One Sweet Day by Alicia


Number of reviews: 101
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 9


Full of energy, Christi came bursting through the front door with Jessi right behind her.


"So, are ya'll ready to go?"

The guys had been settled in front of the living room TV all morning long after waking-up to find the girls had gone out to run errands. After hearing Christi's excited call for them, they reluctantly got up from watching the basketball game that was currently on and wandered into the foyer to greet the girls.

Although Justin and JC were comfortably dressed in casual jeans and short sleeve shirts, the girls looked even more relaxed. Jessi wore one of JC's white wifebeaters, a pair of red and white Nike velour shorts, and a pair of matching Nike sneakers. Christi looked as if she was about to go on a run with the short sleeves of her white shirt scrunched up to her shoulders, a pair of her old life guarding shorts resting on her hips, and her feet clad in an old pair of running shoes. Both of them had their hair tied back into high ponytails with sunglasses strategically placed on top of their heads.


Justin met Christi's enthusiasm with sarcasm, "Ready to be kidnapped? No. But, what the heck."


Refusing to acknowledge his attitude, she piped in, "Well, let's go. Our bags and food are already in the cars. Plus, don't you wanna see my new car?"


With that, everyone headed out to the cars. It didn't click in Justin’s head what Christi had said about having a new car until he saw it sitting in the driveway. JC had yet to notice until he heard Justin cry out, "Damn, girl!" His eyes turned to focus on what Justin had been eyeing and was met with a 2004 Ford F-150 Truck.


"You know what they say, ‘Ford is the best in Texas.'"


"What made you decide to get a truck?" JC inquired.


"I'd been thinking about it for awhile now. One, I need to get around. Two, I didn't want to keep borrowing Jessi's car. Three, I don't want the one I left with Jordan because that means I would have to see him. So I just decided it’s time for a new one, I guess. With that said, we really need to hit the road. Justin, you're with me and JC’s with Jessi."


"How come we're not riding together? We can all fit in your truck, or we can just use the rental Jace got." The guys were still left in the dark as to where they were going and why they had to pack overnight bags and food.


"Do you not want to be alone with little ol' me?" Christi pretended to pout before reasoning, "Because where we're going, we'll need two cars. The SUV is too flashy and would attract more attention than we want. Plus, you wouldn't want to be stuck with us all weekend, would ya?" Justin rolled his eyes while Jessi and JC tried to stifle their laughter at the two's banter and almost succeeded. That is until Christi clinched her statement by batting her eyelashes at Justin.


"I knew it! Ya'll plan on kidnapping us and dropping us off in the middle of nowhere."


Christi started to laugh but quickly sobered up, "Just shut up and get in the car. You'll have fun. I promise."


Jessi and JC hopped into Jessi's Acura as Justin and Christi climbed into Christi's new truck. Justin noticed how Christi had already adjusted the interior to her liking. Her seat had already been pulled closer for her to reach the pedal as well as leaned back so far that she couldn't rest her back on it. The rearview mirror had already been adjusted, and, like clockwork, she checked the already programmed radio stations before popping in the first of her two new R. Kelly CD’s to listen to. When she was situated, she looked at Justin, flashed him a smile, and finally pulled out the driveway. While pulling out, she noticed Jessi's car was no longer in the spot next to hers.


RING. RING.


Before she could say anything, Jessi blurted into the phone, "Last one there makes dinner."


"You're on."


With that, they both hung up. The next thing Justin knew was that he needed to put on his seatbelt with the speed Christi had reached. He wasn't one known to be chicken shit when it came to cars, but when it came to the way she was driving, it was enough to make anyone feel that way.


"Are you trying to kill me?"


"No. It's just that Jessi and I have a deal that the last one there cooks dinner. I refuse to cook anything. Just because I own and run my own restaurant, doesn't mean I like playing chef. Plus, I might as well test out my new truck which is one I've always wanted."


Justin relaxed a little bit. "Really? What made you want a truck?"


Christi shrugged, "I always thought it would be cool to have one. I used to be the biggest tomboy when I was little, and I thought they were macho and whatnot. As I grew out of that phase, I just wanted one because I'm a girl, and everyone would make a big deal out it being a man's vehicle."


"So, you just woke up and bought a new truck? Just like that?"


"Actually, I had always thought about getting one. But last night, when Jessi and I decided to take two cars, I felt that it was time to get one. And, I thought why not get what I’ve always dreamed of. Plus, it's not like I just went and picked it out. I called up Dave, a guy that works with Jordan on cars, and he set everything up before I even got to the car dealership he recommended."


Letting the Jordan namedrop go, Justin just nodded his head in understanding.


"I'm thinking about having it painted. What do you think?"


"What color?"


"A hot pink pearl. The color looks like a metallic-looking magenta if you ask me."


"I like this color. What is it?"


"Atlantic Blue Pearl."


The rest of the car ride was enjoyed in a comfortable silence.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forty- five minutes later, JC tried to take in where they were headed to but it was hard. Jessi had pulled onto a deserted road, which led to a wooded area. The road was so long he couldn’t see where it ended. For a moment, he thought that Justin was right and they were going to just dump them off somewhere. All his thoughts went out the window as Jessi turned into what looked to be some kind of resort in the middle of the woods. The sign read "SilverLeaf Resorts, Inc." Everything seemed to throw him for a loop, but he decided to see how everything played out.

As Jessi continued to drive, JC noticed how they passed a golf course and saw a lake further down the road they were on. The next thing he knew, Jessi was pulling into a parking space next to Christi’s already parked and vacated truck.


Getting out of the car, Jessi grumbled, "Damn it! I thought I had her."


Walking hand in hand, Jessi led JC up the five steps and spotted a smug-looking Christi and a pale-faced Justin.


"Well, well, well. Look who's cooking dinner."


"I know. Don't rub it in. Have you checked-in? " Jessi questioned, wanting to change the subject.


"We were waiting on you."


The group got up and entered the building, heading straight to check-in.


"Ana!"


At the sound of her name being called, the curly-haired brunette dropped the stack of papers she had in her hands onto the counter and looked up with shock and confusion written all over her face. Excitement soon mixed into the facial expression as she visually pictured the brunette, who had lunged across the check-in counter to hug her, as a blonde with straight hair. Pulling back from the hug, Ana was pulled into another one but by Jessi.


"Wow. It's been a long time since we've seen you."


Ana retorted, "And who's fault is that?"


"Oops!" Christi offered as if it was an explanation.


Ana rolled her eyes and laughed off Christi's reasoning, "Yeah, oops. Anyways, so much has happened since then…"


While she talked animatedly with her arms flaring in the air, Christi and Jessi couldn't help but notice the big rock on her ring finger. Both JC and Justin recognized the looks on their faces, as they got eerily quiet and wide-eyed. The guys had learned over the past three months that they had known them that meant only one thing. They were gonna shriek. Prepared for the expected high-pitched talking the girls would undoubtedly initiate in about ten seconds, JC and Justin covered their ears with the palms of their hands and took three gigantic steps back. By doing so, they missed everything said between the women in their presence and weren't aware of the introduction that Christi and Jessi had given until they were popped in the back of their heads by both girls.


They unison, somewhat confused, "Huh?"


Christi rolled her eyes at them and then reintroduced Justin and JC to Ana. After the introduction where done, Ana proceeded to check them in and handed Jessi and Christi some papers to fill out.


"How about you sign all of these while I go get my box from Brian’s storage room."


Before Jessi could even refuse, Christi had already slipped out of sight and escaped doing her own paperwork. Jessi dismissed it and started to fill out the papers in front of her. So entranced by filling out papers, Jessi hadn't noticed the group of guys that had moseyed their way into the building. Nor, did she realize someone had pulled her ponytail back until she came face to face with him bring her full attention to her surroundings.


"Hey, stranger."


"Hey, yourself. Now, let go."


"Nope."


"Brian!" She whined. When she saw him laugh but continue to hold her hair, she turned her pouting lips into a smile. Brian knew by that smile that she was up to something. "Christi's here."


With that, Brian let go of her hair as his face lit up. As much fun as he thought teasing Jessi was, it couldn't compare to messing with Christi. No one came close. "Really?"


Jessi rolled her eyes, "Yes, really. Love ya, too."


"Awww. Don't get jealous. I love you, too," he said, smacking a wet kiss on her cheek. "Now, lead me to my lady." Brain laughed as Jessi groaned. She never understood his and Christi's relationship, but she respected it. And as much as she respected it, she'd never let it show.


"Think about it. Where's the first place she ever goes?"


Brian pulled away and headed for his storage room. Jessi went back to signing papers as a baffled JC stood beside her wondering how Jessi could flirt with this `Brian' guy in front of him. Just as he was about to give her a piece of his mind, Jessi held up a finger to shush him. She knew what he was thinking, but she wanted to wait until after she heard Christi's reaction to seeing Brian. After hearing the shrill that she expected from Christi, she explained, "Brian's a close friend slash play brother of ours, as I like to call him. More Christi's than mine. He's always had a crush on Christi since forever. And, he just so happens to be the handyman of this particular SilverLeaf location."


That may have put JC at ease, but it brought out curiosity in Justin. "How long have ya'll known each other?"


Thinking about it, Jessi answered, "I'd say a good ten years."


About five minutes later, Jessi had finished filling out the papers and Brian, with Christi on his back and a medium-sized box in his hands, made his way out of the storage room to where Jessi and the guys stood. Christi unlatched her arms from around Brian's neck and slid down his body to stand on her own two feet. As soon as her feet hit the ground, she started making introductions amongst the guys.




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki