At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Eight

The feeling of his wife’s warm body pressed against him made it so that he never wanted to move. The two of them had spent the evening together, showing their love for one another in many ways. It had been a perfect ending to a perfect day.

Looking over her gorgeous face as she slept, he felt blessed. Not only did he have a wonderful daughter, but he’d found his true love at a young age and had managed to snag her before she got a way. Things couldn’t be better.

The only thing that could complete their family was a new addition that he just prayed for. He knew if Jen was unable to have a baby, she would be absolutely crushed.

“Morning,” she greeted softly, opening her eyes. She’d been in and out of sleep for the last hour, and feeling his eyes on her… she knew it was time to wake up.

“G’morning, baby. How’d you sleep?”

“Wonderfully,” she told him with a smile as she stretched out. He looked over her body appreciatively before leaning over to kiss her once more.

“Ew. Morning breath,” he teased, propping himself up with his elbow as he looked over her face. She rolled her eyes playfully and turned her head to gaze up at him.

“How did you sleep?” She asked, giving him a sweet smile. Although she knew that the two of them should really get up and get dressed before they were discovered by his four year old daughter, she could not bring herself to move.

“I slept well,” he told her with a smile as he leaned over to kiss her once more. He could not get enough of her kisses. “Do we really have to get up?” he asked, sticking his lower lip out in a pout.

“I’m ‘fraid so, my love. Your daughter will be up soon,” she reminded him. He let out a groan and rolled over so that he was on his back.

“I don’t wanna move!”

“Believe me, after last night, neither do I,” she agreed. She sighed and pushed herself up, walking over to the dresser to find a clean pair of clothes for the day. “Do we have plans for the day?” She asked, looking over her shoulder at him.

“Nope. I thought we could just lounge around the house. Maybe take a ride later on,” he suggested with a smile. She gave him a nod and smile and headed into the bathroom to dress. Sighing softly, JC pushed himself up and grabbed a pair of his own clothes before following his wife into the bathroom to relish the few moments of silence they still had.

~*~

A Few Days Later…

It had been the longest few days of his life. JC had been back in the studio with the guys, trying to get some work accomplished. He’d been so upset with Jive. He had been in the midst of trying to release his CD when the group had decided to reunite and work on some more tracks to lay down for the fans. Jive was taking HIS songs to put to the group. Songs that they wouldn’t think of putting out for his solo debut, they were giving to the group. They were being rearranged and made so that they would fit the intricate five part harmonies that NSYNC was famous for.

There had been a lot of anger and a lot of sadness over the last few days. He truly felt like he’d been betrayed by this record company, the company that had been the savior of the group just a few years prior. And he knew why: Because he wasn’t Justin.

Jen had felt absolutely helpless when it came to what her husband was feeling. He would come home from the studio and lock himself downstairs. Julie was beginning to miss her daddy, though Jen didn’t dare interrupt him. She had no idea what she could do or say to make him feel better, so she did nothing. She waited for him to come to her. And he did.

On the fifth day of his new routine, Jen had left his dinner out as usual and had gotten Julie ready for bed. She’d put her down and had gone into her own room to shower and get ready for the night. She was surprised to find her husband on the bed waiting for her. It was so surprising to see him there, as he usually didn’t come to bed until she was asleep.

“Hi,” he said softly, not looking at her.

“Hey. Did you get your dinner?”

“I did, thanks. I came up right after you’d cleaned up. I was hoping to catch you but I…”

“Are you ready to talk?”

He looked up at her and his eyes were slightly red. His music had always been so important to him and he just felt… completely robbed. He didn’t blame Justin, of course. He didn’t blame Justin, he didn’t blame Chris, or Joey or Lance. No, he blamed Jive.

“It’s not fair, Jen. I sat by for months while Justin did his thing. I supported him 100% and then Jive brought the idea up for me to do the solo thing. I didn’t even want to! They get me all into it and then they completely nix the idea. It’s not fair!”

“I don’t know what to tell you, honey. I know you hurt and betrayed you feel, but at this point, there’s nothing you can do, is there?”

“No. If I tried to fight this, they could drop us in a heartbeat. And it’s not fair to the guys.”

“Then the only thing I can suggest is to discuss it with them, Jace. I’m sure you’ve been keeping all this to yourself and that’s not helping a thing,” she said softly. She held her arms out and pulled him to her, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. “I love you Josh. You know that anything you decide, I’m there 100%. But you need to talk it over with them.”

“How come you make things seem so simple?”

“Because I’m the smart one,” she teased, happy when she managed to get a small smile out of him.

“I love you Jen. You always make things better.”

“That’s my job! Now go to sleep. Hopefully, everything will look better in the morning.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki