Hit The Road by MickeyMouseEars


Number of reviews: 9
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these guys and I certainly don’t know them. And I’m not receiving any money for the fic… damn.

It’s my first fic so the criticism is accepted and wanted. I can’t get better if you guys don’t point things out that I need to work on.

.-.-.

JC opened the doors to his house, sighing as he set down his road bags in the hot foyer, his blue eyes moving to take in the stairs to the right, the living room that was straight ahead of him and the kitchen, off to his left. It was obvious that no one had lived in this house for a few months; since the beginning of spring, no one had. It was now late August and the heat hung in the air, stifling everything that dared disturb it.

Turning towards the kitchen, JC automatically turned on the air and then left his bags there, standing in the door way, turning around and almost slamming the door behind him.

The memories of the fights still haunted him, almost seeming to come alive as his eyes scanned over each object. Going to the garage, he opened it with the travel opener and smiled as he laid eyes upon the only thing he had loved since his mother had died. His Lexus SUV, the Gx 470. It had cost him a minor fortune, but he was able to afford it and all because of the fans. He smiled in silent thanks and his feet carried him to the Driver’s side, a sigh escaping his lips as he settled into the comfortable seats that he had had lamb’s wool installed on, the softness tickling his bare skin on his arms.

Turning over the engine, he cracked a window before he felt the cold air burst from the vents and started on his way, driving.

He didn’t know exactly where he was going, but it didn’t matter. He had the months proceeding months off, until February that is. Truth is, he wasn’t really living when he wasn’t on tour. He constantly wanted that adrenaline rush of a fifteen hundred crowd of mostly girls screaming out your name and sending out energy that would knock an iron giant to the ground. Growing closer with the guys over the years, JC had earned a nickname that they would only use when they grouped around in a circle before a show to pray.

“And Lord, please give our Adrenaline Junkie his pick-me-up. He’s been quite cranky lately and we prefer the nice JC. Amen.” Justin would always put in after they had been on the road a while. It had only been a few days, but seemed like an eternity to JC.

Smiling at the memory, he turned onto the highway, relaxing as he leaned his head back on the head rest and let his hands drop so that one was limp, laying on his thigh and the other at the bottom of the steering wheel.

His head rose up as he saw a person on the side of the road, walking backwards, thumbing their way for a ride. Passing the girl, he sighed at the nice person he was and pulled over, the girl running to the passenger side. He rolled down the window.

“Say, you wanna give a lonely girl a ride?” she asked as soon as she saw who it was. Being around his age and matured quite a bit in her short time on Earth, she knew he wouldn’t want a huge scene. Although, there wasn’t many people who would see it, seeing as how the highway was mostly deserted nowadays, since the freeway was put in and somehow, the entire San Mateo Valley residents thinks that’s faster. And she really wasn’t looking to embarrass herself today. She had done that enough already throughout her life.

He smiled, “Sure. Where are you planning on going?” he asked as she first opened the backseat door and placed a suitcase behind her seat before opening the passenger side door and braced herself, almost having to jump to get inside the car. He held out a hand to help her.

She smiled, “Thanks JC.” She sat down and closed the door, rolling up the window and breathing a sigh of relief.

Opening her knapsack as they started, she pulled out a baggie of wet towels and motioned to the mirror on the back of the visor, “Mind if I use it?”

He looked to what she was referring to and shook his head, “No, go ahead.”

“Thanks,” she responded, gratefully as she began to wash her dirt-caked face, “so, what are you doin’ out here anyway? I thought you’d be off… making stacks of cash and getting your toes licked by beautiful, scantly-clad women.” She continued to wash away the dirt and grime and looked over at him.

He grinned. God, how it had felt like he hadn’t smiled a true smile since April. It felt good, too. Raising one eyebrow, he looked sideways at her, keeping his eyes on the road as she slipped a sweatshirt over her head that she had taken out of her backpack and began changing her shirt underneath it.

“And how exactly do you know what I do in my spare time?” he asked, knowing he was being a bit playful and flirting.

She shrugged, taking the sweatshirt off as soon as she had accomplished her task at hand and laughed, “Oh… you can learn just about anything about someone from the Tabloids. You should know that.” She teased back and he laughed.

“Touché,” He gave back and she settled into the seat, finally putting her seatbelt on, “so where are you headed?” he asked.

She shrugged, “No where in particular, wherever you want to take me.” She offered and he looked over at her, incredulously.

“You know, that’s a good way to meet an axe murderer.” he offered.

She laughed, “If you say so. I haven’t seen an axe murderer since last month in the theater, but if you see one, will you tell me immediately? I would love to meet one. Especially in a good way!” she smiled at him as she nodded her head enthusiastically as he laughed with her.

The girl was obviously witty, that was obvious, but something more to her intrigued him. Maybe it was the fact that she was hitchhiking and didn’t look like she needed to. Or maybe it was the fact that she knew who he was and didn’t squeal and talk to herself like many other women did, ogling at him. She seemed to be at peace, watching the desert wasteland outside of her window, the silence over them comfortable.

“So you know us… why aren’t you jumping around and telling me how much you adored Justin and dreamed to marry one of us one day?” he asked, a small smile creating crow’s feet around his eyes and a small dimple she never noticed he had.

She just smiled back, “Ah, because I wasn’t quite a fan. I’m sorry, but I’m not much of a ‘boy-band’ kind of girl. There was one song that helped me though. I think it had to do with something about a heart and playing games. I don’t know.”

He covered his grinning mouth with a hand, looking outside the window as she caught the smile, “What?” she asked.

JC shook his head, “That wasn’t one of our songs.” He told her, still grinning.

“Oh. Then who’s was it?” she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. He looked over at her, a small smile still tugging at the corners of his mouth. She was sincerely confused. She really didn’t know.

That made his smile broaden, “It was the Backstreet Boys’ song.” He smiled over at her and her eyes grew.

-.-.-

Okay, so if the story sucked, tell me. If it rocked, tell me. If it was so-so, but you want me to continue, tell me. If it was so-so, and you want me to quit, tell me! I loooove reviews. I thrive on reviews!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki