At Last by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 18
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seven

He was worried about his daughter. For the past few weeks, he had been concerned about his wife, so concerned with making sure that she was getting through this tragedy that he’d completely pushed his daughter off on other people. And it wasn’t fair.

It had taken three days for him to come up with a solution to remedy this problem: Jen was devoting a day to shopping with her mother. JC figured since his wife would be gone, it would be the perfect time to spend the entire day focused on just his daughter. It was perfect.

“Good morning, sunshine!” He greeted when he saw his daughter enter the kitchen. She gave him a sleepy smile and hoisted herself up onto a chair. He turned back to the stove to keep an eye on his eggs. Ever since Joey had given him the impromptu cooking lesson, he’d become much more skilled at the art of not burning things. It truly was a beautiful thing. “I hope you’re hungry! You need to eat… we’ve got a big day!”

“I go see Bwianna?”

“Nope. You’re staying with me today.”

“An’ Jenny?”

“Nope. Just me,” he grinned. He lifted the eggs from the pan and put them on the plate, cutting them up carefully for his daughter. Carrying the plate over to the table, he set it down in front of her. “I was thinking that we could… go shopping for a few new toys, go have lunch, maybe go see a movie…”

“An’ we go simmin’ in da pool?”

“Maybe when we get home, sure,” he smiled, leaning over to kiss her forehead. “Hurry up and eat though so we can get you all dressed for the day.”

~*~

Right from the beginning, he knew this was a wonderful idea. He’d not seen Julie so happy in a long time. It made him feel a little sad that he’d been kind of ignoring her lately, but he made a silent vow not to do that anymore.

“Daddy?”

“Hmm?” The father and daughter were on their way back to the house after a very long day. It had been wonderful, but tiring!

“I miss Jenny.” Hearing those words from his daughter had made his day! He was so worried that his daughter felt overshadowed by Jen, or that she didn’t really like Jen. To hear that she’d missed her really made him feel good inside.

“You wanna know something?” He asked, looking in the rearview mirror. He smiled when she nodded. “I miss Jenny too. But maybe if we’re lucky, when we get home, she’ll be there.”

Giving her father a sweet smile, Julie leaned back in her car seat and closed her eyes, sighing softly. She was glad to have her daddy back.

~*~

Pulling into the driveway, JC was pleased to see his wife’s car. He hurried to his daughter’s door and lifted her out of her car seat, cooing softly to her.

“We’re home sweetie,” he told her, kissing her forehead gently. She opened her eyes and wiggled in his arms to be put down.

“Daaaaad! I can wawk!” She told him, scowling. He let out a laugh and shook his head.

“So earlier, I was ‘daddy’. Now I’m just plain old ‘dad’. I’ve let you hang around with Jen for faaar too long, little lady,” he teased, shutting her door. He held his hand out for her and headed up to the front step, pushing the door open to the house.

“Jenny!” Julie called, running into the house.

“In here, sweetie!” JC heard. Julie ran for the kitchen, pushing the door open. He laughed at how excited she was and followed after her. He found his daughter with her arms thrown around his wife’s legs, looking up at her. “Hey!” Jen greeted, giving JC a smile. “How was your day?”

“We had a lot of fun. Julie missed you though,” he told her, walking to the fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water and twisted the cap off, taking a long sip. “How was your day?”

Jen leaned down to press a kiss to the top of Julie’s head before turning back to the counter where she was preparing dinner.

“Today was LONG. Boy, you think I like to shop? Try going with my mother sometime. Even I got tired after awhile,” she laughed. Rolling his eyes playfully, JC came up behind his wife and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her back against his chest.

“And how are YOU?” He asked softly. Turning to face him, Jen smiled and put her hands on his chest to push him back gently.

“I’m much better,” she told him. “I really am,” she clarified when she saw the look on his face. She leaned over for a soft kiss, but the pair was interrupted by the impatient little growl from the child between them.

“Daddy! We go simmin’ now!” Rolling his eyes once more, he gave Jen a sly smile.

“Call us when dinner’s done?”

“You know it. Have fun guys. And be careful!”

~*~

“So you guys had a good day?”

“We did. She thought she was gonna have to go over to Joey’s today. You shoulda seen her eyes light up when I told her that we were spending the day together. She was so excited, Jen. I’m gonna have to do this more often.”

“I don’t mind. I’m glad the two of you had a good time. In fact, I think you should set aside a day a week just for you and her.”

“I don’t think she’ll like that.”

“Why not?”

“Because she missed you today,” he told her with a smile as he leaned over to kiss her lips gently. “You’d have to come with us.”

Jen rolled her eyes playfully, but the thought made her smile.

“You know Jace… I did a lot of thinking today…”

“You? Thinking? Oh my God. Hell has officially frozen over!”

“Would you shut up? I’m trying to be serious here!”

“Alright, alright. Go on. What were you thinking about?” He asked with a grin.

“I think I’m ready to try for another baby…” she told him, biting her lip. Her doctor had been very flat out with her at her follow up appointment and had made it very clear that she might have problems conceiving and carrying a child. But she desperately wanted a baby.

“Are you su”“

“I know what Dr. Monroe said. And I’ve prepared myself for it Jace, I have. But I have to try. I want a baby so bad. I have to try…”

“If you’re sure, Jen. You know I’m behind you 100%.” Truthfully, he’d been crushed at the revelation that his wife might have difficulties having children. To know that she at least wanted to give it a shot… well, he was behind her. Anything to make her happy. He just hoped that she was prepared as she thought she was.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki