At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Fourteen

**AN: Before I begin the chapter, I want to say (or type, as the case may be) a special thank you to everyone who’s taken time to review this story. “Becoming Daddy” was a fun story to write. It came to me easily. This one? Not so much. But everyone who’s reviewed has kept me going, made me want to keep writing and I can definitely say that without the reviews, this story would have been kaput. Thank you all so much!**

“Daddy?”

“Hmm?”

“I changeded my mind.”

“About what, baby?”

“I doesn’t wants a brover or sis’er anymowe.” Looking down at his daughter, JC tried desperately to suppress his smile. He knew that his daughter was most likely coming to grips with the fact that she was going to have to share her father’s attention with a new baby in just a few weeks. And as stingy as she was when it came to her daddy, that was not sitting well with her.

“It’s a little late to change your mind, honey. The new baby’s going to be here in just a few weeks.” He was surprised when he noticed his daughter’s eyes filling with tears. “What’s the matter? Don’t cry.”

“You doesn’t wuv me anymowe!” She sobbed, throwing herself against his legs, pressing her little face against him as she sobbed loudly. JC was hard pressed not to roll his eyes. There she goes again with her theatrics. He needed to get this kid in an acting class, stat!

He reached down to lift Julie into his arms, cradling the crying child as he humored her.

“Oh that’s not true, Julie! Why would you say that?”

“Y-you makes me hab a brover or sis’er a-and den you won’t wuv me anymowe ‘c-cuz you wuv dem mowe!” She wailed.

“Aw princess! I’ll always love you,” he promised. He walked over to the couch and took a seat, holding her on his knee. “Jenny and I are going to be VERY busy when the new baby comes, but I promise it doesn’t mean we love you any less. We both love you VERY much and no one can replace you, honey.”

“Daddy?”

“Hmm?”

“Can we go gets ice cweam?” Rolling his eyes, JC laughed as she reached up to rub her eyes and blink sadly at him. So this is what the little “you don’t love me” show was about. How could he say no to a face like that? Oh yeah. She’d definitely managed to get him wrapped.

~*~

Wandering downstairs, Jen brought her hand up to rub her tired face. She was just two weeks away from her due date and was constantly exhausted. She hated it.

“Hey baby.”

Giving her husband a smile, she waddled over to the couch and sank down beside him. She didn’t open her mouth to speak, she had nothing to say. Squinting her eyes, she glanced over at the clock. IT was nearly 6:30. She’d planned on taking a half an hour nap and had ended up sleeping the whole day away!

“Why didn’t you wake me?” She asked, covering her mouth to stifle a yawn.

“You needed sleep. You look absolutely exhausted, still.” He commented. He leaned over and rubbed her belly gently. “How are you feeling?”

“Crampy.”

He frowned with her response. He’d been even more over-protective of her these last few days. Every ache and pain she had, he was ready to rush her to the hospital.

“Do you think we”“

“No,” she responded firmly. “I’m gonna go get something to eat. Can you help me up?”

“Let me go grab you something. I saved some dinner for you baby,” he told her, giving her belly a final pat before he stood up. He dropped a kiss to the top of her head as he headed into the kitchen.

Seconds later, upon feeling a wetness between her legs, she glanced down. Maybe she’d been wrong.

“Jace?” She called, her heart thumping in her chest. This was it.

Hearing the panic in her voice, JC dropped what he was doing and hurried into her.

“I was wrong…” she told him, her eyes wide. He was unsure of what he meant until he noticed the wet spot.

“Oh my God. Okay, okay.” He took a deep breath to calm himself and dialed the doctor’s number to let her know they were heading to the hospital before he rushed upstairs to grab Julie. When he came back down, he got his daughter situated in the car before he came back in to help his pregnant wife out to the car.

Speeding towards the hospital, he held his phone up to his ear as he dialed various family members to inform them.

“Jesus Jace! Put the phone down and watch the road!” Jen whimpered, after he nearly clipped the third car. Glancing over at her, he signaled for her to be quiet as he spoke to his own mother, who was going to fly down immediately.

“JOSHUA! PUT THE PHONE DOWN!” She yelled, gripping the seatbelt. She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer to make it to the hospital in one piece! Idiot men should not be allowed to drive when their wife was in labor! No sir!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki