At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Two

The next morning had come too early for JC. He and Jen had spent the night together, celebrating the fact that there would be a new addition to the family. He couldn’t believe that his wife was pregnant! It truly was a blessing.

He opened his eyes and blinked a few times, trying to rid himself of sleep. He smiled softly when he saw Jen there, sleeping soundly. There was nothing sexier than knowing the woman you loved was carrying your child in her belly. He leaned over to kiss her cheek gently and then climbed off the bed, careful not to wake her. He wanted to do something nice for her, and what better than to fix her breakfast?

~*~

He soon realized that fixing breakfast for his sleeping wife was NOT The nicest thing he could do. The nicest thing would have been to leave well enough alone and let her fix her own breakfast! At least then, she wouldn’t run the risk of being poisoned.

“Daddy? Was’ buwning?” Julie asked, rubbing her eyes as she stepped into the kitchen. He jumped at the voice. He didn’t even notice her.

“What? Nothing’s burning.”

“I smelled it upstaiws. Smells buwnt.”

“Nope. You want some…” he looked to the burnt pancakes that sat on the stove, “cereal?”

Pulling herself up onto the chair, she nodded. She’d been the unfortunate victim once before JC’s cooking and she wasn’t willing to become one again.

“I sink yes… Ceweal, peas.”

Sighing, he walked over to cabinet that held their boxed food items; he pulled down a box of Julie’s favorite cereal before grabbing a bowl.

“I get da miwks!” She told him, sliding down off of the chair. Just as JC opened his mouth to warn her not to do that, he heard a loud splattering sound and a sad ‘oops’. Closing his eyes, he turned and saw the spilled milk on the floor. Glancing over to the clock, he assessed the damage that had been done in the kitchen before looking back at his daughter.

“You know what I think?” He asked, grabbing a towel to wipe up the spilled milk. “I think we’re going to go out for breakfast. You wanna go see if you can get Jenny up?”

~*~

Almost an hour and a half had passed and Jen was STILL teasing JC about his less than average culinary skills.

“I swear Jace. You probably burn oatmeal!” She teased, sticking her tongue out of him playfully.

“Ha. Ha. Have you ever thought of stand-up?” He asked. When she shook her head no, he smirked. “Good. Don’t.”

“You’re such a little baby,” Jen taunted, looking back to Julie. “Isn’t he a big baby?”

Giggling, Julie nodded.

“Daddy is a big baby!”

“Gee, thanks a lot Jules. It’s nice to know whose side you’re on.”

“I’s on your side, daddy!” She told him, giving him a sweat smile when he glanced at her in the rearview mirror.

“Aww, thank you baby! Jen’s just being a big meanie, isn’t she?”

“No, daddy. You’s a big meanie! You buwnt da pancakes!”

“Can we forget about the stupid pancakes?”

~*~

No one forgot about the stupid pancakes. Jen and JC had invited the boys over for a late dinner that night so that they could break the news about the newest addition to the NSYNC family. They had waited until Julie was fast asleep before they had the guys over. They knew if Julie saw Chris, she’d never get to bed.

As they were sitting around the dining room table, feasting on pizza, Julie was telling the story about JC’s pancakes. They had been so burnt and so hard, that they made a loud clunking noise and crumbled when they were dropped on a plate. It was hilarious; even more so because of how embarrassed JC got over it.

“Well, now that Jen has completely embarrassed me, there WAS a reason for having you all over here. It obviously wasn’t for the company,” he smirked. He looked over to his wife who had fallen silent. She was a little nervous to share the news, especially since they hadn’t even done so with their parents yet. It was something that they didn’t want to do over the phone and at the present time, neither set of parents were in the state.

“Having Julie with us completely gave the two of us a new outlook on life. We had decided before the marriage that we weren’t going to”“

“What my long-winded husband is TRYING to say is that we’re pregnant. We’re going to have a baby,” Jen explained, a smile on her face. For an entire minute, the table was silent, much like it had been when Joey had announced that Kelly was expecting. However, in no time at all, cheers could be heard as they all rushed over to congratulate the newlyweds. This was wonderful news.

Having made the announcement, Jen had said her goodnights to the boys but had invited them to stay for awhile with JC. He wasn’t planning on going to bed just yet anyway. She headed up the steps to their bedroom and changed into her pajamas. As she pulled her shirt off, she allowed her eyes to linger on her stomach for a few extra moments, imagining how the flat surface would look in just a few months time. Running her hands over her belly, a small smile formed on her lips. She couldn’t wait.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki