How To Plan Your Ex's Wedding by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 44
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz: Officially Over. Well, well, well; what a surprise,” Mark says as he throws a copy of US Weekly’s recent issue on my desk.

“Never would have imagined,” I say sarcastically as I type up a report, on my laptop, on how my recent wedding is going so far.

“Did Bryan ever call you again?”

I roll my eyes, “Oh yeah, more than once. He also sent me flowers, which I gave right back to him, and came in here begging for my forgiveness.”

“And I’m taking it you said no.”

“Absolutely. I don’t think I’ve ever been hurt this bad before.”

“Not even with Curly Q?”

“Well…he is involved in this so I guess this pain is worse than the last time..”

Mark sighs, “You know I’m here for you, right Dani?”

I manage a smile for him, “Of course I do. You’re the only guy I actually trust right now.”

“I’d do anything to take away the shit that you’re going through if I could.”

“That’s really sweet, Mark. But there’s nothing you can do except just be the nicest guy you’ve always been and hang in here with me.”

“Already got you covered,” he says as he walks towards me and gives me a hug.

“Thanks..” I say as I start to cry on his shoulder.




I hear you’re taking the town again
Having a good time with all your good-time friends


“Hey man,” my best friend says as he enters my kitchen.

“Hey..”

“You making it?”

“Barely.”

Trace sighs, “I’m sorry, dude. I wish there was something else I could do for you.”

“I don’t think there’s anything anyone can do to make me feel better except for...”

I don’t think that you think of me
You’re on your own now and I’m alone and free


I hesitate, “..Do you ever wonder how things in your life could be different if you changed one thing?”

“Yeah...I thought of that when Elisha and I broke up. That’s why I fought hard to get her back.”

I stare into space as my mind continues to be overloaded with so many thoughts and feelings that I can’t even describe in words.

I know that I should get on with my life

“You miss her, don’t you?”

I nod, “With every bit of my heart…that’s left of it at least.”

But a life lived without you could never be right

“Well then…why don’t you tell her all of this you’re telling me?”

“I will; I just need time…to think and to heal.”

“Not to scare you, but time isn’t guaranteed, Justin. You never know; you could go to sleep at night and then the next morning you wake up, she’s gone. And you should know; you lost her once. Why go through it again?”

“Because it’s hard, Trace! I wanna do that, I do, but I’m afraid to face her again! We had such an argument and I said words that I shouldn’t have. She tried to come back; she did, but I just shut her out. I didn’t wanna believe her. And now that I do, it’s just so…fucked up.”

As long as the stars shine down from the Heavens
Long as the rivers run to the sea


“Shit happens, man. You gotta deal with it and fix it. You think she still doesn’t care about you? She didn’t have to confront you and try to tell you the truth about Cameron. But she did. You know why? Because not only does she still care for you, she still loves you whether she tells you otherwise. I can see it; you two are still in love with each other, but you’re both afraid to have it surface and blow to bits.”

I lift my head to look at him in realization of how every word he’s saying is true.

“If you still want her, do something now before it’s too late.”

I’ll never get over you getting over me

Trace is right. I can’t just sit here in my house feeling sorry for myself for something that can still be fixed. Sure, I was betrayed by someone I thought would never do something that…painful to me. But then again, this isn’t the first time someone’s cheated on me. But there’s still a person out there that I care for…and hopefully still cares for me.




“Flight 490 will be boarding for New York in ten minutes. All passengers are reminded to drop off their luggage before boarding the plane.”

I sigh, “Ten minutes seems like forever.”

Mark shrugs, “It’ll come in time. Are you sure you have everything you need?”

“Yes, father, I do,” I playfully hit him on the shoulder.

I try to smile so the hurt won’t show

“All right, all right! I’m just checking!”

“You check way too often, Mark.”

“Sorry...just making sure you don’t have to worry about anything on your vacation. Which you won’t, right?”

But the tears just won’t go away
Loneliness found me, looks like it’s here to stay


“I’ll try not to. It’s only a week so I guess I should be okay and enjoy my time.”

“Yeah, considering it’s your best friend you’re going to hang out with. Tell Michelle I said hi.”

“I will, considering you have the hots for her,” I tease.

“I do not! Not anymore at least. I figured after two years it was pointless. Plus, I’ve moved on.”

“Oh really? Well, I have five minutes left. You wanna share?” I nudge him.

Mark stutters, “It’s none of your business. Besides…I don’t think she’d understand.”

“Come on! Just tell me! Is she someone I know?”

“Oh, I would say so..”

As I’m about to speak, I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see a guy in a black leather jacket wearing sunglasses and a green hat.

“Can I help you, sir?”

The mystery man takes off his sunglasses and I immediately know who the stranger is. I look away from him as Mark steps in for me.

“You know, Dani, I think you might wanna help yourself this time and just walk away,” he says as he picks up my carry-on bag and starts to take me to the gate.

“I think she’s quite capable of making her own decisions, Mark.”

“Why don’t you just get lost, Timberlake? Haven’t you done enough damage?”

“Not until she hears what I have to say.”

“You won’t have anything to say once I-”

“Would you two quit it?!” I stand in between them. “I don’t have time or the patience for this today!”

“Flight 490 for New York is now boarding. All passengers report to Gate A at this time.”

“I have to go,” I say as I grab my carry-on from Mark and start to leave.

Justin walks after me and grabs my arm, “You can’t go, Dani!”

I turn around to look at him in disgust, “You can’t tell me what to do or not do! Let me go!”

“If you just listen to me this one second-”

“Why should I? You wouldn’t listen to what I had to tell you so why should I listen to you?!”

“Because I love you!”

I know that I ought to find someone new

“I’ve heard this story before.”

“Yeah, but now I’m free to actually say it,” Justin says as he grabs my hands. “Look, if you get on that plane, at least I’ll know that I told you. I’m sorry for everything; I never meant to hurt you. I just didn’t wanna believe it. But you gotta believe that I love you and it’s the truth.”

But all I find is myself always thinking of you

“This is the last call for Flight 490. All passengers must report to Gate A now.”

I let go of his hands, “I have to go; I’m sorry.”

I walk away to the gate not wanting to look back. Yes, I walked away from Justin Timberlake. Surprised? So am I. I didn’t think I could do it again, but I did. Granted it was nice to know that he came here to say he was sorry, but that’s not going to change anything. What’s done is done. You can’t change the past no matter how hard you try.

..But the future is always unpredictable.

I turn around and start to run back towards Justin as he realizes what I’m doing and his frown turns into a smile. I run into his arms and hug him. We separate for one second until our lips touch. Why did I do this, you may ask?

You’re the only one I’ll ever love

I think the simplest answer for this is that love makes you do crazy things.
----------
Song credit: I’ll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me”Selena?
(Supposedly it’s by Selena, but I’m not sure since I’ve heard other artists sing this song.)


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki