HouseMates by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


**Joey's point of view**
“Oh my god, how long does it take to do your hair?” Justin yelled up the stairs.
“Well it takes me longer because I have hair and you don't!” Carla yelled back.
“She's got a point you know.” I interrupted them. We were all just about to go and pick up the contest winners at their own homes, and then head to the New Year's Eve party. The contest winners didn't know that we were going to their place, it was gonna be a huge surprise. All they knew was that a big limo was going to pick them up. All the guys were already dressed in our tuxedos, waiting for the girls to come down from upstairs. I was sitting down on the couch reading a magazine, JC and Chris were playing a game on Play Station, Lance was fixing up his tie in the mirror in the bottom hallway and Justin was at the base of the stairs.
“Oh ha ha Joey.” Justin said back to me.
“Just stating the obvious.” I replied and got back to my reading. After about five seconds, the magazine got boring, so I threw it onto the coffee table, stood up and stretched my arms above me head. I stopped my stretch halfway because I looked at the top of the stairs and the three girls were standing at the top with their arms linked. “Wow.” I said quietly, as I lowered my arms beside me. The three girls started to descend the stairs. I could see Justin out the corner of my eyes, staring at the girls. JC and Chris were still playing the game and Lance was walking out of the hallway.
Lance saw Justin and I staring at the stairs. Lance turned and looked at the stairs, saw the girls and said, “Oh my god, wow!” JC and Chris turned around to see what Lance was wowing about. Then they saw the girls. By this stage, Carla was in Justin arms; Montana was making her way over to Lance and Maddie made her way over to me.
“Oh my god, you can look good when you dress up Mr Fatone.” Maddie said.
“I don't know about me, but you look fantastic!” I said admiring what she was wearing. Maddie was wearing a full-length dark blue sequined dress with spaghetti straps, matching shoes, a diamond necklace and little jewels through her hair. Her hair was up in a French twist with strands of curls near her face.
“Why thank you.” She said. I put out my arm for her to take, she placed her arm in mine and we walked towards the door. “Let's go peoples!” She said to the others as we made our way to the awaiting black limo in the driveway.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
**From Justin's point of view**
“Carla, you look amazing! Beyond words to describe such a beautiful figure standing in front of me.” I said as Carla reached my arms. Carla was wearing a diagonal cut dress, (cut from her right knee to her left ankle) with one strap over her right shoulder. At the bottom was a deep blue and then slowly faded to a light blue and then finally to a white at the top. A pair of white strappy shoes and a white choker studded with blue dimontis around her neck. Her hair was pulled into a ponytail and curled.
“Okay, whose words are they coming out of your mouth?” Carla asked me, looking into my eyes.
“Mine,” I replied, “they are mine.”
“Justin, I know when you are lying.” Carla mocked.
“Oh yeah, how?”
“I can feel your heart beat get faster.” She replied. I forgot that she was pressed up against my chest.
“Fine, I took some advice from Joey.” I replied. Trust Joey to give me a corny line.
“Let's go peoples!” I heard Maddie yell from the front door.
“Thank you Joey for the compliment!” Carla yelled over my shoulder to Joey.
Joey turned around and said, “Hey, anytime!” They soon disappeared out the door. With JC and Chris followed close behind.
“Come on, let's go.” I said, placing my hand on her lower back and headed for the door.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
**From Lance's point of view**
“MJ, you are an angel sent from heaven.” I commented as she approached me in a full-length bright yellow hipster skirt with dimontis across the top, it also had a very small train out the back with flowers at the very bottom of it. She was wearing a black sleeveless top, which unzipped from the bottom to the top, but not all the way. She had it unzipped as far as it would go (just under chest line), a silver cross on a silver necklace and a pair of silver strappy shoes. Her hair was out and held back with a few bobby pins here and there.
“Why thank-you Lance.” Montana said. She stepped back and looked me up and down. “Come here,” she said reaching for my neck, “you're tie is crooked.” She starting straitening up my tie.
“Let's go peoples.” We both heard Maddie yell from the front door.
“Care to join me?” I asked her and held out my hand for her to take.
“Why yes, if you don't mind.” She said taking my hand.
“Why not at all.” I said as we headed out the front door behind Justin and Carla. Montana pulled the door closed behind her, locked it and we then headed for the limo. We climbed in and headed down the driveway and off to the first contestant's house. “Where to?” I asked JC.
“Umm, 43rd Street. Her name is Rachael Lee. Then off to Park Avenue to Lisa Salvador.” JC replied looking at the piece of paper from his pocket. About fifteen minutes, we rolled up Rachael's driveway.
“Okay, who's going to go and get her?” Maddie asked.
“I will.” Montana said, jumping at the opportunity. She opened up the door and I followed her to the front door. She rang the doorbell and took a few steps back, into me.
“Whoa,” I said, grabbing hold of her arms so that she could regain balance, “not so fast.”
“Sorry, I didn't realize that you were behind me.” She said looking deeply into my eyes.
Just then, the front door opened. “Hello.” The lady at the door said.
“Hi, my name is Lance Bass and this is Montana Jordan. We are here to pick up Rachael and take her to the biggest party of the year.” I said greeting the woman with a firm handshake.
“Hi, I'm Sarah, Rachael's mother. She's actually still upstairs getting ready.” Sarah said giving Montana a handshake. “I'll just go and get her for you, if you would like.”
“May I go and get her, if you don't mind. We have to talk about a few things in private.” Montana said.
`Like when does she have to talk to them in private?' I thought to myself.
“Yep, no problem. Her room is up the stairs and third door on the right.” Sarah said. “Come and sit down Lance.” She ushered me into the lounge room to sit down on the couch as Montana climbed the stairs to Rachael's room.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
**From Montana's point of view**
Knock, knock
“Come in.” Came a voice from inside the room. I opened the door and put my head in.
“Rachael?” I asked her.
“Yeah…and you are?” She asked me.
“I'm Montana.” I replied.
“Hey, come in.” I opened the door wider and came into her room. “You can sit down on the bed if you would like, I just have to finish doing my hair.” She said as she was curling her shoulder length blonde hair with a curling iron.
I looked around her room and saw only a few pictures here and there of the guys. A not so fanatic fan, that's a first. “As I said, I'm Montana and I'm Lance's partner, guest, date, whatever you want to call me, for the night. I'm here to pick you up and take you to the party.” I watched her move around the room looking for something. Her figure wasn't perfect, wasn't slim and wasn't too large. She wore blue-framed glasses, a simple long full-length black dress, with spaghetti straps that criss-crossed over her back. She wore a pair of strappy stiletto shoes and a simple silver watch on her left wrist.
“Who's my partner?” She asked me.
“Well, who would you like to go with?” I asked her, hoping deep inside that she would pick JC.
“I would so love to go with JC, but if not, I don't care.” She replied as she picked up her handbag from the bed beside me.
“Well, let me just say, you are in luck! JC is your assigned partner!” I said getting off the bed.
“Oh my god! Thank you!” She said giving me a hug.
“Hey, that's what I'm here for!” I said. “Now,” I continued, “a few pointers of my own. Don't get carried away by all of this stuff, it's just a party and…” I began.
“JC is just like a regular guy, who has to put up with all of the press and paparazzi, rumours, yadda yadda yadda, don't let it get to my head that I'm going to a New Year's Party with *NSYNC, it's just the first time I've met him in person and nothing will happen from it. Yeah, I've heard it all before.” She finished my sentences, which she turned into one long sentence.
“Umm, yeah.” I was so amazed.
“I'm not an over-obsessed fan. I am going to respect JC, the other guys and their dates. If they don't mind, I would like to treat them as normal people, because believe me, I know what it's like to be famous.” She said as we walked out of her bedroom into the hallway.
“You do?” I asked her astounded.
“Na, but it sounded good.” We both gave a little chuckle. “But I know what it's like, to be not treated as a normal person.”
“How? If you don't mind me asking.” I said.
“Well,” she started, “as you've probably already noticed I'm not skinny, not good looking, that's sort of thing. I don't get treated like everyone else. I know what it's like to be screaming and no one can hear me, being single and left alone. I know that's nothing compared to fame, but still.” She said as we reached the top of the stairs.
“Don't worry; I know exactly how you feel. It is roughly like fame, but different. This time, fame has people following you around all the time and can't keep tings a secret from them. They always somehow find out the truth.” I said, remembering Lance and I in the picture in the magazine on top of the hotel roof.
“Don't worry; I'll keep everything that I see or do tonight under wraps. I won't brag about who has a girlfriend and who doesn't, who snogged who.” She said as we reached the bottom of the stairs.
“Lance, this is Rachael. Rachael this is Lance.” I said as we walked into the lounge room. Lance quickly stood up and turned to face us.
“Hey.” He said as he walked closer to Rachael. He reached out and gave her a hug and Rachael returned the favour. “Well, let's go!” Lance said and walked towards the door.
“He's just trying to make you feel more comfortable, that's all.” I quietly said to Rachael as Lance walked away. Rachael smiled back at me.
“Bye mum! Be home later!” Rachael yelled out to her mum.
“Bye Rachael! Don't get up to anything!” Sarah yelled back.
“Don't worry, she won't!” I yelled back at Sarah.
We started out the door and headed towards the car. Lance was already standing with the door wide open to the car. Rachael leaned over and said to me, “Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you and Lance are an item!” I just looked at her with a shocked expression on my face. `How could she have picked up on that?' I asked myself. She smiled back and I just placed my arm around her shoulders and we walked to the car, both with a little bounce in our step. Rachael climbed in first and slid across the seat to be sitting next to JC. I slid in next to her and Lance followed behind me and closed the door and we then drove off to Lisa's house.
“Okay everybody, this is Rachael, Rachael this is Chris, Joey, Maddie, Carla, Justin and JC.” I said, following the line around the car. Across the back seat were Lance, myself, Rachael and then JC. Along the side were Maddie and Joey and across the front, facing backwards to the direction of the car, were Carla, Justin and Chris. Carla was sitting in the middle of Justin and JC.
“Hey Rachael, I'm JC and I'll be your date for this evening.” Chris said.
“Hey JC, I'm your date and I'll be sure to ask any questions if necessary.” Rachael replied.
Everyone cracked up because Rachael had just ruined one of JC’s attempts at being funny.
They all said their welcomes and we started up a few conversations. Soon, we were at Lisa's house.
“Okay, who's going to do the honours?” I asked them all.
“I will.” Came Chris’s reply. Before anyone could say anything, he was already out the door.
“Wow, he's a fast mover.” I said under my breath.
About ten minutes later, a girl with dark brown shoulder length hair climbed into the car, followed by Chris. “Everyone this is Lisa. Lisa this is Carla, Justin, Maddie, Joey, JC, Rachael, Montana and Lance.” He said, going around the car once more.
“Hey.” We all said.
“Hi.” She nervously said. I felt really sorry for her. She seemed really shy and out of place. Nothing that a small little talk after the car ride won't help.
For the rest of the car ride, Lisa sat there, hardly saying a word and Rachael seemed like she was one of the guys. Rachael blended well with the group. The car came to a halt and then a sudden wave of flashes was seen out the car window.
“Let's go!” Joey said as he climbed out of the limo first. The cameras went crazy. He put out his hand for Maddie to take so that Joey could help her out of the car. As soon as she was out, Joey placed his hand on her lower back and took her towards the first reporter.
“We're next.” Justin said to Carla as he got out and helped Carla out. Justin did the same as Joey, and led Carla to a reporter.
“Ready?” JC asked Rachael.
 
“Ready as I’ll ever be!” Rachael replied.
Chris was the next to climb out, leaving Lisa, Lance and myself still in the car. I quickly lent over to Lisa to give her a few words. “Just act yourself, don't forget, the guys are just normal human beings. The same as you and me.” She turned and gave me a hug and placed a huge smile on her face. She saw JC's hand at the door, she took it and climbed out and stood beside him.
“Last but definitely not least.” I said to Lance as we headed out the car. As soon as I stood out, Lance closed the door and the limo drove off. Oh my, the cameras, so many of them! We walked over to where the guys had all gathered at the MTV reporter. I leaned over to Lance's ear and said, “I'm gonna take the girls inside and have a proper little chat. If you know what I mean.” Lance looked at me, smiled and nodded. He squeezed my hand twice to tell me that he loved me. I squeezed his hand back three times, to tell him that I loved him too. Hand squeezing became a thing, so instead of showing our affection by hugging or kissing, we decided that squeezing each other's hand was more discrete. I walked over to the girls and we walked inside, posing for a few pictures along the way.
When we were inside, the room was huge. It had all of these balloons held up to the ceiling with a huge net, a huge dance floor in the middle of the room with tables along the sides of the room for the guests to sit at. We were ushered to our table. A table of ten! The table was round, with a white tablecloth with 2001 written all over the tablecloth and a big 2002 in the middle of the tablecloth. There were silver balloons, decoratively placed on the walls. In the centre of the table were a few streamers and party poppers for us to pop when the count down reached one, or whenever we wanted to.
“Okay, Lisa and Rachael. Let me just introduce ourselves formally. This is Maddie. She's the guy's wardrobe assistant and Joey's partner for the night. Carla and myself, Montana, are along for the ride. Just to let you know, whatever happens tonight can't leave this room. The more in-depth stuff can't leave. But other stuff like who you got to dance with, things that wont upset *NSYNC's image is alright. The guys are just normal people, like everyone else at the table at the moment. Now, don't be shocked by Joey's corny pick up lines coming out of the other guys mouths, Chris' weird behaviour, hey, just to put it simple, they are guys, so expect the unexpected.” We all had a laugh and then Lance came up behind me and put his hands over me eyes.
“Guess who.” He whispered into my ear.
“Oh please let it be Orlando Bloom. I would die if it was!” I said sarcastically.
“Oh ha, ha.” Lance said as he took his hands away from my eyes and sat down next to me.
“Oh I know I am.” I said to Lance.
About five minutes later, all of the introductions were made, thank-yous, stuff like that and then the party began.
“Care for a dance Rae?” Lance asked me.
“Sure why not.” I said. I grabbed his hand and he led me to the dance floor. I looked over Lance shoulder and saw Chris and Lisa grooving away, I could see JC and Rachael back at the table in an in-depth conversation, Joey and Maddie were dancing at the other end of the dance floor and I couldn't see Carla and Justin on the dance floor. `They must be getting a drink.' I thought to myself.
About five fast songs later, a slow one finally came on, `Back at one' by Brian McKnight. I wrapped my arms around Lance's neck and rest my head in the crook of his neck and inhaled his aftershave deeply. He rested his cheek on my forehead as he softly sang `Back at one' to me. But he then stopped sing and asked me a question, “Do you mind if our relationship goes public?”
“No, not at all. Only if you want to.” I replied, closing my eyes and memorizing his scent.
“That's why I'm asking you.”
“Well, it would make our relationship easier to handle in public, I guess.” I said, looking up into his green eyes.
“Do you think it would make it easier to do this?” He said, leaning down and kissing me on the lips.
We broke apart and I said, “Yes.”
“So let's do what we wouldn't normally do in public tonight, and if it doesn't get out that we are a couple, I will go to the press personally.”
“Okay.” I replied. I returned my lips back to his for all to see.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki