Something Like You by JRTsOnlyANGEL


Number of reviews: 17
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Flashback

Justin watched her out of the corner of his eye when she threw a pout at him and whipped his Mom’s hat off of her head and tossed It onto his dresser. He glanced at the game, chewing his lower lip a bit before he paused It once more and stood up. “Ang, come on.. Don’t act like that.”

“Act like what?” She asked, still examining herself In the mirror that was above his dresser.

He shrugged, pushing himself up from his spot In the center of his floor In front of his t.v. “I don’t know.. Just like you are.” He walked over and stood beside her at his dresser, watching her In the mirror, his head tilted to the side.

End Flashback


So many times I thought I held It In my hands
But just like grains of sand
Love slipped through my fingers
So many nights I asked the Lord above
Please make me lucky enough
To find a love that lingers
Something keeps telling me
That you could be my answered prayer
You must be heaven sent, I swear
Cause. . .


Her heart sped up, she felt warm and tingly on the Inside. She watched as he stood behind her, his hands moved up as he placed them on her hips and then slowly enclosed his arms around her waist firmly. Angel looked down and rested her hands on top of his on her stomach, looking back up at them In the mirror. “Just- - “ She went to object to him calling her beautiful and before she could process what had happened, Justin had turned her toward him so her back was against the dresser.

“Angel, just shut up.” He said, studying her face, his hands were placed on each side of the dresser on either side of her. Leaning his face down closer to hers, his lips barely brushed back and forth across hers, he watched her face closely before letting his eyes close and pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

Something happens when you look at me
I forget to speak
Something happens to me
When you kiss my mouth my knees get so weak
Could It be true this Is what God has meant for me?
Cause baby I can’t believe
That something like you
Could happen to me

Yeah, yeah... something like you


Angel watched him draw near to her face, she looked at him as his lips brushed against his, closing her eyes for a moment before coming back to her senses. She had remembered what he’d said when he told her about what Britney had assumed and he just laughed. This right here, It wasn’t real. Her hands came up and she shoved him back away from her. “Stop!”

Justin backed up a few steps from her, giving her space when she shoved him. He remembered that shove she gave him.

Flashback

Angel’s eyes focused on him for a moment when he came up and stood beside her. “Taking a break from your game?” She said, making a face then looking back at herself.

His shoulders shrugged once again, he looked down and then back at her. “You look pretty.” He said, as he slowly leaned over toward her.

She watched his every move as his face Inched closer to the side of her face and felt his lips smack one right on her cheek. She couldn’t contain her giggle and then a slight blush covered her cheeks. “Ew, Justin.. “ She protested, her hands came up and she shoved him backwards, away from her playfully.

“What?! Girls are so confusing! I say and do something sweet and you get all weird again! I don’t know what you want!” He said, looking at her once more before he walked back over and plopped back down on the floor, snatching his controller up off the floor.

End Flashback


“Angel..” Justin started, looking down at her, a confused look on his face.

“Just stop It!” She said, getting defensive. She heard a faint ringing sound and looked at him. “Britney’s calling.. Wanting to know your answer.” She snapped right away before moving away from him.

He took a deep breath, the look on his face told her that he was hurt. “Ang, It’s your phone, not mine.” He watched as she walked out of her bedroom. He swung his right arm In the air as If there were something he was trying to punch, damn it! He thought to himself. He looked like such a complete ass now for even trying to kiss her. He was just trying to shut her up from saying something negative about herself.

~*~

Angel snatched the phone up off the counter, answering It without even looking to see who It was. “Hello?” She asked Irritated.

The girl was taken back when her friend answered. “Angel, are you all right?” Jen asked.

She forced a slight laugh. “Sorry.. Oh my God, you would not believe who Is here right now.”

“Hm.. The Pope?” Jen joked. “I’m just kidding.. Um, Justin by any chance?”

“Yep.. That day we were out shopping, after I left you outside and went upstairs to my apartment, there he was sitting by my door with his suitcase..” Angel went on and explained everything that had went on since he’d been here with the whole Britney thing and even up to the event that just took place In her bedroom moments before she called.

“Did you kiss him back?!” Her friend asked excitedly for her.

“No!” She laughed. “I pushed him away from me and told him to stop and then I heard a phone ringing so I automatically thought It was Britney calling him and..” She stopped when she heard footsteps, looking up and seeing Justin entering Into the kitchen. “Hey, I gotta go.. I’ll call you sometime soon, okay?”

“Aw, that’s mean, cutting the details off, that’s cool though just call me when you get a chance, bye hun!”

“Bye!” Angel said, ending the conversation and glancing over at Justin as he stood In the door frame to the kitchen, she didn’t miss the hurt face as she looked away from him and down at the kitchen floor.

“You ready to go to dinner?” Justin asked, watching her, his hands were In the front pockets of his dress pants.

She nodded and grabbed her purse off the kitchen counter, walking over towards him, she lead the way to her front door and walked out, letting him out and shutting her door and locking It, she walked down the stairwell and out the main door entrance with him. Her eyes grew wide when there was a black limousine waiting outside. She turned and looked back at him.

Justin grinned at her and nodded. “It’s for us..” He told her, walking over to It and opening the door for her and letting her In first before he got In and shut the door.

“When did you get this?” She asked him, looking over at him.

He smiled and put his arm around her on the back of the seat. “When you were blabbing to your girlfriend about how good I am In bed.” He grinned a little

“Oh no, I wouldn’t go that far!”

“Hey, don’t knock It till you’ve tried the Timberlake!” He joked, laughing a bit. Angel shot him a look and he stopped laughing. “I’m just kidding! Relax.. “ He smiled, rubbing her shoulder with his arm that was around her.

The ride to dinner was quiet and when they arrived, Justin helped her out of the back of the limousine, he grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together. Camera flashes were going off In all sort of directions and paparazzi were asking questions as he lead her up to the door, letting her walk In first, he walked up to the host stand and they got seated Immediately In a booth In a corner away from everyone else.

Justin slid Into the booth across from her after she sat, he laughed a bit when he saw her face. “How did they all know you were going to be here?” She asked, referring to how did the paparazzi know he was going to be there.

He shrugged his shoulders and laughed. “I have no Idea!” He said, shaking his head as he opened his menu and began to look over the choices.

“Weird!” She laughed and watched him, she opened her menu and read a few choices. She glanced up when she noticed Justin shifting In his seat and he was looking down at his cell phone, she bit her lip.

He looked up over at her and saw she was looking at him. “I gotta take this call, It’s my manager.” He sighed, watching her face.

“So answer It!” She smiled, watching him as he picked up the phone, she sat back In the booth, glancing around the restaurant and then back at him.

“Hey Johnny, what’s up man?” Justin asked, leaning his elbows on the table.

“Hi Justin, sorry to bother you, there was something that came up last minute.”

“Like what?”

“There was another meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning.” Johnny explained to him.

“Tomorrow morning?! I’m In New York right now.. Is there anyway I can do a conference call?”

“I asked already, they said they want you there In person. It would look better too.”

Justin sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. “All right, what time Is It at?”

“It’s at Jive at 9am.”

“All right, I’ll see you then I guess.” Justin said, he glanced over at Angel who was taking In the restaurant scenery.

“Thanks man, see you then.” Johnny said before pressing the end button on his cell

“Uh huh.. “ Justin closed his phone and put It back Into his pocket and sighed.

Angels’ attention went back to Justin as he ended the call. “Everything okay?” She asked, biting her lip, she could tell that It wasn’t.

“No, some stupid meeting came up for tomorrow at 9am so I have to fly all the way back to LA, so I’ll probably have to leave tonight..”

She looked at him, a little disappointed but she understood. “Oh. Are we leaving?” She asked him.

“No, no. Let’s stay and eat.” He said, looking over at her. He sighed. “I’m really sorry about this Angel.. He didn’t miss the sad expression on her face.

“It’s fine..” She offered a small smile and closed her menu when she found what she wanted to eat.

~*~

That night at dinner had been filled with small talk and when Angel would get to see Justin again. He’d promised her as soon as he got some more time off. There was so much going through her mind and his also. She opened the door to her apartment and walked In with him. “Thank you for dinner.”

“Not a problem at all.” He smiled and walked over to her couch and plopped down.

Angel looked slightly confused as she looked at her clock and then walked over and sat down beside him on her couch. “Don’t you have to get packed and get to the airport?” She asked, sitting on the edge of the couch.

Justin leaned against the back and pulled her back beside him. “Do you really want me to leave that bad?” He asked, smiling a little.

“No!” She shot back quickly. “It’s just.. I don’t like telling someone bye, especially If It’s you.”

An hour later Justin had his suitcase packed and sitting by her front door, he really wished he didn’t have to leave. He didn’t want to go back to LA this soon or by himself at that. He wanted to stay there with her. Angel was still sitting on the couch as she watched him set his suitcase by the door and walk over to her. “Come here..” He said, taking her hands and pulling her up so she was standing In front of him. He pulled her Into his arms Into a hug and sighed as his arms went around his neck, he took In her scent. “I’ll see you soon, okay?” When she didn’t say anything, he hugged her tighter In his arms and closed his eyes, they stood like that for a good ten minutes before she finally pulled away from him.

“You better get going..” She said, looking up at him, she led him over to her door.

He nodded and leaned down and kissed her cheek, grabbing his suitcase as he opened her door, he took one last look at her before disappearing down the stair well. Angel watched until she couldn’t see him any longer, she shut the door and locked It, she let out a loud sigh, looking around her apartment. As she walked through her apartment she could still smell his cologne as she made her way Into her bedroom for the night. She glanced around her room and she felt empty. Everything reminded her of him.



Song Credit
"Something Like You" by NSYNC


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki