Vindicated by Leeann


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"How did I let you talk me into this." Alison Carter told her friend Rach as she unpacked a box in the living room.

"I didn't talk you into anything. You came by your own free will." Rach said as she arranged the DVD collection in alphabetical order.

"Whatever. I can't believe I'm in Orlando, living here at that." Ali sighed.

A year ago she'd met a famous musician, had him confess his undying love for her, and had him break her heart by never keeping in touch like he said he would. And to top that, she'd just lost her job, which brought her to her current situation.

"Come on, you might even see your boyfriend here." Rach smiled.

"He's not my boyfriend." Ali shook her head.

"Sure he is, you guys never actually broke up." Rach pointed out.

"He ended our relationship when he decided not to return any of my phone calls or answer my emails." Ali shrugged her shoulders.

She tried to show the world that she didn't care about JC--or "Josh" as she had once known. When they had first met, she found him different than every other celebrity out there--at least the stereotype of other celebrities--he was down to earth. He was Josh. Until they left and he'd never contacted her or had the decency to at least let her down gently. That's when he became "JC" the celebrity.

"Quit trying to pretend you don't care Ali. It's not healthy." Rach sighed.

"Whatever." Ali rolled her eyes.

She was hurting. She'd trusted JC and he'd let her down. Just like everyone else she'd loved. There was her father who had died on the mountain, and her fiance who'd also died on the mountain, and now JC. Maybe it was a curse.

"You know you're going to have fun here Alison, so just get over it." Rach got up and went to the CD player and put in a mixed CD.

"I like this song." Ali said referring to the song.

"It's all right, I'm not a big Hilary Duff fan myself."

"Yeah well, the movie was good."

"What movie was it from?" Rach asked scrunching her face trying to remember.

"Raise Your Voice. You know the last scene where they're all around singing and playing and stuff. Jericho." Ali reminded her.

"Oh yeah." Rach nodded.

"So when do you start your job?" Ali asked standing up to stretch.

"This Friday."

"And today is what day?"

"Geez Alison, are you all right? It's Wednesday."

"Okay."

"So will you go out with me tonight?" Rach asked.

"Do I have to ?" Ali groaned.

"Of course."

"Why did you bother asking me then." Ali rolled her eyes.

Alison was definitely not a people person, she kept to small groups of friends and didn't like being surrounded by people.

"Oh it'll be fun. You know it will be. I'll even help you pick something to wear and do your make up for you. You should really think about wearing makeup every day. The 'get up shower and go' look really isn't doing it for you." Rach said studying her friends pretty face.

"I like being plain." Ali scowled at her.

"You have a lot of potential." Rach said grabbing Ali's hair, getting a vision.

"I have potential? Geez Rach, what does that say for me now."

"Oh you know I'm not serious. Damn."

"Whatever. That's probly why JC decided he didn't want to see me any more, because I'm not like all the other models he dates." Ali said looking defeated.

"Alison Carter, you did not just say that. I will not have you putting yourself down. You ought to be ashamed of yourself." Rach defended her.

"Well there had to be some reason why he blew me off." Ali rolled her eyes.

"Let's not get on that topic again." Rach said looking at her watch. "It's like five right now, let's go shopping. We need to get you a dress."

"I can't afford a dress." Ali shook her head.

"You might not be able to, but I can. We'll even buy you some make up of your very own. I'll teach you how to use it." Rach grinned and put her palms together; ready for a new challenge.

"I don't like that look on your face, or the way that sounded." Ali looked at her and swallowed nervously.

"Oh come on Ali, it'll be fun. Let's go." Rach said pulling Ali to her feet.

And a half an hour later they were at the mall and Rach had Ali trying on clothes.

"No. I won't wear that." Ali said shaking her head.

"Come on, it's not THAT bad." Rach said holding the skirt up to Ali.

"It's way too short." Ali said backing up.

"It's not that short at all. It'll go right there." Rach said showing her a spot about 5 inches above her knees.

"Way too short." Ali repeated.

"Oh come on Alison, I have skirts that are way shorter than this. Here try this on, with this." Rach said grabbing a bright red halter top.

"Why did I agree to this." Ali sighed as she took the clothes into the dressing room.

"Because you love me and you know you want to get dolled up." Rach said handing her knee high boots with heels.

"I wont' be able to walk in those." Ali said when she saw the boots slide under the door.

"Sure you will. It's easy." Rach answered.

An agonizing ten minutes later Rach finally coaxed Ali out of the dressing room and grinned from ear to ear when she saw her.

"It's a winner. You're going to kill in that outfit." Rach beamed. Proud of herself for picking out such a great outfit.

Ali studied herself in the mirror. It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Everything was modestly covered, and Rach was right, the skirt wasn't that short, and the knee high boots gave it a more sophisticated look rather than a slutty look.

"You like it don't you." Rach smiled knowingly.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as I thought it would be." Ali shrugged.

"All right, let's get it." Rach said guiding her back into the dressing room.

A few minutes later Ali came out of the dressing room and gave the clothes to Rach who payed for them.

Next stop was make-up. Ali had no say in what to get, for two reasons. Number one, she had no idea what to get, and secondly Rach wanted to get what everything she'd need. For this outfit Rach decided to go on red lipgloss that would leave a slight tint, and of black eyeliner and of course glitter. She got all the other basic necessities, like foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, eye liner in different shades, lipsticks, lipliners, everything.

"I'm going to look like a clown." Ali said nervously as she saw all the makeup she'd gotten.

"Nonsense." Rach tsked her.

An hour later--nearly seven o'clock they were head back home and when they got there Rach sent to Ali to the shower with some "special" shampoo and conditioner that was to help her hair stay the way she wanted it too. During that time Rach got ready herself. It didn't take long as all she needed to do was change and put on her makeup. She was wearing her hair up for the night.

After her shower, Ali put on her outfit for the night and sighed when Rach sat her down to do her hair and makeup. A half an hour later Ali was finally ready to see the final product. She was really nervous, she was not a wearer of makeup and she rarely did her hair in any kind of fashion.

"All right hon, check it out." Rach said moving out of her way.

Alison's jaw dropped when she saw herself. She was stunning. Her hair was slightly curled and her makeup was heavy, but at the same time not overpowering. The black eyeliner drew attention to her eyes, accentuating them. She glowed, she really did.

"Wow." Ali whispered, reaching her hand up to touch her hair.

"Don't touch it." Rach shook her head.

"I can't believe it." Ali said still stunned.

"Believe it sweetie, you have all the goods, you just need to read the manual." Rach smiled at her friends new found self confidence.

"Thank you Rach." Ali said hugging her friend.

"Of course honey." Rach hugged her back. "Now lets go debut that at a club."

They went to a club called Strange Dream, apparently it was a new club that'd opened up a few months ago. The name came from techno/dance artist Andy Hunter from his Exodus CD.

Ali was impressed by the way it looked inside, but was again a little out of her league with all the people there. And she could feel a lot of eyes on her as she walked through the crowds to a table. They set their stuff down there and at Rach's insistence went out onto the dance floor.

Ali was way out of her comfort zone, she didn't know how to dance, she looked around her and everyone seemed to know what they were doing. She kinda followed Rach's lead and moved her body back and forth and raised her arms above her head, but it was very unnatural feeling.

"Ali, just relax, let the music take over your body." Rach said sensing Ali's frustration.

"I don't know how." Ali sighed regreting coming.

"Wait here." Rach said before heading to the bar.

Rach ordered her a Cosmopolitian and herself a beer. She knew it would be tough to get Ali to drink it, as she was very against alcohol, but maybe this once she'd loosen up.

"Here, drink this." Rach said handing her the cosmopolitian.

"What's in it?" Alison asked taking a sip.

"A little of this a little of that." Rach shrugged. "Just try it."

Alison took a drink and then another and then the glass was empty. "That was pretty good."

"I'm glad you liked it. Now let's dance." Rach said taking the glass from her hand and set it on their table along with her beer after taking a long drink from it.

Ali knew there was alcohol in that drink as she felt herself buzzing. She never drank, because not only was it against her beliefs as a Christian, but also she didn't like the way it made her feel, and she knew it ruined lives. Tonight she didn't care, tonight she was going to have fun and maybe even finally take her mind off a certain pop star.

Rach and Ali both took a shot of straight vodka a half an hour later and Ali was feeling the effects fully. She was freely open and dancing out on the floor. She smiled when she heard a familiar song start up.

Traveling the galaxies on telepathic roads
Singing in the distance, clouds of breath out in the cold
All of my desires waiting for someone to hold
So come to me
So come to me, ooh

Lying here pretending that you're closer than you are
Swear I heard you whispering "would someone break my fall?"
Memories of kisses from the dreams until the dawn
So come to me
So come to me

Ali found herself dancing very closely with a guy she didn't know. She would have freaked if it werent for Rach being there dancing with her. They were both on either side of him, making a sandwhich of him. She was very free and the alcohol had clouded her judgement so she was grinding up against strangers. She didn't care, she was listening to JC in a club, and she was slightly drunk.

The nights when you don't call
My life is a catastrophe
I need to feel you close to me
I'm waiting out the storm

Cause when I'm all alone
I imagine I am face to face
Inhaling every breath you take
I'm waiting out the storm
I'm waiting out the storm


Rach watched Ali totally getting into the song and she felt proud of her friend. She was totally into the song and dancing with total freedom. She knew Ali would regret it tomorrow, but she also knew she was having fun tonight. Fun was something Alison hadn't allowed herself to have in a really long time, which was frightening.

Conversation hotter than a fireman engulfed
Sweeping through my body causing temperatures to smoke
Every second passing makes it hard for me to cope
So come to me
So come to me

Walking with my fingers and I'm creeping down real slow
Reaching for the places that no one could ever go
Pushing me to ecstasy, you touch my very soul
So come to me
So come to me, yea

Thinking of you
What can I do
I'm thinking of you

Ali started singing a long with the song and really got into it. Her hair was flying around her as her body moved to the beat of the song. She didn't have a care in the world at that time. JC could be right there dancing with her and she wouldn't know the difference, to her he was. He was with her encouraging her with his soft sexy voice.

Come, come
Waiting, waiting
I know, I know
You'll come to me
You'll come to me

So come to me
So come to me

So come to me
So come to me

When the song finally ended Rach and Ali left the dance floor and took another shot, then got a beer so they could qwench their much needed thirst.

When Ali first drank the beer, she spit it back out. "That's disgusting."

"Yeah, but you'll get used to it." Rach nodded.

Ali was really thirsty so she drank as much as she could and tried not to open her mouth afterwards until she was sure she couldn't taste it any more. She set her beer back down on the table and headed out to the dance floor again.

Rach watched her friend and chuckled. Just then she caught something out of the corner of her eye. She gasped when she saw who was standing at the bar ordering a drink. It was none other than Justin Timberlake. She looked around to see if he were there alone or if his friends were there too, one in particular. She didn't see him, but didn't want to take any chances. Alison was in no mood to deal with JC tonight.

"Justin?" she said going up to him.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" Justin glanced at her without really seeing her.

"Is JC here with you?" she asked not bothering to say who she was.

"No, now if you'll excuse me."

Rach just rolled her eyes at him. He didn't have to be so stuck up about it, geez. Anyway she didn't care, she had better things to do like take care of Ali. Rach looked out onto the dance floor and her jaw dropped. Ali was grinding up against a guy she didn't even know. Rach realized that she'd let her go to far, Ali would never dream of doing what she was doing at that moment if she was sober. It was time to leave.

"Ali." Rach said grabbing her arm.

"Rach, when did you get here." Ali giggled seeing her friend there.

"I brought you Ali, come on, it's time to go." Rach said dragging her off the dance floor.

Ali made no attempt to struggle, she just giggled and made it more difficult for Rach to guide her. Rach stopped at their table to gather their things when the unimaginable happened. Ali spotted Justin.

"Oh shit." Ali said when she saw him.

"Don't worry Alison, he's not here." Rach assured her.

"How do you know?" Ali asked feeling paniced.

"Because I asked him." Rach shrugged.

"You just went up and asked him?" Ali stopped and stared at her friend.

"Yeah." Rach nodded.

"What did he say?"

"He just said no. Come on let's get out of here." Rach said grabbing her hand.

As soon as the cold air hit Alison, she leaned over and puked all over the place. She wasn't used to throwing up so she ended up crying.

"I'm so sorry Rach." she cried.

"For what? It's better that you puked out here than in there." Rach rubbed her back softly.

"I guess." Ali said standing up straight.

"Come on hon, lets catch a cab home." Rach said guiding her to the curb.

"Good thing we didn't drive." Ali said as she half stood, half leaned on Rach.

"I knew we wouldn't be in any condition to drive." Rach nodded.

Rach had trouble keeping Ali from passing out on the way back to their apartment, but when they finally got upstairs, Rach guided Ali to her bed and as soon as she lay down, Alison was out cold.

Rach chuckled when she realized the hangover her friend was on for in the morning. She shut the light off in Ali's room and went to her own room and went to bed.

(Song "Come to Me" by JC Chasez)



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki