out.”

“Then tell me why you’re at the hospital.”

“I was at work and I started to get these stomach pains. Johnny brought me to the hospital.”

“What’s wrong?” he quickly asked.

“The doctor just said it was mild contractions.”

“Contractions,” he breathed out.

“They stopped them and I’m fine. I don’t even have to stay here overnight. I’m just waiting for Audrey to bring my car here.”

“You’re not driving home.”

“Justin, I’m fine. My doctor said this happens sometimes.”

Justin sat down in a nearby chair and rubbed his temples. “Maybe I should get a flight back.”

“You have promotions. You’re home tomorrow night anyways. I’m fine. Really.”

“Well…well I’m gonna call Trace and get him to stay over at the house tonight.”

“Justin, I’m-”

“Brenna.”

She sighed. “Okay.” It was silent for a moment. “Audrey’s here. I have to go.”

“Well go home and rest, alright?”

“I will.”

“And I’ll call you in a couple hours.”

“Okay.”

“I love you, Bren.”

“Bye, Justin.”

He sighed and hung up the phone. He looked up at Kate as she came over to him. “Kate, I should go back.”

“You can’t, Justin. Your schedule is packed solid until you leave tomorrow.” She sat down beside him. “Besides, there’s nothing you can do by flying back.”

“But at least I’d be there.”

“You’ll be there in just over a day.”

He ran his hands over his head. “Yeah, I know.” He sighed again and then stood. “Are you still up for supper?”

“Come on, Justin. Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m always up for food.”

He smiled slightly and began to walk towards the door. “Then let’s go.”

*                      *                      *

Brenna was reading a book the next night when she heard the sound of the garage door going up. A smile spread across her face and she marked her place in her book and then uncurled herself from the couch and stood up. Justin was stepping into the house when she reached the front hallway. She went over and immediately put her arms around his neck and hugged him.

“I missed you,” she mumbled into his neck.

His arms went around her. “I missed you too, Bren.” He pulled back and his eyes examined her. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine.”

“You’re sure?”

She nodded and he raised his hands to cup her face. He lowered his face and kissed her long and slow. When he pulled back, he rested his forehead against hers.

“I was really worried about you.”

“You don’t have to be.”

“Well I still was.” He kissed her again and then pulled back and looked around. “Where’s Trace?”

“I sent him home an hour ago. He didn’t know what to do with himself here. I got tired of him pacing.”

Justin smiled. “I need to call him and thank him for staying here.”

“Are you hungry? I made extra dinner.”

“Yeah, I could eat.”

She started towards the kitchen and he followed her.

“So tell me exactly what the doctor told you yesterday.”

She smiled slightly as she pulled a plate of food from the fridge. She had been waiting for him to ask that from the minute he stepped into the house.

“She said it isn’t uncommon and it could have been stress related. And she said not to do anything too strenuous.”

“That’s it?”

“Pretty much. She said that if there were anymore problems then it might be something to be worried about. But I’m fine.” She saw his uncertain look. “And she gave me her card in cause you wanted to call her and ask any questions.”

He nodded. “Good. I will tomorrow. I’m too tired tonight. I just want to eat and then go to bed.”

It was quiet for a moment as she watched him eat. When she finally spoke, her words came out soft. “I’m so glad you’re home, Justin.”

He looked up at her and smiled. “Me too, Bren. You have no idea.”



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki