All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Eleven

“Did you talk to your dad?” Brianna asked the next day at lunch. With a roll of her eyes, Julie bit into her apple, looking over at her.

“I tried to talk to him. He wasn’t hearing me though,” Julie explained. Honestly? She didn’t blame him. She didn’t like the way she’d been acting either, but she was so desperate to fit in, so desperate for that acceptance from her peers that she never had…

“I’ll get my dad to call him. He can talk JC into anything,” Brianna assured her, giving her friend a sly smile. “I’ve got some awesome things planned for this weekend. Dad doesn’t know, of course. He thinks I just want to have you and Brenda,” Brianna explained.

Julie felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had no idea how someone could lie so easily to their father. It made her sick with worry at telling her father a small white lie, she didn’t know how she could deal with telling a major one, as Brianna was accustomed to.

~*~

“Julie? Can you come in here baby?” JC called. He’d just gotten off the phone with Joey. He had been completely mistaken in the request that Julie had made the previous night. He had been under the impression that it would be sort of like a party. But if it was just Julie staying over so that Brianna wouldn’t be alone… well, he couldn’t disagree to that.

“Yes daddy?” She asked, stepping into the living room. Although she’d not been holding conversations with her father, she had been talking to him in a decent manner. She’d managed to control the outraged teenager side of her for right now, at least.

“Come sit with me. I need to talk to you about something,” he said softly. He patted the spot next to him on the couch and scooted over, giving her a smile.

Giving him a weak smile in return, she followed his request and took a seat at his side, biting down on her lower lip as she looked up at him.

“I want you to know how displeased I’ve been with you these past few days. I’m not trying to pick on you baby. I know that you’re growing up, and you want to do things, but we can really do without the attitude.”

“I’m sorry daddy,” she apologized, her eyes filling with tears.

“Honey, don’t do this. I know you’re sorry, okay? And like I said, I’m not picking on you. I’ve been a teenager before and I know how hard it is when you think no one understands and I just… It’s hard for me, you know?”

She nodded, sniffling as she brought her hand up to wipe her eyes.

“That being said… this attitude is going to stop. I don’t want you speaking to me the way you have these past few days, and I mean it.”

She nodded once more, sucking in a breath.

“Alright daddy.”

“I talked to Joey just a few minutes ago. I completely misunderstood what you asked, and I’m sorry. I should have listened to you. But yes, you can go over to Bri’s this weekend,” he told her with a smile.

For a split second, Julie thought about coming clean, telling him the truth about the little get-together that Brianna was planning but knew that it wouldn’t be wise. She just hoped that he never found out the truth!

~*~

“Hi Uncle Joey, is Brianna there?” Julie questioned, biting her lip as she waited for the older man to put her friend on the line. She could hear Joey call for Brianna, and she clearly heard the snippy tone he was answered with. Julie’s eyes widened. Brianna was hateful!

“Hello?”

“Hey Bri, it’s Julie.”

“I know. What’s up? Did you dad change his mind?”

“Uh yeah, he did actually. What time are we meeting up at your house?”

The conversation was carried on for almost an hour, discussing their plans for the weekend. Julie yawned sleepily and rolled over onto her side.

“Alright, well, I’ll see you in school tomorrow then.”

“Yep. Cya later.”

After disconnecting the call, Julie rolled over onto her back. She let out a soft sigh as she thought about the deception and just hoped that her daddy would never find out the truth. He would be completely crushed, and angry! With a heavy sigh, she slouched under the covers to get comfortable, closing her eyes as she willed sleep to come.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki