How To Plan Your Ex's Wedding by dancewithurheart08


Number of reviews: 44
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


“Okay, are you ready for your first date?!?

“IT’S NOT A DATE!” I say for the millionth time to Melanie since she got here.

Bryan stayed true to his word and called me last night. At the end of our conversation, he wanted to take me out tonight and I couldn’t resist seeing that boy again.

Melanie came over to help me pick out an outfit and do my hair and makeup and everything else a girl needs when she goes out with a guy. I really don’t think of this as a date, but Mel insists it is.

“You’re going out with a guy, Dani! It’s a date!”

“NO IT’S NOT! It’s just a little get together!”

“Okay, then why are you wearing a strapless, short dress?” Melanie hints.

“It’s hot outside!”

“Why did you put perfume on?”

“Cause I don’t wanna smell..”

“Why did you put lipstick on when all you basically wear is lip gloss?”

“Okay, can we stop this?! It’s not a date! End of story!”

“It’s a date and you know it!” Melanie shouts in triumph.

Before I can get another word in, the doorbell rings.

“Okay, how does my hair look?! Is it okay?! Is my makeup running!? Are my heels too high?!” I ask in a hurry.

“You look fine! But three words”it’s a date!” Mel teases.

“IT IS NOT A DATE!” I whisper.

Realizing Bryan’s still standing out there, I quickly open the door.

But it’s definitely not Bryan.

Damn it, this boy won’t leave me alone.

“Justin? What are you doing here?” I ask.

“Dani, we really need to talk..” Justin says.

“I don’t have time tonight, J! I’m sorry!”

“You never have time, Dani!”

Realizing that Melanie was watching the whole thing, I stepped outside on the front porch and closed the door.

“Okay, Justin. With the little time I have, tell me why the hell you keep popping out of nowhere like you’re in Mission Impossible?!”

“Because I want us to still be in touch! I’m not going anywhere until I have your friendship!”

“Justin, it’s not that easy! Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to see you?! Do you have any idea how hard it is to plan your wedding?!”

“Yeah, but do you have a clue of what I’m going through?! I don’t want that damn wedding! I never wanted it! I don’t have any feelings for Cameron at all! And you know why?! It’s because I still love you!” Justin cries as he heads to one of the steps and sits down.

Well this was unexpected.

Everybody knows that I was such a fool
To ever let go of you but baby I was wrong
And yeah I know I said we’d be better off alone
It was time that we moved on
I know I broke your heart, I didn’t mean to break your heart
But baby here I am


“..You…what?” I say shocked.

“I hate myself for leaving you. I was afraid of what would have happened if I didn’t date Cameron. I wasn’t afraid for me, I was afraid for you. If we were still dating and they found out who you are, I was so scared they would do something to hurt you ..and I couldn’t stand the thought of that happening to you. I’m only doing this cause I love you ..and I just wish we could have everything back.”

Banging on your front door, my pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and I’m crawling back to you
Begging for a second chance, are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I’m crawling back to you


At that moment, I felt horrible for ignoring him now and the last couple of years. He still loves me ..it’s a shock.

Cause I still love him too.

I go over to the steps and sit next to Justin as he continues to cry quietly.

“I’m sorry, Danielle… I’m so sorry..”

Just to tell you face to face
I was lying to myself, now I’m dying in this hell
Girl I know you’re mad; I can’t blame you for being mad
But baby here I am

Banging on your front door, my pride spilled on the floor
My hands and knees are bruised and now I’m crawling back to you
Begging for a second chance, are you gonna let me in?
I was running from the truth and now I’m crawling back to you


I lean over to hug him and hold on to him tight. I realize that he wasn’t the selfish bastard I thought he was that had just moved on and found someone better. I now realize that he’s been going through this much worse than I have.

If you could see these tears I’m crying
Touch these hands that can’t stop shaking
Hear my heart that’s barely beating
You will see a different man


As all these thoughts sink in, I begin to cry with him.

I look up for a second to see Melanie looking out at us. She can tell this is a bad time and gives me a hand motion telling me she’s gonna call Bryan and cancel our little shindig.

Which is a good thing cause I don’t plan on leaving Justin right now.

“Justin, I think we should go inside and talk more about this,” I say calmly as we both go inside for a long talk that awaited us ever since that night happened a couple years ago.
----------
Song credit: Crawling Back To You--Backstreet Boys


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki