All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seventeen

“So… mommy, daddy, do we want to know what the sex is?”

“You mean you can tell?

“Absolutely,” Dr. Monroe said, a smile on her face as she watched JC squint at the screen, trying desperately to figure out what sex his child would be without the doctor’s help! His face fell. He just couldn’t do it! He looked down at his wife, giving her a smile.

“What do you think, hon?”

Looking up at her husband, she gave him a shrug and a sweet smile. They had discussed keeping the sex of the baby a surprise, but then they had remembered all of the trouble they’d had picking out things for Abbi, not knowing what she was.

“Whatever you think,” she told him.

He bit his lip. He was desperate to know! He squinted at the screen once more, trying to see anything that would resemble a male’s anatomy on the child she was carrying.

He had opened his mouth to speak when his wife interrupted him.

“We want to know,” she told Dr. Monroe. Although she’d been the one who was originally against finding out, she knew how desperate JC was to know what they were having. He looked down at her with a gracious smile as he dropped a kiss onto her forehead.

Dr. Monroe glanced back and forth between her patients with a smile before turning back to the screen. She lifted her finger to use it as a pointer.

“This right here is his…”

~*~

“I can’t believe it! We’re having a boy! We’re having a boy!” JC sung as he danced his way out of the doctor’s office, leaving his wife to waddle behind him as she laughed. She shook her head at his display.

“Joshua!” She chastised lightly, laughing when she realized people had stopped to stare. He turned around and grabbed her in his arms, smacking a kiss to her lips, right there in public! He couldn’t believe it! No more girls for him, no sir! He was having a little boy!

“I gotta call my mom!” He exclaimed happily after he pulled away, digging into his pocket to pull out his cellular phone. He dialed his mother’s number as he helped Jen into the car, before hurrying around to the other side. “Mom? Hello? Mom! It’s a boy!” He yelled, doing another little victory dance in the front seat. “We’re having a boy!”

On her end of the line, a soft smile graced Karen’s face.

“A boy, huh? I bet you’re thrilled beyond belief!”

“Oh mom, you have no idea! I would have been happy with another little girl, of course, but this just… I can’t even describe it mom!” He told her, laughing as he looked over to his wife to toss her a little wink. He chatted for a few more minutes before saying his goodbyes and then disconnected the call, looking over to Jen.

“You know, Mr. Chasez, I’m beginning to think that you weren’t kidding about having yourself committed if it was another girl,” she teased, crossing her arms over her chest to rest on her belly.

“Well, you’ll not have to find out if I was kidding or not, now will you? Because… we’re having a boy, we’re having a boy, na na na na na!” He sang as he backed out of the parking space. Jen shook her head, seemingly disgusted with his little chant, though laughter was in her eyes. Hey, she couldn’t blame him. The poor guy deserved a break!

~*~

“You have no idea how excited I am guys! I’m having a little boy!” JC exclaimed for about the fourth time that evening. After he’d arrived home from the doctor’s appointment with his wife, he’d called his four best friends to share the news. They had wanted to do something to celebrate, so that night after dinner, they’d picked him up to go out for a few drinks.

He threw his head back and took another sip of the liquid, wincing as it burned his throat slightly on the way down. His eyes widened when he felt a hand on his belly.

“You look pretty good, Jace!” Chris exclaimed, patting his friend’s slender belly. “How far along are you, anyway?”

JC batted his hand away with a scowl.

“Get outta here! People are watching,” he hissed, causing the other men to laugh.

“Oh… you mean… you’re not pregnant? With the way you were ranting and raving with all this “I’M having a boy” stuff, well… I just thought that maybe there was something you weren’t telling us!”

A blush crept onto his cheeks as he downed another shot of his drink, a smile forming on his face. Even Chris’ playfulness couldn’t annoy him tonight. He was having a boy!

~*~

“Honey?”

“Hmm?”

“You awake?”

“Well Joshua,” Jen grumbled, her voice thick with sleep, “It wouldn’t matter if I WASN’T awake, because I certainly am now.”

“I’m sorry honey.”

“No you aren’t,” she replied with a laugh before rolling over onto her back to look over at him. Truthfully, she’d just gone to bed not long ago. She had heard him come in the room and shuffle around before she felt the bed sink with his added weight. “How was your night?” She asked, her eyes adjusting to the darkness.

“Mmm…. It was perfect,” he told her, leaning over to nuzzle her neck gently. “I think I had a little too much to drink though,” he admitted with a light laugh.

“I think I can forgive you just this once,” she told him with a smile. Although she really didn’t like the idea of him drinking, he was a grown man, able to make his own decisions. And who was she to stop him from celebrating with his friends.

She smiled when she felt his hands on her belly. He’d not been able to keep them off of her the entire day. Not that she could blame him, of course.

“Hey Jace?”

“Hmm?”

“What do you say about doing a little celebrating ourselves?”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki