The Chokin' Kind by LadyCMac


Number of reviews: 5
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Secrets in Hotels

I looked up when someone knocked on my hotel room door and let out a loud groan. It was probably Kevin. He probably forgot his key on his rush to get away from me.

It’s not my fault pregnant women don’t want to give out. I stood and walked over to the door, mildly surprised and much happier to see the person standing there. “Hey, Jace,” I said, stepping into his open arms.

In the “divorce” as the members of NSync called it, JC had promised that he wouldn’t hate me like Joey and Chris did. Lance was undecided and stayed away from both myself and Justin. JC was with me though. “Hey, Bit. How’re you doing today?” I moved aside and let him into the room.

“I’m fine,” I said, sighing again as I rubbed my stomach. “I don’t think I like Kevin anymore,” I announced.

JC shook his head and led me to the seating area in our room. “I talked to Justin.” He was brilliant at changing the subject.

And this one, I was definitely interested in. “Really? How’s he doing?”

He shrugged. “We’ll find out in a couple of minutes.” He rewarded my curious look with an answer. “I saw your mom approaching his truck outside as I came in. She’s bound to make him come in.”

Now, I rolled my eyes. “My mother, the lonely crusade for my relationship with Justin.” I crossed my legs and my arms over my growing chest. “Why is she so pressed over getting me and Justin back together?”

“She misses you two together. Everyone does. You’ve changed so much since Justin, sweetie.”

I shrugged. “Well, I mean, you can’t exactly expect me to stay the same, can you? People have to grown, Jace.”

“Yeah and you’ve grown right into a chain smoker who throws milkshakes at paparazzi.”

Harsh. But he had a point. It seemed as if I had changed more than Justin. “It doesn’t matter,” I said, shaking the thought out of my mind, “this is my life now. There’s nothing anyone can do about it.”

Another knock sounded at the door and JC gave me an unhappy look before he stood to get it. I understood his concern, really I did. He missed the old me. And frankly, I missed the old me too. But I didn’t know how to get back there. I was jolted back to reality when I heard Justin’s voice, still protesting my mother making him come up to see me. I pulled my legs to my chest and blew a breath out, making the stray hairs from my messy bun leave my face momentarily.

He came into the room with the infamous pout on his face. “Oh, get the fuck over it,” JC told him, punching his shoulder. When Justin made sure he sat as far away from me as possible, I started to get nervous. What did my mom have up her sleeve.

The four of us sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I noticed Justin and JC start to get a little restless. I rolled my eyes, they could never sit still. “So, Mom,” I started desperate for some noise in the large hotel room, “how’s JL’s filming coming along?” I was so proud of her getting a show where she was the main character and excited that she was filming in Los Angeles.

“She’s good. She refuses to come see you unless she can be promised that Kevin won’t be here.”

The pout left Justin’s mouth and a snicker was released. I glared at him. “Jamie-Lynn doesn’t like Kevin?” he asked, a tone of amusement soaking each word.

Mom turned to him, a similar look on her face. “The only person in our family who does is Britney.”

I looked at her, appalled. “WHAT?!” I stood, only to have height leverage over the other three. I was the shortest out of the four people sitting in my room. “None of you like him? Why did you let me marry him?”

“Why do you need me to let you do anything, Brit. I have no control over you anymore. If I had control over you, I would have not let you cheat on Justin.”

This was news to Britney. All this time, her mother had pretended to like Kevin and now she was saying if she could have her way, Britney would still be with Justin. “Well, maybe I should get divorced from Kevin and marry Justin.”

The hopeful look on Justin’s face was too much for me. I spun on him. “Ok, you need to leave because if you don’t, you’re going to hear too much. You’re going to hear that the biggest mistake of my life was cheating on you. So, you need to just leave.”

I knew that he was shocked. I had made a lot of mistakes in my life, so to claim the biggest one had something to do with the outcome of our relationship was a shocker. “Um, ok,” he said, his voice thick from not speaking. He stood and left the hotel room.

That’s when I broke into tears. JC looked at me and then my mom and signaled that he would leave. She nodded. After JC had closed the door behind him, my mom came over to me and wrapped her arms around me. “Pregnancy makes people emotional,” she whispered in my ear.

I already knew that. “I don’t want to be married anymore,” I whined, “especially not to Kevin. He’s obviously cheating on me and there’s nothing I can do about it because then I’ll look like a hypocrite. I cheated on Justin and now I’m getting cheated on and I’m crying divorce.” I swallowed hard. “I don’t know what to do.”

She placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. “We’ll figure it out. Come on, Brit, don’t cry. You’ll get through this.”

That morning, everything was fine. I had been in a normal relationship with me husband. And now, there were second guesses surrounding me.

And more than anything, I wanted Justin back.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki