Whatever Love Is by Teeny


Number of reviews: 38
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


What is Love?

For all that we know in this world; our rapidly increasing knowledge of cancer and illness, our multiple means of communication, our ever-growing economy…we are yet to apply a theory to Love. We can do it to Relativity, we can do it for the world’s creation…why not Love? It’s just an emotion. A powerful one, of course, but we have a sketchy impression of happiness, or sadness, or anger…why is Love still a mystery, to which even great philosophers such as Aristotle or Da Vinci cannot apply a basic set of principles? Even with all the energy that we’ve poured into it, in our animated books and stories and movies and fables, our relationship with Love is still alien and detached.

Is Love risking your life for someone else? Is Love having a lavish wedding and declaring to the world that you are infatuated with another person? Is Love simply sharing your bagel with that person and offering them a sip of your coffee?

Literature has devoted many a page to describing its wonders; film has captured every moment of skilled actors’ performance as they dissolve into a pool of worship. It seems that Love has been depicted through the dramatic pen of a writer or photographic lens of a director, but never through the eyes of a simple, customary human. In the real world, where people are killed, dreams are shattered, hope is lost; is there even such a thing as Love? Do people turn to fiction and films because they accept Love is above them; a pleasure that they will never experience?

What if Love is some sort of supremacy? A greater power that plays mind games with unsuspecting humans, disappearing when the fights have been fought and the obstacles overcome, leaving a tangle of confused emotions, none of which are Love. What if we’ve all been fooled into believing that somewhere out there is our compatible soul mate, someone who will be the congruent jigsaw piece in the puzzle of our lives’ when, the truth is, there’s no one out there that can complete us. Human beings are naturally flawed and unfinished…and maybe that’s just the way it’s got to be.

Justin and Eve were a couple that happened accidentally; one of nature’s humorous mistakes. He liked his coffee black, she liked it white. He liked to sleep in on weekends, she always seemed to be up doing something at the crack of dawn. He was a millionaire, she was lucky if she had enough to pay the rent at the end of the month. He liked Coldplay, she said Chris Martin was tone deaf. He was a “bastard American”, she was a “snobby English woman”.

Whatever Love is, it played a part in their relationship. Maybe it was the thing that had brought them together in the first place. Maybe Love had decided to do someone a favor for once.

Or maybe it had decided to play a joke.








© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki