At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Sixteen

His heart was pounding in his chest as he held the baby in his arms awkwardly, his attention focused on his wife who didn’t seem to moving. But she couldn’t be…?

His eyes were wide as he turned and was met by a nurse who snatched his daughter from his arms.

“Mr. Chasez, we need you to leave the room now,” she demanded, her voice leaving no room for an argument. Another nurse had come up to usher him out of the room, closing the door behind him. He was left in a stunned silence.

When he entered the waiting room, his face was pale, his hands were shaking. Everyone had stood up, sure that he was coming to deliver the good news about his child. No one was prepared for the tears that he had begun to shed.

“Honey? What’s the matter?” Karen asked, hurrying over to her oldest son. She wrapped her arms around his thin frame and looked up at him. She prayed that her grandchild was fine. That couldn’t be the reason for his tears, right?

“Jen… she…”

Upon hearing her daughter’s name, Kelly rushed over to JC.

“What’s the matter with my little girl?” She asked, quickly joined by her husband and two sons. JC looked over to his wife’s family.

“I don’t know!” He managed to get out. “She… the baby… Jen… I don’t know,” he repeated, his entire body shaking as he broke down.

~*~

It had taken quite a bit of time to get JC calmed down to the point where he could speak. Julie had woken up to the sound of her father’s cries, but had been removed from the scene by Chris. He didn’t want the little girl to witness her father’s broken demeanor. He only hoped that one of the other’s had enough common courtesy to fill him in on the situation once some light had been shed.

JC had explained that Jen had little difficulty giving birth. He described in great detail how perfect and beautiful the newest addition to his family was though when it came time to explain the reason for his tears, he felt himself getting upset again.

“She… the nurse gave the baby to Jen and she just… she told me to take her and she fell back against the pillows and closed her eyes and they made me leave and I don’t know if she’s okay!” He cried, burying his face against his mother’s chest as he was comforted by his father and band mates.

Jen’s family had huddled in a corner after the explanation. Her mother was a complete wreck. Her daughter was going to be okay, right? She had to be.

Two very long hours had passed. Joey and Justin had gone to inform Chris of the situation and had relayed JC’s wishes for him to take Julie home and to keep her away from the hospital until more was known. With a heavy heart, Chris had left, though not before making Justin and Joey swear to call him on any new developments.

“Mr. Chasez?”

Although the voice had addressed JC specifically, everyone had looked up I anticipation. It was obvious that everyone was beyond devastated by the revelation that Jen may be less than okay, but the doctor concentrated solely on the husband.

“Mr. Chasez, Jen’s doing well.”

A collective sigh of relief could be heard around the room as JC stood and walked over to the doctor. His legs were shaking terribly as he followed the woman into the hallway so that she could explain the situation.

“Mrs. Chasez tore terribly during the birth. The reason for her falling unconscious was that she’d lost a tremendous amount of blood, leaving her weak. We managed to get her patched up and hooked up onto some IVs. She’s doing much better and you’re more than welcome to see her whenever you wish.”

He nodded. “I just… I need to tell everyone… but I…I’ll be right back to see her. Thank you so much.”

JC had turned to go back into the waiting room, but stopped when he heard the doctor’s voice once more.

“Congratulations on your daughter, sir. She truly is a beauty.”

With a smile on his face and a slight spring in his step now that he knew all was well, he headed back into the waiting room to relay the happy news before he headed in to see his wife.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki