HouseMates by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Two weeks later, Carla had gotten along quite well with the guys and myself, and became close friends to all of us. Every afternoon, she would come over to our place after school just to watch videos, swim in the pool, do our homework, just to talk, or because she was bored and so were we. It was now, another Friday afternoon after school, and I was waiting for Carla to come over from her place and over to ours. She usually shows up around 4pm, but it was now 4:25. I wondered what was taking her so long. About 5 minutes later the doorbell rang. It was Carla. Her eyes were red, puffy and bloodshot; I could tell she had been crying.

“Oh, my god Carla, what's wrong?” I asked her.

“Are the guys home?” She asked me back.

“No, they are still at the studio recording or something like that, why?”

“Good, I don't want them to be here at the moment.”

“Come in and tell me what's on your mind, cause they'll be another hour or two.” I said, stepping out of the doorway and letting her in. I closed the door behind her and we sat on the couch.

“Where do I start?” She asked.

“The beginning is always a good place to start, so start there.”

“Ok, umm, well, my parents are going to England and the end of the month.”

“The end of the month is next week. What's so bad about them going to England?”

“You see, the thing is, they are going to England and staying there, meaning they aren't gonna come back here. Also, the other thing is that since I have no other brothers or sisters or relatives here, I have to go with them.” More tears came to her eyes. I reached over the back of the couch to the table behind it and picked up the box of tissues and handed them to Carla. She grabbed one and dried her eyes.

“You can always stay here with me if you want.” I said giving her a hug.

“Yeah I know, but heck, you are the same age as me. You can't be my guardian anyway, I'm older than you.” She let out a little laugh; that was a good sign.

“Now doesn't that suck. Hey, do you wanna ask the guys if they'll be our guardians. Not adopt us or anything, like we'll probably ask Chris, considering he's the oldest. That way, you can stay here, we will both have guardians since my parents moved away too, and we'll also be together as one big family of seven!” I said with a huge smile on my face.

We heard noises coming down the stairs and saw all four dogs running down them. “Make that a big happy family of eleven!” Carla said. Her eyes were no longer as bloodshot, red and puffy, and she had laughter back instead of sadness.

“How about we sit down with a huge bowl of ice cream and watch Cruel Intentions until we can't get enough of Ryan!” I said getting up from the couch. Cruel Intentions is one of the things we found out about each other that we had in common; it was our favourite movie of all time. We headed into the kitchen, helped ourselves to the ice cream, walked into the rumpus room, and pulled up a beanbag each. I found the Cruel Intentions DVD, put it into the DVD player, turned the TV on, pressed play and joined Carla on the floor. We sat and watched Cruel Intentions over and over again, for the rest of the afternoon.

The rumpus room was quite large and colourful. There was a pool table in the middle of the room, one long three-seater couch, two armchairs, and a pile of beanbags in one corner. In another corner was a home theatre. There was the TV with a wide screen, DVD player, surround sound, a big stereo system and also a projector to enlarge the movies if we wanted. Carla and I just stuck with the wide-screen TV.

It was later than I expected when the guys got home. Carla was asleep by this stage and she didn't wake up when they came into the room.

“Shh!” I whispered to them.

“Sorry!” They whispered and put their things down lightly on the ground near the door.

“Why we shushing for?” Justin asked as he headed for the couch. I pointed to Carla and he saw that she was asleep. “Oh.” He said.

“Something's up with her, what is it Montana.” Lance asked. He always had this thing for knowing when `something was up' with people.

“Well, her parents are moving to England, and she really wants to stay, but the only way she can is if she has a guardian over here. If I was old enough, I would be her guardian, but since I'm not, I can't be.” I said. Then I smiled, and looked at Chris. Everyone was catching my drift and all look towards Chris who was looking through his bag.

“What?” Chris said, noticing we were all looking at him.

“Can you become the guardian of Carla? Please, it would mean so much to me!” I asked him.

“What? Her guardian?” Chris asked, raising his voice a little.

“Yeah, come on Chris, we'll all be the guardian of her, all that's gonna be different, is that your name is going to be on the paper, not ours.” JC said.

“Hang on, who's your guardian firstly Montana?” Chris asked.

“You see, I sorta don't have on either. I need one too, but I'm more concerned about Carla at the moment.” I said looking at Carla sleeping peacefully.

“Hey Chris, why don't we get both of them under your name, so it's over and done with. I mean, we are practically already the guardians of Montana since we live with her and everything. Her parents are in…are in…where are they again?” Joey asked.

“Australia.” I replied.

“In Australia,” Joey continued, “it's nothing really, just a few pieces of paper to read and sign, not like we haven't done that before or anything, so why does this time matter?”

“Look, fine, I'll be the guardian of both of you two, since I feel like I'm the guardian of the other four here.” Chris said. The rest of us sorta let out a little cry of joy with a hint of a scream in there too. Carla started to wake a little.

“What's going on?” Carla asked sleepily.

Justin jumped off the couch and onto Carla. “YOU'RESTAYINGWITHUSANDCHRISISGOINGTOBECOMEYOURGUARDIAN!”

“Justin! Get off me! What’d you say?” She asked, trying to push Justin's long body frame of her. She stopped trying once she realized what Justin had said. “You mean, I can stay? Chris is going to become my guardian?!”

"Yep, that's what I said!” Justin said back, still on top of Carla.

“OH MY GOD!” Carla said. She embraced Justin in a quick hug because she was so excited. Joey wanted to join, so he jumped on top of Justin. We all decided to get in on this so we ended up having a massive pile of bodies on the floor of the rumpus. Just then, the phone rang.

“Hello?” I said into the receiver.

“Montana, hey, it's mum. Just letting you know, we are gonna drop by next week to see how you are doing and just to catch up on the latest. I'm sorry that we now live in Australia and we left you in America.”

“It's okay mum, really it is. Hey, speaking of the latest, can I still live here?” I asked her.

“I don't know, cause you are only still 17 and don't have any guardians.”

“Well, you see mum, Chris has offered to become my guardian.”

“Chris? Who's Chris?”

“Chris, he lives with me and the others. Don't worry, I'll introduce you to them all when you come up. When are you coming up again?”

“Next week on Thursday at midday.”

“Ok then, well, I better go, so I guess I'll see you on Thursday at midday then. Love you.”

“Yep, love you too. Bye.”

“Bye.” I said and put the phone back down. “Hey guys!” I yelled over the top of their voices. A numerous number of `what's' came from all over the place. “My parents are coming here next week on Thursday.”

“Yay, we get to meet mummy and daddy Jordan!” Chris said in a little child voice.

‘Oh I can't wait.' I said to myself and went in and joined on the fun.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki