Painful Reflections by JC_luver


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


"Now, close your eyes," Novalee Chasez spoke to her two daughters as they sat impatiently at the kitchen table for their dinner. "I want you to imagine oysters coated with thick ketchup. Now eat it."

She laid down a plate of stale saltine crackers with some thin ketchup spread over them.

"Mmmmm, this is good oyster, Mommy," 9-year-old Leiah tried to make the situation better as well.

"Yeah, well eat a little slower and it will last longer," Novalee scolded although she knew full well that it was now 5 PM and the two girls hadn't eaten all day.

"What about you? Are you gonna eat?" 6-year-old Jenny questioned with a concerned look on her face.

"Well, Mommy had a can of peaches this morning and I am STILL full," she lied with a cheerful smile.

As the girls ate, the screen door swung open and then closed.

"Anyone home?" JC called, peeking into the kitchen.

"Daddy!" the girls squealed and ran to their adored father. JC looked up and his heart broke when he saw what his babies were being forced to eat and how thin and frail his wife was looking.

"Go finish up your dinner like good girls so I can talk to Mommy," he gently nudged them back to the table and beckoned Novalee to the small living room.

"Honey, whats wrong? I know how bad our circumstance is but I can tell when something else is bothering you," he cupped her face in his hands.

"Josh, I...I...I think I'm pregnant," Novalee stated as two tears rolled down her cheeks.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki