Hit The Road by MickeyMouseEars


Number of reviews: 9
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Disclaimer: So I don’t know them, I don’t own them (“Chris? What are you doing? Back to the bedroom!”) and I certainly am not getting money for this fiction. So don’t sue me ‘cause all you might get is pocket lint. And that’s a might. I just washed my jeans this morning, so the dryer might have taken it from you….

Hey, thanks for reviewing, guys! That meant a lot. So here goes the second chapter! Oh, and before I forget… I'll send your choice of Nsync Boy (A. Josh B. Jay C. Chris D. Lance E. Joey) along with a plastic sheet and an entourage with ice cream and your favorite toppings if you review. :grin: and we're not talkin' the ones that say, "This is my review. Update asap." I want a good, solid review, guys. Okay? -K-

Happy reviewing and Enjoy! And I've revised the chapter a bit...


.-.-.

She just smiled back, “Ah, because I wasn’t quite a fan. I’m sorry, but I’m not much of a ‘boy-band’ kind of girl. There was one song that helped me though. I think it had to do with something about a heart and playing games. I don’t know.”

He covered his grinning mouth with a hand, looking outside the window as she caught the smile, “What?” she asked.

JC shook his head, “That wasn’t one of our songs.” He told her, still grinning.

“Oh. Then who’s was it?” she asked, her eyebrows furrowed. He looked over at her, a small smile still tugging at the corners of his mouth. She was sincerely confused. She really didn’t know.

That made his smile broaden, “It was the Backstreet Boys’ song.” He smiled over at her and her eyes grew.



“Oh god. Was it really?” she asked, covering her face with her hands and looking sideways at him. He nodded silently.

She shook her head, laughing at herself, “Well, so much for trying not to embarrass myself. At least you didn’t mind too much.” She added, smiling over at him.

Her smile fell when he glanced over at her, a dangerous look in his eye, “Oh. I’m livid. I am so pissed that I could “ no, I’m just kidding. I don’t mind.” he smiled widely, making her smile back with relief.

“Good, ‘cause you know, the worst thing than an axe murderer is a boy band goodie-two-shoes turning into a schizophrenic bandit.” He looked over at her and again, had one eyebrow risen.

“You have a very active imagination.” JC pointed out and she laughed.

“Yeah, I suppose I do. I’m Novia, by the way. I just remembered that I didn’t introduce myself.” she smiled over at him and he smiled back.

“Novia, huh? I don’t suppose I want to know where you got that name?” he asked and she placed a hand over her heart, mocking being hurt.

She ended up laughing, though. “Ouch. Hey now. I like my name. It means”

“girlfriend,” both said in unison and she looked impressed, “You know Spanish?” she asked.

“Hah. Only a little. It’s faded over the years but when I was younger, my brother, sister and I, we would get so bored of being trapped inside the house, we would get into arguments and right in the middle of it, we would start speaking in Spanish, just to piss my mother off. It drove her nuts ‘cause she couldn’t understand us,” A smile lighted up his face as he looked back and forth between the road and her, “and so then one of us would be sent upstairs and would start yelling at the one downstairs in Spanish, not really making any sense, but she would shoo us out of the house for yelling. I think she knew what we were trying to do, but she never said anything.”

The smile stayed on his face for only a few seconds before it fell and his eyes focused on the road, clouded over.

She mentally slapped herself on the forehead, he was obviously sensitive about his mother, “So.. you had a brother and a sister? That’s cool. I’m an only child. I wish I had some siblings.” She smiled kindly over at him, trying to change the subject and he smiled back, shoving the thought of his mother’s death away from his mind.

“Really? Well, you definitely wouldn’t want mine.” He cheekily grinned over at her and the air in the car was once again light and she laughed.

“Oh yeah, why not?”

JC shook his head, “I’m telling you, you don’t want to know. I told Chris and I think I scarred the poor old guy for the next five years that’s gonna be his life.”

Novia laughed, “Awww. C’mon, he can’t be that much older than you.” He shook his head, agreeing with her.

“No, he’s actually not, but it still doesn’t stop us from teasing him for being an old man against the youngsters. When we were first together, we would accuse him of being a pedophile who secretly wanted Jay. O’course, that scared Jay for the first couple of months and I don’t think he ever recovered. God.. That was back when Chris had braids in his hair,” JC shook his head, laughing, “And Jay had a ‘fro. Those were some good times.”

“Sorry… I had forgotten all of that. So you said you don’t have any siblings? Where’d you grow up?” he suddenly asked.

“Oh you know, here and there. Okay, that’s a cop-out answer, I’m sorry.” She apologized as he gave her a look, “Mostly here in California. We have family in Oklahoma, but I don’t talk to them much.”

“Here in Cali? Where at?” he asked, his interest piqued.

“It’s a little ways from Sacramento. A city called Woodland. Ever hear about it?” she asked and he nodded his head.

“Vaguely.” He answered and it was her turn to nod her head, “Patrick Swayze… he publicly announced that he would never go back and that he hated the city.”

He laughed, “Really?” and Novia nodded her head again.

“Yeah. He broke his leg while filming a movie and he was rushed to UC Davis and was so swarmed with fans there that they had to move him somewhere else and he was so pissed that he said that he would never go back and that he officially hated Woodland.”

They both laughed and JC shook his head, “That’s crazy. So you grew up here in California, about two, three hours away, that still doesn’t explain why you’re here in LA.” JC pointed out.

She sighed, “Me in LA… well… I suppose that would be nice to know, wouldn’t it? Well, I came down here after high school wanting to be a porn star. I even had a name picked out and movie title. I was going to be BamBam Bangaround and I was going to be in Beverly Hills 9021-Ho!” Catching his mouth-agape-wide-eyed look, she doubled over, clutching her stomach as she shook with laughter.

“I’m sorry. That was just too hard to resist. Your face! HAH!” she started laughing again, clutching her stomach again, “Okay, so what I’m doing in LA… is… I came here looking for someone.”

“Really?” his interest was piqued again, “May I ask, whom?” he looked over at her and she suddenly wouldn’t meet his eyes.

“Just an old friend.. Oooh, hey look.. food! I’m hungry, are you hungry?” she asked a little too quickly and he instantly knew to back off.

“Yeah, I’m really hungry.” He pulled the car over and shut off the engine, stepping out of the car and moving to open the restaurant’s door for Novia and she smiled in thanks.

It was an old fashioned diner, like the one where they had a photo shoot for one of the albums. He couldn’t remember the specific one; it seemed to be a blur.

Sitting down at a table, he looked down at the menu that the waitress had handed them on their way in before glancing up at Novia to find her looking at him.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to stare.” She apologized and he smiled widely at her.

“Stare all you want, I’m a bit used to it now. But when it gets to the drooling stage, I’m going to have to cut you off.” He made the scissors motion with his fingers and she smiled, at ease once again.

“Wut urr ya two sugahs havin’?” a small, curvaceous woman asked, pen and notepad handy in her small hands that had fingers that reminded JC of sausages and he wondered if he was taller than her while he was sitting down.

“Hi,” Novia glanced at her nametag, “Helen. I think I’m going to have the breakfast with all bacon and a side order of toast, please.” The two women smiled at one another before the waitress turned her eyes on JC.

“And wut bout choo, sweet?” she asked and he smiled as she rose an eyebrow at him and her eyes twinkled.

“I think I’ll have the same, thank you.” He handed both of their menus to the woman and she walked off, her backside bouncing with each step.

JC turned back to Novia and she was busy, grinning outside of the window, obviously trying to hide it and failing. She caught his eye and snorted, letting out a bark of a laugh, “You know… I think she might be soft of you, Joshie.” She teased and he mocked being scared.

“Oh no! I guess I should go tell her I like guys, then… I don’t want her to get the wrong idea…” he teased back and their laughter filled the diner.

The same woman came back with two glasses of ice water, “Was there something that you two wanted to drink except for water?” she asked and Novia shook her head, taking her spoon and fishing an ice cube out of her drink.

“Could I get some coffee, please?” he asked and she nodded.

“Creamer?” she asked and he nodded back. She went away, backside bobbing again.

She came back a few moments later, setting down his cup of coffee and bowl full of individual packets of creamer.

He opened one and poured it in, followed by three more and two packets of Sugar.

Taking a sip, he slouched down into the booth, watching Novia watching the traffic, “Hey,” he started, getting her attention and he took a sip before continuing, “are you okay?” he asked, sincerely concerned as he titled his head.

“Yeah, I’m a bit tired is all… and it’s nice to just relax and take a breather. I’ve been jumping from place to place so long that it’s just… nice.” She finished lamely and he nodded, taking another sip.

He set down his cup and leaned forward, "You know, I just got home from tour. But... I really don't want to go home. And I’ve got nothing else better to do… so what do you say? You wanna take a ride and have a road trip?” he asked, the meals coming to them in the middle of him talking.

She stopped, a piece of her bacon was half way to her mouth, her mouth still hanging open as she stared at him, receiving the same stare back from him. Was he serious?


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki