My Happy Ending by Mattison30


Number of reviews: 9
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


My Happy Ending



“Come on, Tessa, pick up your feet honey.” The small girl only clutches her mother’s hand tighter as they weave their way thought the large throng of people who seem to be in every direction. Growing impatient her mother scoops her up in her arms and walks faster until they are alone in a small room and away from all the chaos on the other side of the door. “You okay sweetie?”


So much for my happy ending
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...



The young girl nods, her blonde curls bouncing wildly as she does. One would think they would be used to all this madness by now considering they go through it just about every night. It’s all part of being apart of Justin Timberlake’s life--the crazy fans, endless parties, the paparazzi looking for that one shot that’s worth a million.


“Where’s Daddy?” Tessa inquires cutely, her anxiousness to see her father obvious to any common observer. Andrea smiles, setting her daughter on the floor. She looks to her watch to answer the question, but finds it’s stopped again. Damn watch was never worth the money paid for it. She’d take a no-name over a ROLEX any day. The only reason she still has it is because he bought it for her for their first anniversary.


Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something You said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread



“He should be here any minute pumpkin.” She answers looking around distractingly. There isn’t one thing in his dressing room that is out of place. Andrea learned a long time ago what a perfectionist Justin is. It didn’t matter if he was working on an album or just cleaning his dressing room”it had to be just so; AKA: perfect.


She ventures toward his makeup table which she always gives him flax about. She could never understand how he could act all street and tough when he owned more makeup than most women did. Her heart softens at the family picture he has framed and placed center stage to the other various photographs on the brightly lit table. It was taken right after she gave birth to Tessa”the little girl impatiently waiting for her father to show up. Andrea looked absolutely terrible, covered in sweat and grime, but utterly happy to have the new life in her arms and her husband at her side. It was always Justin’s favorite picture of her and, much to Andrea’s disgruntle, he would insist on showing it to everyone he encountered. Shaking her head, as if to knock the memories from her mind, she sets the picture back down in its rightful place.


You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be



“Where’s my princess?” Justin asks barging into the room sounding like a stampede of elephants. He always has a lot of energy after one of his shows. Tessa waves her hands wildly to get his attention and his billowing laugh fills the room. “I don’t see her anywhere. Where or where could my little Tessa be?”


“I’m right here Daddy.” She pouts, stomping her foot to the floor in her impatience. He laughs again, more boisterously and rushes to his little girl. He picks her up in his arms hugging her tightly. Tessa laughs wildly as her father spins them in circles.


You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending



“Did you have fun with your Momma tonight?” He asks once the room has stopped spinning. She nods feverishly before pressing her lips to his cheek and pulling away with a loud smack. Justin returns the gesture and adds a raspberry to her stomach which sends her into another fit of giggles all over again. “What about your Mom, did she have fun too?”


His gaze shifts from his daughter to his wife standing just a few feet away, leaning against his makeup/hair table. She is dressed quite the opposite of his daughter who looks ready to go to the ball in her fluffy pink dress. Andrea’s casual as always in her low-rise jeans and his favorite yellow sweater he bought her for her twenty-first birthday.


You've got your dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they
But they don't know me
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do



“How’s my number one girl?” He asks with a flirtatious wink as he sets Tessa to the floor and approaches his wife of six years. Even after six years, to Justin, it still felt like they were newlyweds. He was truly and complete in love with Andrea from the moment he met her.


He first saw her at some ritzy Hollywood after party. She was sitting at a table in the corner all by herself and he found himself struck speechless by her silent beauty. He literally stopped speaking mid-sentence to some big shot producer and just stared. It wasn’t until later that night he finally gained the courage to speak to her. It turned out the big shot producer happened to be her father and that was the reason she was there. There wasn’t one person there that couldn’t see their love blooming right before their eyes.


At first it was just a simple love that neither was brave enough to admit, but eventually there was no denying it; it was too strong. They dated for barely a year before Justin proposed and Andrea accepted. They got married three months later and pregnant not even a year into their marriage. Some might have said it was too fast and most thought their marriage would never last. You don’t fall in love over night, they told them. But Justin and Andrea knew how they felt and what was in their hearts.


Slipping his arms around her waist he pulls her too him to press his lips to hers in a chaste, yet affectionate kiss. From the way her body tensed the moment he pulled her into his arms he could sense something was wrong, but knew better than to ask in front of Tessa.


You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be



Andrea inhales sharply pulling back from his embrace but keeps a firm grip on his arms. Tears are threatening to spill at any moment and a sob is creeping up her throat. She has to say something now before she physically isn’t able to.


“How’s Cameron?” She asks in a strangled whisper. Her eyes reach his blank ones as he pulls away completely.


His eyes were what first attracted her to him. Of course everyone knows how beautiful they are, but not just anyone is able to witness the passion in them or the way they change colors to fit his mood. They’re the brightest when he’s happy, grayish when he’s sad, a deep blue when he’s making love or angry. This blank look he is giving her now is one she has never seen before, one she wished she would never have to. He was caught and they both knew it.


It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done



Andrea always knew of the attraction between her husband and Cameron Diaz; he admitted it to her one night when he was feeling guilty. It had been difficult to swallow, the man you are in love with being attracted to another, but they pulled through then. But this time he went too far. I wasn’t just a drunken kiss like the last time; it was so much more, too much. There is only so much one woman can take before she breaks.


You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending



Knowing those tears that were threatening only moments before were about to fall, she brushes past him grabbing Tessa’s hand on her way to the door. Tessa resists her mother’s strong hold wanting to stay with her father longer. She has only just gotten to see him. With tears flowing uncontrollably down her cheeks, Andrea picks up her now screaming daughter and reaches for the door handle only to look back at the man she calls her husband. He hasn’t moved and inch, only to turn to face her as she speaks on more time before she leaves.


“I want a divorce.”


Oh oh, oh, oh, oh oh...
So much for my happy ending





Song Credit: My Happy Ending”Avril Lavigne


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki