At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seventeen

When he poked his head into the room, he was relieved to see that his wife was awake. He pushed the door completely open and stepped inside, giving her a small smile.

“You scared me,” he said quietly, careful not to scare her. She turned her head in his direction and gave him a small smile.

“Hey,” she said softly. “I didn’t mean to,” she told him quietly. He walked over to his wife’s side and reached for her hand. She looked completely worn out, though that was to be expected.

“Everyone wants to come see you, but I forbade it for right now. You need to rest and having 8 million visitors coming through will keep you from that,” he explained, leaning over the bedside to kiss her forehead gently.

“Thank you.”

“Can I get you anything, honey?”

“My daughter. I want to have a good look at her. And we need to give them a name,” she reminded him gently. Even though the couple had sat down many months ago to come up with names for both sexes, they’d not come to a solid decision yet. He gave her a smile and nodded.

“I’ll go find a nurse.”

~*~

The minute that Jen set eyes on her beautiful daughter, the perfect name came to mind. It wasn’t one that they’d discussed previously but it seemed to fit.

“I want to name her Abbi.”

“What?”

“Abigail Nicole, actually. But we’ll call her Abbi for short.”

A smile formed on JC’s face. He’d never been able to agree with Jen on her choice of names, but he had to agree that Abigail was actually too cute. Not that he would tell her no or anything, after all she’d been through, but it was a good name.

“Abigail Nicole Chasez. Whaddya think, Abbi? Do you like it?” He asked the baby, leaning over to kiss her forehead gently.

~*~

The announcement was made to the waiting room party that Jen and Abbi would be taking visitors later in the day. JC had sent everyone home to shower and change because he knew that they were all exhausted. He, however, had no plans to leave his wife’s side. He was perfectly content there.

He was sitting in the chair next to Jen’s bed as he held the tiny baby in his arms. She was perfect. He wondered for a moment if Julie had been this tiny. He leaned down to press a kiss to her head gently.

“You’re so beautiful Abbi. I don’t think there’s ever been a baby that’s as loved as you are, with the exception of Miss Julie, of course. She’s your sister. I can’t wait for you to meet her. You’re going to love her.”

He sighed as he looked over his daughter’s sleeping face. He truly felt blessed to have such a precious gift in his arms.

“You really are a blessing, baby. Your mommy was so worried about you, Abbi. We didn’t think we’d ever get to hold you in our eyes. However, I’m surprised you’re so tiny! I thought you would have been much bigger, judging by the size of mommy’s belly when you were in there,” he teased.

“I heard that,” Jen mumbled, her eyes still closed. Even though she’d been napping lightly, the sound of her husband’s voice had brought her from sleep. She couldn’t help but listen in to him speak to their daughter.

“See, Abbi. Mommy’s already trying to teach you bad manners. You should never listen in to other people’s conversations.”

“And you should never insult a woman who’s just given birth.”

“Aw honey, I wasn’t insulting you! I thought you were sexy with that big old belly.”

“Oh yeah, real sexy,” she smirked, stretching in the bed. She looked over at Abbi and smiled. “She’s perfect.”

“I know. You should have heard the nurses cooing over her earlier. She’s a beauty. Just like her mom.”

“Yeah well, you know, her daddy’s not too bad looking either.”

“No, I guess not. In fact, I find him to be one handsome devil,” he laughed.

“Not the least bit cocky either,” she responded dryly.

JC stood up, very careful with the baby in his arms, and passed her over to Jen. He leaned down to kiss his wife gently.

“I’m going to go make a phone call. See how Julie’s holding up. Will you be okay?”

“We’ll be fine, daddy,” she said with a smile.

“Alright mommy,” he told her, leaning over to kiss her once more. Hearing the word ‘mommy’ come from her husband’s lips truly made her heart swell. Nearly a year ago, he’d learned to become a daddy. And now, it was her to turn to become a mommy.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki