At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Twelve

JC was driving her insane. For the past week, Jen had followed her doctor’s orders to a T, not that she had any other choice. Any time she turned her head, there he was just “checking on her”. Which, in JC speak, meant that he was spying to make sure she was following the instructions to stay off her feet.

She thought she was getting a break when he had decided to take Julie out to dinner and dessert. She felt like she would finally get a break from all his constant hounding. It would definitely be a welcomed evening.

Jen was laying in bed, her feet propped up with a magazine resting next to her when JC poked his head into the room.

“Hey hon.”

“You getting ready to go?”

“Yep. You want me to bring you back anything?”

“No. I think I’m just gonna head downstairs to the couch later for a change of scenery. I’ll order a pizza.”

“Jen… just to the couch and the door, right? You’re not going to be walking around, trying to clean are you?”

With a loud sigh, Jen rolled her eyes and dropped her head back to the pillow.

“Have I tried to sneak past you once this week?”

“No.”

“So what makes you think I’m going to, Josh? I don’t want to do anything to hurt our baby and it that means taking it easy, fine. Just please stop pestering me.”

He bit his lip and nodded. He knew she was right. He mentally kicked himself, however, for a decision that he’d made earlier that day. A decision that she was not going to like…

“Honey?”

“Yes?”

“Umm… if you need anything, Brandon’s downstairs…”

“YOU CALLED MY BROTHER?”

“Will you just…”

“I cannot believe you! Even when you aren’t here, you’re trying to spy on me! Of all the rotten”“

“But Jen! I didn’t wanna just leave you here! I don’t know how long we’ll be gone!”

“For the past WEEK, Joshua! A WEEK you’ve spied on me, you’ve treated me like a child rather than your wife! And I’ve allowed it, I know that you’re just worried for my and the baby’s safety but JESUS! Of all the rude, inconsiderate, overbearing things you could have done, and you brought in a BABYSITTER!”

“Jennifer! It’s not like that!”

“Oh blow it out your ass! I’m tired of this, JC. I really am. I’m your wife, not your second child.” Pushing herself up, she grabbed her pillow, her blanket, and her magazine before storming out of the room quickly”well, as quickly as she could considering the extra weight she was carrying.

Everything inside of him was telling him to follow after her, demand that she never speak to him that way again, but he knew that wouldn’t be right. He was partially paralyzed with shock that she’d actually cursed at him. He shook his head and sighed, determined to figure out some way to make it up to her later… if she was still speaking to him!

~*~

“You’re finally finished pouting?”

“Get out of my house.”

“Nope. I’ve got orders from the boss man not to let you outta my sight. My God you’ve gotten big.”

Narrowing her eyes at her older brother, Jen crossed her arms over her chest. She had just come downstairs to order her pizza and was surprised to see her brother still sitting there. She was not in a happy mood and did not appreciate being called “big” by him. He could see that he’d offended her.

“Aww come on Jenny! I didn’t mean it that way.”

Having known Jen for a number of years”since she was born, actually”he’d never known her to be this upset over everything. He held his arms out for her and watched as she waddled towards him, falling down onto the couch beside him.

“I’m so frustrated, B. I don’t know what to do here. I’m so fat and I feel disgusting. JC doesn’t even come near me anymore unless it’s to make sure that I’m sitting. And that’s another thing! I’m really happy to see you, Brandon, but not under the circumstances! It’s not fair that he’s treating me like this! I get so sick of it! I don’t need a babysitter.”

“I understand”“

“NO! You don’t! That’s the thing! Everyone thinks they understand! I’m so active all the time, Brandon. And it’s killing me to just sit here! I’m so tired of this house! He won’t even let me go out for a RIDE with him in the car! I hate it!”

“You want me to kick his ass, Jen?”

“That’s not funny.”

“I’m not kidding. You sound unhappy Jenny. I warned him before he married you that he’d better never”“

“Oh God Brandon! I’m not unhappy with HIM. I’m unhappy being a big fat whale who can’t go out of the house!”

Biting his lower lip, Brandon looked over his sister’s face. He knew how nerve-wracking it must have been for her to go from being 100% active to completely motionless. He felt bad for her and he needed to do something about it.

“Go put a sweatshirt on.”

“What?”

“It’s a little chilly out. Go put a sweater on. I’m taking you out for pizza and ice cream. Hurry up before I change my mind!”

Throwing her arms around his neck, Jen could have cried. Brandon felt his heart ache for his sister. No one should get THAT much enjoyment out of a little time away from the house. He watched as she waddled up the stairs and shook his head. He needed to have a nice long talk with that husband of hers!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki