HouseMates by Bassra


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"Okay mum, you'll be arriving when?...Okay, that sounds great...yep, meet you at the airport at midday at gate 21...yes, we'll try and park close...okay, love you, bye!" I clicked off the phone and place it down on the bench. I was sitting on top of the kitchen bench while Lance made us some 'early' lunch since he was taking me to the airport. The others decided to go out for a while, but I said that I was going to stay home and clean up a bit. Lance said that since he was taking me to the airport, he would stay behind and help out too. The main thing we had to clean up was the room my parents would stay in. The size of the house still amazed me. Since there were six bedrooms on the second floor, I had no idea how many more bedrooms there were going to be. I decided to search the downstairs area firstly. I had found another bedroom earlier and Carla was slowly moving into. The next door along was the linen closet, and the door after that was another bedroom. We both decided that my parents would stay in there, so we moved out the unnecessary things, gave the bed new sheets, vacuumed, dusted and did whatever else needed to be done. We did that earlier in the morning and now, we decided to get something to eat. So here we are. Lance was making us sandwiches because my mum rang up.

"Don't you hate it when parents think they always know what the better thing is to do for yourself?" Lance asked handing me a plate with a completed sandwich on it.

"Definitely." I replied taking the plate of Lance, picking up the sandwich and then taking a bite. Lance had made us some chicken (from last night's dinner), mayo, lettuce, tomato and cheese sandwiches. "We have another hour or so before we have to leave, so what do you want to do?" I asked with some sandwich in my mouth.

"Since we did some exploring this morning, how about we continue our little adventure and search some more?"

"Sounds great." I said. We sat there, talked a bit more, and finished our sandwiches. "Let's go!"

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going!" Lance said, following me upstairs. Once we reached the top of the stairs, Lance questioned my directions. "Hey, we already know what's on this floor. It's just bedrooms."

"Yeah, but what is behind the last door?" I asked him, making my way down the hallway. He just shrugged and jogged quickly to catch up with me. Once we reached the door, I looked at him and then back to the door. I placed my hand on top of the doorknob, turned it and opened it and walked in. We entered into a small room. In one corner there was a spiral staircase that led up and another door. I headed to the other door, turned the knob and opened it up. Inside was a huge room, with mirrors along each wall and a great big black grand piano in one corner. I figured this was the room above the pool.

"How cool!" Lance said walking in further. He walked over to the opposite side to where the door was and looked closely into the mirror. "Hey, you can see outside!" He said, pointing to something outside. I walked over to where he was standing and directed my gaze to outside. I could see the whole back yard from here. I could see the tennis court, a half basketball court, a small lake further down and green grass.

"This place is huge!" I said quietly.

"What, do you mean, you have no idea how big this place is at all? How did you get to live here then?" Lance asked me, looking into the side of my head.

I felt his eyes on me, so I turned and looked into his green eyes. "I really have no idea. My parents told me to pick out of three names. The one that I picked happened to be the name of this street, so I ended up with this house. Really, I don't know why this house, or why me?"

"Cause you are special, that's why." Lance said. There was a sudden awkward silence. Lance was the first to break it, "Look at the time, we better go and pick your parents up." He headed for the door and I followed him. I wrote a note to say where we had gone and placed it on the kitchen bench.

The drive to the airport was a fairly long drive.

"So," I said, gazing over in his direction as he watched the road in front of him, "why did you answer my ad in the paper?"

"Well, I was looking for a place to stay and your ad grabbed my attention. I read it through a few times, and I was a bit weary of the fact of I didn't know who you were, but I thought it shouldn't worry too much considering that I wouldn't be around for that long during the day, so I guess it really didn't matter. I was a bit questionable at first when I saw you at the front door, but I guess I over came the fear when I saw how fast you clicked with the other guys, so I thought, what the heck and stayed." He said, occasionally glancing my way. By the time I noticed that we had actually left home, we were at the airport. We parked as close as we could. Lance reached behind to the backseat, picked up a pair of sunglasses and a hat. That was his 'disguise', to dodge the fans.

"Love the look, Bass." I said as we walked through the car park. "Sure those fans won’t know it's the real Lance Bass, cause you don't convince me one bit with the whole disguise… look…thing, going on there."

"Well, maybe the fans won't attack me cause I'm here with someone else, the other guys aren't here and we haven't told the airport that I'm coming."

"Here with someone else, you mean me? What do I have to do with anything?"

"Well, I'm not here as I said with the other guys, I'm here with you. You aren't famous so they probably won’t pay a lot of attention anyway. They would probably pass me off as being your boyfriend probably."

"My boyfriend? What makes you think that?"

"Cause, another disguise we can create is if we hold hands. That sound like a better disguise?"

"No not really, but I'm only gonna do this for your sake, so the fans don't mob you." I said taking his hand as we walked into the airport and headed for gate 21. We waited patiently for my parents to get off, and when they finally did, "MUM! DAD! OVER HERE!" I screamed out. Lance added for effect how loudly I screamed but placing his finger into his ear and giving it a little wiggle. Our hands were still connected. We didn't let go until my mum came over to give me a hug and my dad gave Lance a handshake. Then it swapped. Mum gave Lance a hug, even though she didn't know him at all and dad came and gave me a hug. "Introductions later in a not so public place." I quickly said. After we got the rest of their luggage, we headed back to the car, loaded it with the luggage, climbed in and headed home.

"You aren't Chris, are you?" Mum asked.

"No, ma`am, I'm not, I'm Lance Bass. The other person that you are referring too is Chris Kirkpatrick, I'm sure you'll meet him later when we get back home." Lance said, gazing into the rear vision mirror to look at my mum. My dad was in the front passenger seat, I was in the back behind Lance and mum was behind dad.

"Who's he then?" Mum leaned over closer to me and whispered, pointing at Lance.

"He lives with me." I whispered my reply back.

"So who else do you live with?" Dad asked.

"Well, I live with Lance, Chris, Joey, JC, Justin and Carla." I said.

"Oh ok." Dad said, mum just nodded her head.

"Oh and Busta, Korea, Bacardi and Bundy." I continued. Both mum and dad had a funny look on their face. "Don't worry, they are the dogs." Mum and dad just nodded their heads. There was mainly silence for the rest of the trip, the radio filling in the silent breaks.

"We're here." Lance said, pulling into the driveway. "And it looks like everyone's here." Lance said, noticing the number of cars near the front door. "A lot more introductions to be made."

We got the luggage out of the car and headed inside. Lance and I placed their luggage into the room that they would be staying in and joined everyone else in the lounge room.

"Ok everyone, these are my parents, Catherine and Sebastian Valmont. Mum, dad, this is Chris Kirkpatrick, Joshua Chasez, or JC, which ever you prefer, and Joey Fatone, Justin Timberlake, Carla Bergielake and you met Lance before." I said, pointing to each of them as I said their names.

"Hang on, you said before that your last name was Jordan, and your parents' last names are Valmont. Explain." Chris asked me.

"Well, I decided to use my mother's maiden name cause they gave the chance to decide on which one should be my last name. I prefer Jordan over Valmont, so I picked Jordan. But my full name is Montana Rae Jordan Valmont. Is that better?" I replied.

"Yeah, I guess so." Chris replied.

Later that night, Carla's parents came over to discuss Chris becoming our guardian. Both parents agreed after we all pleaded our hearts out, so Chris was about to become out guardian, which meant that Carla and I would become sisters, well, sort of. After a few talks over tea and coffee, it was getting late and everyone was getting tired. Carla's parents decided to go home for the night, while everyone else went to their own rooms.

Carla's parents left for England on the Friday after my parents came. My parent's were only staying a week. Before I knew it the week was over and we were back at the airport waving my parents off. Lance came with me again and he convinced me back to the handholding disguise. He stated that we should do that 'until further notice'. 'How long was that going to be?' I thought to myself, but deep down, I didn't mind at all. On the way back home, Lance and I decided to go to the video store to grab a few videos to watch, some chocolate, ice-cream and chips to eat while we watched the videos. As soon as we opened the front door to the house, the phone rang. I had my hands full with the groceries and Lance only had the videos. I had to quickly put the ice-cream into the freezer or it was going to melt. No one else was home.

"Lance, can you grab the phone?!" I yelled out to Lance.

"Yep." Lance answered it for me. "Hello?"

"Hello, my name is Melissa Church-Hill, and I was wondering if you were family or relatives of Mr and Mrs Sebastian and Catherine Valmont?"

"Yes I am. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I regret to tell you this, but their flight to Australia hit heavy storm." By this stage, Lance prepared for the worst. "I don't know how to put this, but I shall give it to you straight. Lightening struck the planes' engine and it blew up, mid-air. There were no survivors. I am so sorry for you and your family to hear such a thing." Lance let a tear run down his face.

"Th...thank you for informing me."

"Well, I'll let you go now, cause I have more phone calls to make."

"Ok, bye." Lance said and clicked off the phone.

The others had left a note on the kitchen bench. They had gone out to the mall. I grabbed the chocolate and chips and walked back into the room, and said, "The others have gone out to the mall." Lance had his back to me and he didn't turn around. "Who was that on the phone?" Lance turned and faced me and I saw that he had a tear down his face. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"You...you better sit down." Lance said grabbing my hand and leading me to the couch.

"What?" I asked him, I was getting worried now. He took the chips and chocolate out of my hands and put them down onto the coffee table.

"That was Melissa Church-Hill on the phone. She rang up to tell you that...that your parents are dead." Tears were coming to my eyes. I couldn't believe it. Lance continued, "About twenty minutes into the flight, they hit a bad storm. Lightening struck the planes' engine and the plane blew up, mid-air. There were no survivors." Lance managed to choke out.

I just sat there and didn't believe it. I looked into Lance's eyes and saw that he was telling the truth. I felt like I was crushed by a grand piano. Out of sadness and confusion, I started to hit Lance yelling, "TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK! SAY IT ISN'T SO!" I continued to hit him. Lance tried to grab my arms and tried to quiet me down. Once I had no more strength left, I cracked and cried as hard as I could. Lance pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. My hands were stuck in between our bodies, but all I did was cling onto his shirt harder and wet his shirt from my tears.

"It's okay Montana, I'm here. Shh, I'm here..." He faded out rocking me gently back and forth on the couch. Lance had managed to get me onto his lap and my head was on his shoulder. I was sitting on him side on with my left side against his body. Eventually, I calmed down a bit and quietly sobbed myself to sleep, but Lance still remained awake, rocking me gently back and forth, and now letting his tears of sadness and pain for me, run down his face.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki