At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Epilogue

Julie sat in the chair of the kitchen, her arms crossed over her chest. She glanced over at her younger sister who was celebrating her first birthday. All around, family and the guys had gathered to help the little girl celebrate, though Julie did not like this one bit. It wasn’t fair that her sister got presents and she didn’t!

“Daddy!”

“Hang on just a second, sugar. Abbi’s about to bite into her cake.”

“But daddy…”

“Please baby, just one second.”

Scowling angrily, Julie huffed and sank down into her chair more. This was not fair! Why did a stupid little one year old get so much attention?! She couldn’t even talk!

She listened as everyone clapped, a scowl still on her face. It wasn’t fair. She slid down out of her seat and stomped out of the kitchen. Not like anyone noticed! They were probably too busy in there fussing over that stupid baby with cake all over her face!

She huffed and stomped into the living room before plopping herself down onto the couch. Oh, the woes of a six year old! No one paid her any attention! She looked up when she heard footsteps, and scowled at her father once more.

“Why are you acting like this?”

“It’s not fair daddy! No one even looked at me!” she pouted. “They were too busy staring at stupid, drooling Abbi! I hate her!”

“Julie… you don’t mean that, honey.”

“I do so! No one pays me any ‘ttention no more, daddy!”

“You shouldn’t say such hateful things about your sister. Please just come back in here,” he told her. “Abbi was upset that you left.”

She rolled her eyes and snorted. JC had to fight to roll his own. He had no idea what had gotten into her but he didn’t like it. He knew that his daughter was feeling overshadowed, but Jesus.

“I don’t wanna go see that stupid baby! I wished she was never borned!”

~*~

Julie was laying in bed, tossing and turning. She felt completely horrible for the things she’d said about her little sister. It wasn’t her fault that she was a dumb, droolin’ little baby, right? Outside, a storm raged and from her bed, she could hear the cries of her little sister. Surely her dad and step-mom heard her, right? When the cries didn’t cease, she got herself up out of bed and trudged into her sister’s room.

She was standing up in the crib, her head thrown back as she cried.

“Aw Abbi, don’t cry!” Julie cooed. Looking around, she noticed the garbage pail where her dirty diapers were kept. She pulled it over to the crib and climbed on top of it, peering down at her little sister. “It’s kay, Abbi. It’s just a dumb old storm. It can’t get ya,” she said, hugging her sister. “Come on. Lay down. It’s kay. The dumb old storm will go ‘way soon. That’s what daddy says.”

The child didn’t cease her crying and Julie was running out of ideas. Suddenly, one hit her and she smiled.

“Come on, Abbi. I’ll sing to ya like Jenny does. Lay down.” Clearing her throat, she had to think of the words that she’d heard Jen sing many nights. When she had the tune in her head, she opened her mouth and began to sing.

Baby mine, don't ya cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Ne’er to part, baby of mine
Li’l one…

“Oh man, I forgot the words! Hang on…” she poked her tongue out of the side of her mouth, trying desperately to remember. “Oh yeah!”

…when you play
Don't ya mind what ya say
Let them eyes sparkle an’ shine
Ne’er a tear, baby of mine

If they knew sweet li’l you
They'd end up lovin’ ya too
All them same people who scold you
What they'd give just for
The right to hold ya
From your head to your toes

With a smile, Julie reached over to grab Abbi’s toes, smiling when the little girl kicked her feet. She took a moment to remember the ending.

You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine

When she finished the song, she was pleased to see that her sister’s tears had subsided.

“Go to sleep, Abbi. That storm’ll stop. You know, you’re not s’bad, I guess. I s’pose I can get used to ya.”

“Wuv Joo-wee,” she cooed.

“Maybe I’ll just stay in here though. Just in case ya need me. Don’t wanna wake daddy and Jenny up. Daddy’s cranky when ya wake him up,” she informed her. “You gots lots of things to learn still. Maybe I can teach ya. But only if you ‘member that I’m the big sister. And I make the rules. So you gotta listen to me.”

With a yawn, she shoved the garbage pail out of the way and got comfortable on the floor.

“Nah, you’re not so bad. Maybe I’ll keep ya. For a little bit, anyway. I love ya Abbi. Even if you are a dumb, droolin’ little baby. G’night.”

From their place at the door, husband and wife both smiled at each other. Both had heard and seen everything that had taken place in the bedroom of their youngest daughter. Although they’d faced many trials together, they were finally a happy family at last.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki