Adam & Eve...and the Pop Star by Jessica


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Judy Copeland sat down in her son’s living room while he placed her bags in his guest bedroom. She was a petite woman, over a foot shorter than her son with the same green eyes and blonde hair. She glanced around his living room noticing the emptiness of the space. “Your Christmas tree looks nice honey.” Judy loudly said through the house.

Adam walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch next to his mother. “Thanks. Jada helped me put it up after Thanksgiving.”

Judy glanced around the room again. “And it looks like you haven’t redecorated since Alannah left. How’s everything going with that?”

Adam let out a sigh. “Things are in the works. It just takes a while for the divorce to be finalized.” Adam looked around his living room. “Things are looking a little bare. I may see if Jada wants to help me fill this place back up. Nothing like a woman’s input.”

Judy patted her son’s knee. “How are things going with her? We didn’t get to talk much during the holiday. How are you feeling?”

“I feel great.” Adam smiled. “Jada works me hard though. The morning jogs are a piece of cake now but the afternoons get tougher and tougher. And last Friday we did a strip aerobics class. They teach you how to do a lap dance and use the polls all while targeting your abs and things. I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life. I was the only guy there.”

“Sounds like fun.” Judy joked.

“Ugh. But I will have to say Jada is an amazing cook. We watch the show together every Sunday, Monday and Thursday. She cooks those nights and it’s so good. She puts things together I would never dream of and makes them taste amazing.”

“Does that mean she’ll be cooking for us tomorrow night?” Judy asked.

Adam shook his head. “She wanted us to have some quality time together so she said she would watch Heat at her place. You’ll get to meet her on Monday. She’s really amazing. You’ll love her. She’s got a big family and they’re all real sporty. She’s a blast to watch the shows with. She loves the technical stuff but gets really into the drama of it all. You should watch her cheer Chris or Jay on. I get a kick out of just watching her. She even flinches at the big bumps.”

Judy slyly smiled up at her son. “Sounds like you’ve got a bit of a crush.”

“Mom!” Adam protested. “I’m in the middle of a divorce and she’s in a committed relationship.”

“Love doesn’t care about the obstacles.”

“Mother! I’m not her type anyway. She’s dating one of those boy band guys. And anyway, I’m one of her clients. She’s too professional for that.”

“Love doesn’t care about the obstacles.” Judy repeated.

Adam sat back and just looked at his mother as thoughts raced through his head. He let out a sigh. “She has said she’s not happy in her relationship…and we do get along really well…and she is my type…but there’s no way.”

“Love doesn’t care…”

Adam interrupted. “I know. I know.”

Judy patted her son’s knee again. “Just don’t rule anything out. You two may have been brought together for a reason bigger than just your rehabilitation.” Adam leaned back into the couch as he sighed and nodded. Judy added, “You should call her up and invite her over for dinner tonight. Let me cook for you guys. I may not be as good a cook, but you survived on my cooking.”

“Barely.” Adam joked.

Judy smacked her son’s leg. “Call her. Tell her to come right on over.” Judy passed the cordless phone on the end table to Adam.

He took the phone but shook his head. “I don’t know mom.”

“Call her.” Judy said before she stood up and started walking towards the kitchen. “I’m going to figure out what I’m going to cook.” Adam shook his head as he watched his mother leave the room. He knew he never had to wonder where he got his stubborn streak.

Adam dialed Jada’s apartment number and was surprised when Jada picked up after the first ring. “What? You think since I don’t have caller id on this phone I don’t know it’s you. Fuck off!”

“Jada?”

“Adam?” Jada’s tone softened. “I’m so sorry. I thought…” Jada took a deep breath. “What can I help you with?”

“Uh,” Adam hesitated. “I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

Jada let out a sigh. “You didn’t. I’m actually glad it was you instead of…Let’s just say I’m glad I didn’t fly to LA this weekend. There’s something wonderful about the power to hang up a phone in the middle of a pointless argument.”

“What was it about this time?” Adam switched the phone to his other ear.

“I turned down a job offer in LA for next month because I’d still be here working with you. Lance wants me to pass you off to someone else and ‘come back home.’” Jada said in a stupid southern accent. “He also decided to put some of my stuff in storage so his gay personal assistant could move in. He doesn’t even need a personal assistant right now. He parties all night and sleeps all day. What does Jesse need to help him do? Masturbate?”

“I’m sorry Jada. Why don’t you escape and come have dinner with my mom and me. She really wants to meet you and she’s already started cooking for three.” When Jada didn’t respond Adam added. “It would be a good way for you to avoid your phone for a while and have someone else cook for you. Mom’s a really good cook.” Adam paused. “What do you say?”

Jada let out a sigh. “I’ll see you in twenty.”

Adam then heard her hang up. He replaced his phone on the cradle and walked in the kitchen. “Dinner for three, mom.” Judy smiled and nodded.

Exactly twenty minutes later Adam heard his front door open. He could hear Jada talking to Luger as she walked into the kitchen. “Hey.” She weakly smiled at Adam.

Adam stood up and hugged Jada. “I’m glad you came.” He whispered. Jada nodded. When Adam released her, he motioned towards his mother. “Jada, this is my mother, Judy Copeland. Mom, Jada Norris.”

Jada extended her hand. “It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Copeland.”

“It’s Judy dear.” She said as she shook Jada’s hand then returned to her cooking. “I don’t know what’s okay for Adam’s diet, but I figured if I found it in the kitchen it was fair game for dinner.”

Jada nodded and sat on a bar stool next to Adam. “Whatever you want to make is fine. We’re allowed to cheat every once in a while anyway.”

Adam turned his attention to Jada. “So, is everything okay?”

Jada rolled her eyes. “I think I’m about to hit my breaking point. He keeps making accusations and pointing fingers and I’m just getting tired of trying to defend myself.” Jada ran her hands through her hair. “And I just don’t think he has any right to complain about my job. I’m spending six months in the same town and am willing to do the commute, but he’s not willing to move or deal with the time apart. He’s not working on anything and has no commitments right now but I’m the one who’s supposed to quit my job and move back.” Adam began to rub Jada’s back with a flat hand as he listened. “I’m so sorry Judy to be so complainy.”

Judy smiled at Jada. “Don’t worry about it. My Adam’s always been a good listener. He’s a great one to talk to about anything.”

Jada smiled as she looked up at Adam and patted his knee. “That he is.”

Judy looked over at the pair and smiled at the sight she was witnessing between them. She though, ‘Love doesn’t care about the obstacles.’


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki