All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Sixteen

“Are you okay?”

JC looked over to the bed where he was wife was resting comfortably. He’d just carried his youngest daughter back to her room, after she’d fallen asleep in the middle of their bed. He gave her a weak smile as he slipped into some pajama bottoms and crawled into bed with her.

“I don’t know.”

She frowned at his admission and watched as he got comfortable beneath the blankets. She turned onto her side, looking over at him thoughtfully. She gazed over his handsome face, drinking him in. Even after all these years, he was as attractive as ever.

“What?” He asked, a lazy smile on his lips as he saw her eyes flicker over his face.

“Sheesh, can’t a girl look?” She asked, rolling her eyes playfully as she leaned over for a sweet kiss, her lips lingering against his momentarily before she pulled away.

“Only if she plans on touching, Mrs. Chasez,” he told her, winking at her.

“May I remind you, Mr. Chasez, that’s how we got into this mess in the first place,” she reminded him, gesturing to her round belly. He couldn’t help but smile as he leaned down to press a kiss to it. She was only five months along, but she was showing much more than she had been with Abbi.

“Do you know how cute you are?”

“Oh yeah, because ducks are real cute. Sure!”

“Ducks?”

“I waddle, Joshua! Ducks waddle!” His chest rumbled as he laughed, looking over at her scowling face.

“You’re adorable, Jen,” he reminded her, reaching over to squeeze her cheek playfully.

“I’m gonna show you ‘adorable’ in a minute,” she warned, swatting at him playfully. Rolling onto his side, JC draped an arm around her protectively as he nuzzled her gently with his nose, breathing in her familiar scent. He closed his eyes, taking in the feeling of her warmth against him. This was Heaven.

~*~

Julie trudged down the stairs early the next morning, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. It had been the first time in many nights that she’d managed to get a full night’s rest. It felt good. She pushed the door to the kitchen open, and was surprised to be met by her whole family. Her father usually slept late.

“Good morning,” he greeted, looking up from his breakfast as he offered her a smile.

“Morning,” she responded timidly, giving him a weak smile in return before taking her place across from her sister. She noticed the car keys sitting next to her father’s plate, but she didn’t dare keep her eyes on them for too long.

“How did you sleep honey?” Jen asked, heading to the table to place a steaming plate in front of her. She smiled her thanks and then frowned when she noticed that Jen was still in her robe.

“I umm, I slept good. Why aren’t you dressed?”

“Why should I be, honey? Your dad and I don’t have anywhere to be until lunch time.”

“Please don’t tell me you’re taking me to school in your pajamas,” Julie pleaded, her face whitening. She’d been humiliated enough these past two weeks! Julie was so intent on trying to read Jen’s face that she missed the smile her father wore.

He casually slid the keys across the table into her direction, taking a sip of his coffee in the process. Hearing the sound of the metal clanking together, she looked down, her eyes widening.

“What”“

“You better hurry up or else you’re going to be late. I need you to drop Abbi off this morning.”

“You mean I”“

“Eat!” He demanded with a laugh, nearly choking when she flew out of her chair and around to him, throwing her arms around his neck.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” She shrieked, jumping up and down excitedly. He laughed as he patted her arm gently.

“Honey, I need to breathe!” He reminded her with a laugh, looking up at her. Leaning down, she smacked a big old kiss onto his cheek and pulled away with a smile.

“You’d better hurry up!” He told her, swatting her butt playfully. She sat back down to inhale her food. Maybe things were going to work out after all!


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki