At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Six

In an attempt to keep Jen’s mind off of her sadness and pain, JC had planned a huge day for her. It been just two days since the miscarriage, but already, there was a vast improvement in his wife. The two of them had talked things over the previous morning while Julie was still asleep and he knew that it really helped to allow her to vent. He knew, however, that there was still a lot of healing left.

So the previous night, while attempting to sleep, he’d come up with a nice idea to keep her mind off of things for awhile: he was sending Jen, her mother, and Courtney, another one of Jen’s good friends, to a day spa to be pampered. His wife definitely deserved it and he knew that it would be good for her to have two women to talk to.

As soon as his wife opened her eyes, he gave her a sweet smile.

“Good morning.”

“Mmm… what time is it? Did I sleep late again?” It was a very rare occasion that JC was up before her.

“Nope. But you need to hurry up and get dressed for the day. Your mother and Courtney will be here in about an hour.”

“What? Why?”

“Because, my dear,” he said, kissing her lips, “I am sending the three of you lovely ladies to the spa for the day,” he explained with a grin. Her eyes widened, Jen sat up, a smile on her face.

“You are? Oh my God, I love you!” she laughed, throwing her arms around his neck. Laughing, he shook his head and hugged her back.

“I love you too,” he told her, pulling away to look at her. “Now hurry up and get ready!” He told her. He was pleased to see the smile back on her face. For awhile there, he was afraid he’d never see it again.

~*~

The entire afternoon had been filled with preparation for the night’s events. JC had sent Jen away and Kelly had come over to collect Julie for the evening. She was having a sleep-over with Brianna. He felt truly horrible for sending his daughter away so often, but this was a night that he needed specifically for himself and his wife. When Kelly had arrived, Joey had showed up as well in a separate car. He was going to give JC a little lesson in ‘Cooking For Dummies 101’. This was definitely going to be a fun night!

When he heard a car pull into the driveway, followed by the sound of his wife’s laughter, JC said a silent prayer to God, begging him to let the evening go according to plan. He’d sent Joey away just minutes earlier, knowing that he would have things under control at this point.

He heard his wife’s confused voice calling out to him, but he didn’t dare speak from his place in the formal dining room. The lights had been turned off, the only light available being from a single candle on the front table.

Shaking her head, Jen put her purse down next to the candle. She noticed a note with her husband’s handwriting and picked it up, trying to read in the dim light. Shaking her head once more, she followed the note’s instructions and headed into the dining room. She felt her breath catch in her throat when she saw him.

He was standing by the table, dressed in a suit with a tie. His hair had been gelled to perfection. On the table was a beautiful dinner, two glasses of wine and two burning candles. It was a picture of perfection.

“What’s… what’s all this?”

“Dinner,” he responded simply. He walked to her and offered her his arm, giving her a smile. Leading her over to her seat, he lifted up a bouquet of roses and handed them to her. “For you, my love.” She felt the tears spring to her eyes immediately.

“Josh… you didn’t have to do all this.”

“I know I didn’t. I wanted to.”

He pulled her chair out and helped her to sit before he went to his own seat. He gave her a sweet smile. This was going better than he planned.

“How was your day?” He asked.

“Oh my God! It was wonderful! I felt so relaxed today. I needed that so much, thank you.”

Taking a bite of her food, she was pleasantly surprised. He must have ordered this from somewhere. He first thought upon seeing the food was that she hoped he’d not been the one who’d made it.

“Where’d you get this?”

“From the kitchen.”

“You mean you…?”

“With Joey’s help, yes. He gave me a little cooking lesson tonight. I even made dessert!”

“Aw honey! You’re too cute!”

“Hey, you deserve it Jen. You’ve taken such good care of me for over three years now. It’s about time that I begin to repay you.”

“You really didn’t have to.”

“I already told you. I know I didn’t have to. I wanted to. Now shut up and eat, woman!” He teased.

The dinner was had in a comfortable silence. It wasn’t until half-way through dessert that Jen spoke once more.

“Where’s Julie?”

“I sent her home with Kelly for the night. She’s having a sleep over with Brianna. This night is just about you and me,” he told her with a smile.

~*~

After dinner and dessert, the two moved the little party into the living room. JC held his wife in his arms, kissing the top of her head periodically.

“So did you enjoy tonight?”

“Tonight was absolutely perfect, Jace. I couldn’t have asked for a sweeter husband than you. Although… I do have a suggestion on how to end the night…”

“Oh yeah?” He asked slyly. He didn’t have to be told twice. He stood up and bent down to lift his wife in his arms. Carrying her up the steps and into their bedroom, the two of them shared a passionate kiss, prepared to spend the evening becoming reacquainted with each other in a tangle of sheets and bodies.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki