All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Fourteen

Julie opened her eyes, hissing as the bright light blinded her. She let out another low moan as she turned onto her side, tears filling her eyes as her head pounded. What on Earth had she done?

“Mornin’ sunshine!” JC greeted, a little too loud. She winced at the sound, her entire body cringing. From his place in the door, JC smirked and shook his head. “How does it feel to have your first hangover?” Her eyes widened. He knew? Oh my God! He knew!

She rolled over to face the door, looking up at him weakly.

“Daddy I”“

“Save it. You’re not getting a lecture just yet. Save your excuses for later and come up with a good one. You’re going to need it. For now, there’s some toast to settle your stomach and some aspirin for your head. I want you showered, dressed and downstairs in fifteen.”

“Oh daddy I don’t”“

“I don’t care. Fifteen minutes. If I have to come back up here, I’m going to burn your butt,” he warned her, turning to exit the room.

~*~

JC was sitting downstairs on the couch, Abbi resting against his side. She was still exhausted from that morning.

“Daddy, can I go upstairs?”

“No baby. Come on, I don’t want you sleeping all day. You won’t sleep at all tonight,” he reminded her. With a soft sigh, she shifted so that she could rest her head against his lap. He looked down at her with a smile, stroking her hair gently. He looked up when he saw Julie trudge down the stairs. She looked like death warmed over.

“Come sit.”

With a heavy sigh, Julie made her way into the living room and took a seat in the chair, curling in on herself. She still felt sick.

“Before you even begin to TRY and explain your actions, you owe someone an apology.”

“I said I was sorry daddy!”

“Not to me, to your sister.”

“Wha”“

“You scared the shit out of her, Julie! How hard do you think it was for her to see her big sister so sick? And for you to tell her not to come get me?” He growled. From her place on the couch, Abbi’s eyes filled with tears. Was Julie going to be angry with her now?

“Daddy, can I go upstairs?” She begged.

“Not yet, honey. Julie has something she needs to say to you,” he said, his voice stern, leaving no room for argument. With a nod, Julie turned her attention to Abbi.

“I’m sorry,” she grumbled, unable to look her sister in the eye.

“’Pology ‘cepted. Can I go upstairs now?” She asked, looking up at her father.

“Yes. Go see if mommy’s awake,” he instructed, swatting her butt gently as she climbed up to head up the stairs. Once she was gone, his face hardened again.

“Of all the STUPID things you could do… I swear to God, Julie. I give an inch here and you take a mile!” He cried out, standing up from the couch. He began pacing in front of her, so upset. How could she do that?

“Daddy I”“

“No. I don’t even know what to say to you. Did you think that I wouldn’t find out, Julie? Your room completely REEKS of alcohol!”

Tears stung her eyes, but she didn’t respond. She had sat up straight in the chair, her hands clasped between her legs, sniffling pitifully.

“You know what pisses me off most of all? You got behind the wheel of that car and drove yourself home.”

“But da”“

“There are NO buts! You could have killed someone, Julie! You could have killed yourself! Instead of owning up to your actions and calling Jen or myself, you decided to get behind the wheel of your car and drive home. Well, I assure you, that won’t happen again,” he told her. “You go get me your keys right now.”

“You’re taking my car?” She cried.

“You’d better be lucky I’m not selling your car, little lady. Now get me your keys!”

“Daddy please! Just give me another chance.”

“Get me your keys.”

“Daddy!”

He grabbed her arm roughly, his lips set in a thin white line. He cracked her on her bottom hard and pointed to the hallway.

“Get. Me. Your. Keys.” He said. Crying at the pain in her bottom, Julie walked into the hallway and retrieved her keys from her purse before handing them to her. “Take yourself upstairs and get in your room. I don’t want to see your face for the rest of the day.”

~*~

JC literally felt sick. Every time he passed his daughter’s room, he could hear her heartbroken sobs. She deserved it, he reasoned, trying hard to make himself feel better about the whole thing.

“Stop pouting about it,” Jen demanded when he had come back to the couch, looking forlornly to the stairs. He looked over at his wife, his eyes wide.

“I’m not pouting.”

“You are. You do this every time you punish that child, JC,”

“But she’s so”“

“She’s not sorry for what she did. She’s sorry for getting caught,” Jen told him wisely. She wasn’t too pleased with the girl either. She had endangered herself and others, and had scared the daylights out of her sister. She deserved the punishment 100%.

“I know she deserved it, Jennifer, but that doesn’t make it any better.”

He grumbled, taking a seat next to her. He sighed softly and leaned his head back against the couch. He had no idea how he was going to be able to trust his daughter again. He closed his eyes, letting out a soft sigh, wondering if this was the end of her misbehaving, or only the beginning.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki