That Girl by hothoney111


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +



That Girl


He was a boy

She was a girl

Can I make it any more obvious?



Hi. My name's Meredith, usually I just go by Meri for short. I have to admit that I've never been happier over this past year and a half. I met this wonderful man, but he had such a sad story to tell. Now that I've been with him for so long, I just can't seem to forget it. It all just started with this boy and this girl...


He wanted her

She'd never tell

Secretly she wanted him as well


But all of their friends

Stuck up their nose

And they had a problem with his baggy clothes



OK. So this boy fell head over heels for this girl back in high school. I mean, really fell. He'd do practically anything for her. He was always watching her just for the sake of watching and offering her his time, care, and an ear to talk to. She used all of these wonderful gifts he gave her, but never let anything come out of it. She completely led him on to believe that something more was possible between them. Her friends thought he was too different so she simply followed suit and turned him down every time he asked her out on an official date. Typical, I tell you. High school girls can be so petty. The thing about it was - she actually liked him back!! Why she couldn't just stand up for herself in front of her friends and go out with him, I'll never know.

I just don't understand. This boy was so great to her and this girl just let it all pass her by. She ignored him so she wouldn't be socially shunned by her 'in crowd' friends. I'm appalled by her 'sheeplike' behavior. He just wasn't good enough for her or her friends. *shakes her head* It's so sad.


5 years from now

She sits at home

Feeding the baby, she's all alone


She turns on TV

Guess who she sees?

That boy rockin' up MTV



Alright. So this girl completely denies this boy, right? Well, a few years later, he made it big overseas in this musical group. I mean, REALLY big. Then, when their music finally reaches the states, it totally blows up here too. It was a completely amazing run that showed no signs of slowing down.

This girl, of course, after being that ultra popular high school girl cliche, has had a wasteful life and doesn't go anywhere or do anything remotely ambitious. She becomes a single mother young in life and began to suffer hard times because she never made it to college. She finds out about him and this now exploding musical group because he is now one of five gorgeous men gracing the MTV channel and tons of magazine covers.


She calls all her friends

They already know

And they've all got tickets to see his show


She tags along

Stands in the crowd

Looks up at the man she turned down



So what do you think that girl does? Well, she calls her friends who she still hasn't grown out of and finds out that they already heard about his successes. They even got tickets to a show they'd be having around there soon.

Her friends got her a ticket too, since they can't do anything by themselves. So this girl actually goes and watches him perform for the first time. She had always known he could sing and perform, but she never actually took the time to go watch him in the past. She always ignored him, snubbed him, or pushed him and his invitations away. She obviously enjoys the show immensely and can't believe what she sees in front of her and what she was missing.

This girl finally realizes her mistake and wishes she could still talk to that boy from high school one more time. She looks back and sees how all of her decisions were based on pure bullshit, and she let this boy go when she really did care for him.

She manages to make her way backstage using her good looks and girly charm. Yes, they still hadn't faded... She even has the audacity to approach this boy, this boy that she couldn't ignore fast enough in high school. This boy, however, had wised up over the years and was now finally onto her games. She only wanted him now that he was famous and her friends finally approved of him. He turned her down flat, and she finally got to experience what it was like to be shot down.

That girl had no more control over him. He was officially free from her hold.


Sorry girl, but you missed out

Well, tough luck- that boy's mine now

We are more than just good friends

This is how the story ends


Too bad that you couldn't see,

See the man that boy could be

There is more that meets the eye

I see the soul that is inside



Now you see, that all happened a little before I met him. I'm also in the music business, but on the solo end. We met at some after party and got to talking. I couldn't get over how interesting he was and how we just happened to click with one another. It's not like his good looks hurt him at all either, but in dealing with fame, it's what's on the inside that counts. Anyone can be made beautiful, and we all know that fact. Beauty on the inside is what's rare and special. He had that, and I cherished it.

We exchanged numbers and continued to talk and hang out whenever possible. Things eventually escalated into a budding relationship, and we were more than OK with that. Everything just seemed to fall into place.

That's about when he told me this story about this girl he used to know. He had been extremely hurt by her and didn't want to go through that again. He wanted us to work out in the end. I was appalled by the stupidity shown by that girl. How could someone do that to him? This boy? This MAN? I mean, he was a rare find and had so much love to give. I told him that I never wanted to hurt him, and this relationship was something I held close to my heart as well. I couldn't help beginning to fall for him anyway. This man had a soul that was so deep, and any girl should be proud to be included in his life, future, and dreams.


He's just a boy

I'm just a girl

Can I make it any more obvious?


We are in love

Haven't you heard

How we rock each other's world



I've completely fallen for the man that boy has become. I'm just a simple girl, and he's just a simple boy. What more do we need? When he told me he loved me, it floored me. I was just so happy. Like I've said before, I've truly never been happier - everything just keeps getting better and better.

That girl has had to have heard of us and our loving relationship. I mean, I've had to call him more than a few times over pictures plastered all over the tabloids of the two of us. Privacy is a 'being famous no-no.' I can't help being a little glad he found someone like me to love. I know I can treat him right, and I wouldn't trust his heart with anyone else. Who woulda thought Meri, the punk princess, would snag one of America's ultimate popstars? *sighs*


I'll be at a studio

Singin' this song we wrote

About a girl you used to know



Yeah, so I'm sitting here in the studio writing in this new journal and waiting for that boy to come through the door to help record and produce my next song. We actually wrote it together. It's all about that girl I just told you about. I bet that's why I can't seem to let go of that story or that girl.

I guess it really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things. This girl will know she's completely out of his life when the song comes out to the public. She'll know of our love and maybe she'll finally learn something from the simplicity of it. Love isn't something that needs approval.

Oh, he's here now. *smiles that stupid in love smile* Time for me to go and sing. And, of course, give that boy a big kiss... ;)


**Compliments to Avril Lavigne for the music in this story. And yes, I know I changed a lyric to fit the story...**


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki