Almost Lost by Taccora


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


ALMOST LOST
Chapter 3


Tuesday came quickly and Ebony didn’t have to go to the gym today so she got an extra hour of sleep. After her shower she put on a short blue Abercrombie & Fitch denim skirt, a white short sleeved Ambercrombie & Fitch t-shirt that said 'Take a picture it'll last longer', and she a pair of blue Abercrombie flip flops. After she ate her Apple Jacks she jumped in her Expedition and headed towards school. She went to open my locker when she smelled a familiar sent coming from my left. She smiled and said, “Why are you stalking me?”



I heard a giggle and his reply was, “You’re so fine I can’t resist.” We laughed at his comment for a minute and then he said, “You’re coming over tonight to watch the game right?”

“Yeah I’ll come. I haven’t seen Aunty Lynn in a while. When did she come back anyway?” I asked as I got my notebook out of my locker.

“She came home Saturday. Jon was so happy and I knew my mom was happy to see Steven. You want to go to the beach Saturday? I think Josh said that he was inviting Kim to come.” He replied.

“Yeah you know I’m game. Look I got to go to class and you have failed to go to your locker so I’ll see you at lunch.” I was in Ms. Jones’s English class. She told us that we had to write an essay about what we think of rap music today and what influence it has on teens. I had gym that day so after my two academic classes. In gym we exercised for 15 minutes to stretch our muscles and then we had to run track. Kim was the best track runner so she was really into it because she was also on the track team. She has won a lot of medals, which made our school a sport powerhouse.

When lunch came around I was very tired and very hungry. While I was eating pizza at my regular table Josh came up. He waved at me and sat in front of Kim. “Kim you’re still coming to beach with me Saturday right?” He asked.

“Yeah but who’s coming?” I asked.

“Ebony, Justin, Shawn (a boy on the b-ball team), Tori (Shawn’s girlfriend), me and you.” He said.

“Okay. I’m coming. You’re picking me up right?” She asked as a blush started to form on her face.

“Yeah.” He replied. He winked and went back to his table.

“So are you and JC going to hook up Saturday?” I asked with a smirk.

“I think the question that should be asked is if you and Justin are going to hook up Saturday.” She said with a smirk.

“How many times do I have to tell you people? Justin and I are just friends I…” She said as the ring of her phone interrupted her. She took her phone out of her purse and answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey Ebony!” The person answered cheerfully.

“Brit? Hey girl! What are you doing?” I asked my long time friend.

“I’m fine. I’m sorry to call you on such short notice but look. I’m on a plane and I’m coming to visit you and Justin. Lynn said I could stay with her and I wanted to know if you and Justin can pick me up?” Britney asked.

“I’ll pick you up and I think Justin will too if he doesn’t have practice. Oh I almost forgot. Justin is having some friends over tonight to watch the b-ball game so I hope you know that a lot of guys are coming. I think Lance is going to be there too. I know you have a thing for him.” I said.

“Girl you have to stay over tonight. We’ll have a little sleep over at Lynn’s and you inform me of all the happenings that I’ve missed doing appearances.” She said.

“Bet. When does your flight come in?” I asked.

“It comes in around three. Is that good for you?” She asked.

“Yeah girl. You know that we get out of school at 1:55.” I said.

“See you later bye.” She said.

“Bye Brit.”

After I hung up I got up and went over to Justin’s table. As I got closer some of the guys on the b-ball team noticed me and said, “Ooh Justin here comes your girl.”

“Shut up!” Justin said as I rolled my eyes at Shawn.

“Anyways. Justin do you have practice this afternoon?” I asked.

“No why?” He asked.

“Brit called me and she’s coming down here today. She should be here around three and she said she wanted us to pick her up.” I said.

“Okay, where’s she staying?” he asked.

“She said that Aunt Lynn said she can stay with y’all. Oh I forgot to tell you but Brit asked me to stay with her tonight so you’ll have another guest.” I said.

“Why does she want you to stay with her?” He asked curiously.

“You know that since tonight is the night for the game he’s going to be there and she hasn’t told him how she feels yet.” I said.

“Oops I forgot all about that. Well I hope she tells him because I know he likes her too.” He said.

The bell rang signaling that lunch was over. “Well I’ll see you at the airport. Bye J.” I said.

“Bye Ebony.” He said as he gathered his stuff and left the table.

The last class of the day went by quickly as usual and Ebony headed home. She went down in the basement and turned on the treadmill her mother bought her the year before. She liked to work out because she had to stay fit for the team and she enjoyed working out. Most people hated it but it was a way for her to get rid of stress. After 45 minutes on the treadmill she decided to take a shower. Since she was going to be spending the night with a bunch of guys huddled around a television watching a b-ball game she decided to put on a black sleeveless Baby Phat shirt, a pair of tan Baby Phat sweat pants, a pair of black Guess sneakers before putting her hair in a high pony tail. She gathered her medium sized black backpack (you know the big purse type) and put in her pajamas, toothbrush, shampoo, under garments, and clothes for tomorrow.

After I finished getting my stuff together I noticed it was almost time for me and Justin to pick up Britney so I called him and told him to come over to my house so we could go to the airport. We decided to take my jeep because my jeep was bigger than his convertible and knowing Britney she was going to bring a lot of luggage for her one-week visit. As soon as I got my keys and put my backpack on the bell rang. I knew it was Justin so I just opened the door and headed out the door. I pressed the button on my key chain, which took the alarm off my jeep and unlocked the door. As we drove I turned the radio on and Ludicrous’ song ‘What’s Your Fantasy’ came on. We were just chilling when I felt Justin’s eyes on me. I started to get uncomfortable so I said, “What?”

“Nothing.” He said and I knew there was a smirk on his face.

“Are you going to chill with me and Britney tonight?” I asked.

“Maybe, I don’t know. I might be a little preoccupied with the ladies if you know what I mean.” He said.

“You know what? I think you’re too cute for your own good.” I said.

“Oh so I’m cute now?” He asked with a self-centered grin.

“Oh Please! You know you’re cute and you let people know it but I give you credit for not acting conceited.

“Whatever. You know you want this body!” He said.

“Boy Please! You know you want this body.” I said.

With that we looked at each other and started laughing. We finally made it to the airport. We found Brit’s gate quickly and as soon as we walked to the chairs in the waiting area the plane started to let the passenger’s exit. Britney was the last one to get off the plane but she saw us and immediately came over to us. She gave us a hug and gave Justin a kiss on the cheek. She had on a pair of comfort fitting jeans, black sneakers, and a multicolored earth toned tube top. She didn’t have on make-up. She rarely wore make-up unless she was on stage or doing an appearance. A lot of people didn’t know this but when Britney wasn’t performing or intentionally in the public eye she wore mostly casual clothes unless we went out to a club. She didn’t even wear make-up when she was on vacation. The most she wore was lip-gloss.


“Hey girl. It’s good to see you. I haven’t seen you in months. We have a lot of catching up to do.” She said as we walked to my jeep.

“I know. We need to go because the b-ball party is going to start soon and we can’t have Justin miss his precious party.” Ebony said in mock sympathy.

Justin sneered as Britney and Ebony made fun of him. They made it to Justin’s house in just enough time for Britney to get settled. She freshened up a little bit before everyone started to show up. While I helped Lynn in the kitchen Justin went into the large living room and turned on their big screen television to the channel the game would be on. After Britney finished freshening up she came in the kitchen and helped me and Lynn out. We had every potato chip, soda, chicken, and sandwich there was. All of a sudden the bell started to ring and everyone started filing in. As soon as Lance came in Britney got in flirt mode. She was so different than what everyone perceived her to be. They all thought that she would end up falling for someone like Justin but in all reality she liked the plain and simple kind of guy. Lance was a laid back type of guy. Granted he did tell jokes and he was a cutie but he wasn’t the captain of any of the sports teams. He wasn’t the most or even relatively popular guy but since he was cool, funny, smart, and Justin knew him he was accepted. A lot of people didn’t really know this but Lance had a great body and in all actuality he was one of the cutest guys at the school but since he didn’t play sports a lot of people didn’t even give him a second look but things were going to change. Ms. Spears came in town and she had her eye on Mr. Bass and she was determined to get him. She has been crushing on him for the longest time and she was going to finally let him know.

The party went well and we were all into the game, well most of us were. Britney was having a quiet conversation with Lance. They seemed to be hitting it off and I was happy for her. She deserved to have someone in her life. I thought it was a shame how the media dissected her life and I was happy to see one of my best friends finally find someone they could be with. I would try and find Justin someone but he was too stubborn in his ways and I was not trying to pressure him into anything because I didn’t have a man either. It wasn’t as if I couldn’t get anyone but I just wasn’t interested in any of the guys at school. A lot of the guys at James River were either too into sports or too into sex and that just wasn’t where I was at right now. I’m not into getting into a relationship if I’m not really feeling that person. Why should I date you because we have the same status or because people say we should? Why should I date a guy if I know all they want from me is sex? That would just be stupid on my part as a female. Why should I degrade myself like that when I could find someone who could treat me like I deserve to be treated?

I noticed William was staring at me most of the night. William was the star quarterback of the school’s football team. He had a six-pack to die for and he knew how to dress. He was a little conceited but all in all he was a real nice guy. Even though William, Will for short, was a cute guy I just didn’t see myself with him. He looked like he would be more of Kelly’s type than mine. He’s the type of guy that’s nice to his friends and people in his status but if they’re not they don’t even receive a hello from him. I used to think that it didn’t matter how the guy treated every one else as long as they treated me right but you never know because they might start out treating you good and then change as the relationship develops and before you know it, there’s false rumors going around school about your relationship and how much of a slut you are when in reality you’re the total opposite. No one would believe you though cause they figure he’s a guy what does he have to lie for. But why should my reputation get messed up because I wouldn’t have sex with a guy. Some people say I think too much before I act but I say I’m just being responsible because if I have sex with a guy I really don’t like then I’m giving away something that I can never get back.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki