Adam & Eve...and the Pop Star by Jessica


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Adam sat in the waiting area of the seventh floor of the hospital. His long blonde hair was pulled back and he was in running pants and a Gold’s Gym t-shirt. He hated hospitals because it seemed like every time he came to one he had to leave parts of himself there. He had already left a blood and urine sample and was hoping that would be all. He reached beside himself to grab a magazine to ignore the stares of the other people in the waiting room. People always stared. He opened his magazine and looked down to see an article on the glass houses in the Midwest. Adam frowned and closed the magazine to see the front cover. Ladies Home Journal. He rolled his eyes and set it back down.

He glanced around the room, trying to find something to focus on that didn’t involve eye contact when he heard, “Adam Copeland.” Adam raised a hand as he stood and followed the nurse down a maze of halls and through the door she held open for him.

“Thanks.”

When Jada saw the door open, she stood and extended her hand. Adam took it. “Hello Mr. Edge. I’m Jada Norris, your personal trainer and nutritionist for the next six months. This is Dr. Katz. He will be helping us out today with all the preliminary workups.”

Adam nodded towards the doctor. “Adam Copeland, please.”

Jada looked Adam up and down. “You’re much taller than I was expecting.”

Adam smiled. “6’5”, 240.”

Jada looked at Adam’s waistline then back up at his face. “Maybe when I’m through with you. 5’5”, 130 and ready to get you whipped into shape.” Adam smiled. “I want to get you back into that ring and wrestling better than ever faster than everyone thinks is possible.”

Adam nodded. “I want that too and I’ll do whatever you think is right to get that done.”

“Great.” Jada pointed towards the doctor. “The first step is to find out where your body is at at this moment. Today we will be finding out your body fat percentage, your BMI, running blood work and a urinalysis and the lovely stress test to see how hard I can push you in the beginning.”

Dr. Katz said, “Mr. Copeland, if you don’t mind removing your shirt, we can get started.” Adam obliged. Jada sat in an empty chair in the corner and watched while the stress test was given.

After all the electrodes had been removed and every part of Adam’s body had been pinched or poked, Jada stood and addressed him. “The hard part of today is over. How about I meet you at your house in an hour to go over test results and look through your kitchen cabinets?”

“Sounds good.” Adam nodded. He then reached in his pocket and pulled out a key. “I figured you would need this. You can park in the driveway and that gets you in the front door for anytime I’m asleep or not home and you need in or anything else. I have a dog, so I hope you don’t get scared or anything.”

Jada took the key and placed it in her pocket. “Thank you. No, dogs don’t bother me at all.”

“Great.” Adam smiled. “Is it against the rules to pick up something for lunch?”

Jada laughed. “The rules haven’t been made yet. Enjoy your last day of eating anything you want.”

“Will do.” Adam shook the doctor’s hand and then headed down to his car. Jada took all the test results then got in her car and drove to Subway to get lunch and review the results.
==============================================================================
Jada pulled up to a decent sized home and parked her silver BMW Roadster in the driveway then walked up to the front door. She pushed the doorbell and was almost instantly greeted by Adam and a yellow lab.

“Get back boy.” Adam said as he opened the front door. “Come on in.” Adam stepped to the side to let Jada in.

Jada walked into the foyer and extended the backside of her hand to the dog. “Hi there handsome. And what’s your name?”

“Luger.” Adam answered as the dog sniffed the hand then rubbed up against it.

Jada started petting his head. “Well hello Luger. Maybe we can fit you into our workout so you can get in shape too.” Jada looked up at Adam. “How was your lunch, Mr. Copeland?”

“Adam.” He said as he led Jada to the living room. “It was wonderful. I get the feeling I’m going to miss Taco Bell.”

Jada nodded. “We’ll have to add that to the reward list. You ready to dig into this?” Adam nodded. “After looking through all your test results everything looked really good. You’re currently at 270 pounds with seventeen percent body fat. It looks like you body should be able to handle five two hour workouts a week and we’ll increase every 20 workouts. I want to focus on back, shoulder, and neck strength so you’ll be able to handle all your bumps again. We’ll be doing cardio, muscular training and Pilates for flexibility. And that is on top of the drastic nutrition changes that will occur as soon as I walk into your kitchen.”

Adam let out a sigh. “This is going to suck, isn’t it?”

Jada nodded. “Only in the beginning. You’ll get used to it. And like I said a moment ago, I’m going to set up a reward system that lets you eat or do things that are typically outlawed. I don’t believe anything should be completely outlawed, just moderated. Now, before we hit the kitchen, do you have any allergies or items you totally refuse to eat?”

Adam smiled. “I’m allergic to cats, but as long as you don’t feed one to me, I’m not picky about anything.”

Jada smiled as she stood. “Well, that will change a few of the recipes I had planned but I think we’ll work it out somehow.” Adam laughed. “To the kitchen.”

Adam lead Jada to the kitchen. “Cabinets, fridge, pantry. Hopefully you’ll leave me some food.”

Jada opened the refrigerator and began to pull items out. “Probably not. Just so you know what’s okay and what’s getting changed,” Jada said as she placed more items on the bar in the kitchen. “Pretty much any item that you knew wasn’t good when you bought it is gone. No more red meat. Only chicken and seafood. Every once in a while pork.”

“Ugh. No steak.” Adam whined as he looked at all the food she had already removed from the fridge and was now removing from the freezer.

“Red meat next to never. We’re not cutting out your carbs. Pasta and bread are all still great. Your body needs those, just no overload. Lots of vegetable and fruits and water. Soft drinks and liquor are out.”

“I don’t really drink.”

Jada shut the freezer door. “Smoke?”

“No.” Adam shook his head.

Jada patted him on the shoulder as she walked towards the pantry. “You’re a better man that I.” She opened the pantry doors to see very little food in it. She started to rummage through the few items in it. “No more sugar. Everything will be sugar free or you will use Splenda instead. Coffee will be drastically reduced and relegated to certain time periods of the day. You will start taking a men’s one-a-day vitamin.” Jada quickly opened and closed all the kitchen cabinets. “Why did you tell me to look in the cabinets if there’s no food in them?”

Adam shrugged. “I wasn’t sure if there was on not.” Adam looked at the huge pile of food on his bar. “So, what do we do with all this?”

Jada pulled out a notebook and pen from one of Adam’s cabinets. “Most we throw away. The stuff that stays goes on a reward list and in a section of the house that’s the farthest away from the kitchen.” Adam nodded and pulled out the trashcan. Jada separated out the food, throwing away things like mayonnaise and whole milk and pushing chips and cookies to the side. “Do you have a place for these items?” Jada asked once the sort was finished.

Adam nodded. “The closet in the guest bedroom. I never go in there. Plus there’s boxes in there that I can store it all in.”

Jada smiled and nodded. “Good. Next we need to look at the exercise equipment you have here so I can plan workouts.”

“How about I give you a tour of the whole house.” Adam suggested as he grabbed up most of the food.

Jada got the few items Adam couldn’t hold. “Wonderful. I can pick out which room will be mine.” Jada joked. Adam showed Jada around and once he stashed the reward food, he and Jada sat on the back patio watching Luger chase a ball Adam had thrown. “Our next step is to go grocery shopping so you’ve got something to eat tonight and talk about meals. I’ll go home tonight and plan out your workouts so I can present them to you and start working tomorrow. The only thing I haven’t brought up yet is the mental part of the package.” Adam looked at Jada questioningly. “I don’t know how much wrestling you watch right now, but every Monday, Thursday and Sunday we’ll both be watching and taking notes. You don’t know which show they’ll put you on or who they’ll pair you up against. You need to be at the top of your personal game and know the ins and outs of everyone else. Plus, when we get to ring training that will have us focused.”

“I assume we’ll need to do that together.” Adam said as he threw the ball again.

“That’s up to you. I’d prefer it since I don’t know the names of all the moves or the story behind all the guys. And if nothing else, personally I’d like to share that experience with you. I don’t really get to watch the show with someone who’s a fan of the sport. It will be nice to not have to watch it on mute.”

Adam smiled and patted Luger’s head as he dropped the ball at Adam’s feet. “Then, it’s a tri-weekly date. Now, let’s go get this grocery shopping done so I can see what non-beef dinner I get to enjoy tonight.”

Jada laughed. “You drive? I drive?”

“I’ll drive.” Jada nodded and the pair gathered their things to go to the store.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki