Let Me Love You by chelsia


Number of reviews: 265
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Brenna looked up sharply as she heard the front door open and then let herself relax again. She still was trying to get used to the fact that people knew the codes to unlock the front door of the house. Pausing the video she was watching, she looked up as Kate appeared in the room.

“Hey,” Kate said. “Where is everyone?”

“They went grocery shopping.”

“All of them?”

“I think my mom wanted to do some sight seeing so Lynn and Justin were going to take her around the city.”

“Why didn’t you go?” Kate asked, sitting down on the couch.

Brenna shrugged. “I didn’t really feel like it.”

Kate looked to the TV. “What are you watching?”

“I found all these tapes about Justin. Interviews and music videos and stuff.”

“He has all that stuff taped? I didn’t know that.”

“I found like ten tapes underneath a whole bunch of other videos and DVD’s.” She hit play and the tape started again. “I had no idea he was so famous,” she said softly.

“What did he tell you?”

“He told me about NSYNC and his own cd’s and I figured he must be relatively famous because of how big the house is and everything. But this,” she gestured to the TV where a music video was playing. “It’s just overwhelming.”

“Yeah, it is,” Kate agreed. “I thought he would have told you about all of this.”

Brenna was quiet for a minute. “How much money does he have?”

“I don’t know any exact amount. He’s a multi millionaire though. And now with the movies, he’s making even more.”

“How many movies?”

“Two have been released and both did really well. He just finished another one a few months ago. I think he was looking over some scripts before the accident.”

“What about music?”

“He’s always writing. It’s been a year since his last cd came out so I think eventually he’ll be back recording.”

Brenna was silent again. This was all so much to take in. Her husband was a huge, famous Hollywood star with millions of dollars and so talented. And what was she? A small town girl who worked as a personal assistant to Justin’s manager.

“I was Justin’s assistant before, right?”

“Uh huh.”

“So why am I not anymore?”

“It was a mutual decision between you and Justin that it would work a lot better if you guys kept work and personal separate. And Johnny offered you the job at WEG at that point so I took over as Justin’s PA. You still do some of his PA stuff too. Just not all of it.”

Brenna nodded and looked back at the TV. “Does he always have so many half naked girls in his videos?”

Kate smiled a bit. “Always.”

“Oh.” Brenna kept watching the TV and she could feel Kate’s stare.

“Bren, it’s all for the media. He would never even look at another woman that way. You’ve got nothing to worry about.”

“I never had a problem with it before?”

“Not that you ever told me.”

Brenna nodded again and bit her lip as she watched an interview start.

“So…how have things been the past couple days? Have you remembered anything at all? Any flashbacks?”

“No. Everyone’s trying to get me to remember too. Over the past two days Justin and Lynn and my mom have told me so many things and shown me so many pictures that everything has just started to blur together.”

“So I guess I don’t need to ask how you’re liking having your mom and Lynn here.”

Brenna shook her head and pressed her lips together, trying to prevent any tears from welling up in her eyes.

“Do you want me to tell them to lay off a bit?”

Brenna slowly nodded. “Yeah.” She put the remote down. “I think I’m going to go lay down before they get back.”

“Sure.”

Getting up, Brenna left the room and went upstairs to the bedroom. She softly shut the door and then went over to sit on the bed. She wasn’t tired at all, but really just wanted to be alone. She moved her eyes around the room. She had really wanted a chance to be able to snoop through everything but there was always someone around. Justin hardly ever left her side.

Now that she was alone, she was able to take in everything around her. The décor of the room was really nice and she wondered if Justin had decorated it or if she had or if they had hired someone.

Looking over at the bedside table beside her, she stared at it for a moment before opening the top drawer. Inside there were a couple letters addressed to Justin. She frowned a bit and quickly glanced through the rest of the contents of the drawer, finding a couple of novels and a pair of glasses, which looked too big for her face. Pushing the drawer shut, she realized that this was Justin’s bedside table. She felt some embarrassment go through her as she realized she had been sleeping on his side of the bed for the past five nights. He had never said anything.

She stood up and went to the other side of the bed where a slightly more feminine bedside table was. She sat down on the bed by it and opened the top drawer. She found some hand lotion and lip balm and everything she would expect to find in it. In the other drawer, she found a small book, which looked to be a journal.

This could be useful, she thought as she pulled it out. She was about to open it and read it when she glanced back in the drawer. Reaching in, she pulled out the small bottles in it that had caught her eye and felt her cheeks heat up as she looked at them.

The chocolate body paint was still wrapped in plastic and unused she found in relief but the two bottoles of body massage oil were each half empty. She quickly put them items back in the drawer. It was so difficult getting used to the idea that this man was her husband. It was even harder to think about the fact that they had had sex and she didn’t even remember it. Justin hadn’t done anything to make her uncomfortable but when she found things like the oil, it just made her feel so awkward.

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, she quickly shut the drawer. There was a light knock on the door and she looked over just in time to see Justin open it and look inside.

“Oh, you’re awake,” he said, coming fully into the room. “Kate said you were sleeping.”

“I couldn’t fall asleep,” Brenna lied. She caught Justin eyeing the journal she still held but he didn’t comment on it. “Are you all back?”

“Yeah.” Justin went over to his dresser. “I spilt coffee down my shirt right after we left this morning and I’ve had to walk around with this stain on my shirt the whole time.”

Justin kept talking but Brenna became distracted as he pulled his shirt over his head and dropped it on the closet floor, leaving him in just his jeans. She had never seen him without a shirt on-that she remembered-and it was a little hard to concentrate on what he was saying while he was walking around half naked. Not that it was a bad view. His defined chest and abdominal muscles were enough to make her feel a bit flushed. How had she managed to get a guy this good looking?

Her thoughts were halted as Justin pulled a new shirt over his head, blocking his upper body from her eyes. She looked up to his face as he came over to the bed and sat down beside her, facing her.

“So Kate told us to stop bothering you with trying to get you to remember stuff,” he said softly.

She bit her bottom lip. “Yeah.”

“I’m sorry. I realize we’re all being a bit overbearing.”’

“It’s just…it’s not helping.”

“Okay. We’ll lay off.” He was quiet for a minute. “Kate said you were watching those video tapes.”

“Did you tape all that stuff?”

“No. My mom likes to tape stuff and then she sends it out.”

“You never told me it was all such a big deal.”

“It’d kind of hard to explain it all,” he shrugged. “It’s been like over ten years of my life so…”

She nodded. “Kate said you’ve done three movies.”

“Yeah. I have the first two here if you wanted to watch them. The third’s not released yet. Actually, the director called me this morning. He needs me to come and do some post production stuff.”

“When?”

“In a couple weeks. He knows about your accident and he’s put it off as long as he could but I’m gonna have to go back for a week or two.”

“Where?”

“Hawaii. And it’s okay for you to come too. I’d really rather if you did come.”

She nodded again. “Okay.”

“When I had to go out there a couple months ago, you came for a week. It was fun. The weather will be really nice this time of year too.”

There was knock on the half open door and Brenna looked over to see Lynn standing there.

“Elizabeth and I were thinking of going out for dinner tonight so you guys will be on your own.”

“Okay,” Justin said. “Is Kate gone?”

“No but I think she was on her way out.”

He stood up. “I have to talk to her about some stuff I need her to do. Are you staying up here, Bren?”

She nodded. “I’m going to try and sleep again.”

“Okay.”

She closed her eyes as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. Justin left the room and she heard him talking quietly with Lynn as he shut the door behind him. She sighed quietly and placed the journal back in the drawer, deciding to read it later when she had more energy. At that point, she actually was tired and after flipping off the light, she got into bed, this time on the correct side.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki