All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Twenty Two

“Tempted by the fruit of anoooooother,” JC sang obnoxiously, bopping around the kitchen as he attempted to whip up something to eat. With the help of Julie, he’d learned a massive amount about cooking over the last few weeks. He was becoming a regular Emeril! Or not…

“You’d better not be tempted by anyone’s fruits, buddy.” He jumped at the voice, spinning around to come face to face with his very pregnant wife.

“Baby! What are you doing down here?” He asked, his eyes wide. She’d not been feeling up to par the last few days and he’d been ridiculously worried about her. To see that the color had returned to her cheeks made him happy. He hurried to her and wrapped her in his arms. “Are you feeling better?”

“Much,” she responded with a smile, pressing her cheek his chest. “And just in time too. Someone’s got a birthday coming up,” she sang, a smile on her face. JC rolled his eyes.

“Ugh. Don’t remind me.”

“Now Jace”“

“No parties, Jen. I’m too old for that stuff.”

“You’re not that old, Chasez. You’re not even forty yet!”

“I’m close enough! Thirty nine is”“

“Not forty. So suck it up, man. We throw you a party every year. This year will be no different. You do NOT want to argue with your wife now, do you sweetie?”

He let out a beaten sigh. He knew better than to argue with her! “No ma’am.” With a victorious grin, she reached up and patted his cheek lightly.

“That’s my good boy. So… where are my girls?”

“Well… Abbi’s in the living room, I think. She was, anyway. She wanted to go swimming so she might have gone upstairs to change. And Julie… well, I’ll give you one guess as to where she’s at.”

“With Joel?”

“Mmhmm,” he replied, a hint of distaste gracing his features.

“Well, I know she’s our friend’s daughter and all so forgive me for saying it, but I’d rather her be with Joel than Brianna. That girl never did her right,” she said, snarling her nose just a little at the memory of some of the things Brianna had talked Julie into.

“I guess you’re right,” he conceded. He shook his head to rid himself of the thought and smiled. “So Mrs. Chasez, how’s about you taking you cute little self upstairs and putting on a bathing suit to join me and Abbi in the pool?” He teased, his eyes sparkling with mischief, barely escaping the hand she brought down to swat him.

~*~

“Ugh, this is so frustrating Joel! I just want to get him something nice,” Julie whimpered as they searched high and low for a present for her father. “Jen always picks out the presents for us but I told her I had it covered this year and I can’t decide on anything!”

“Jules, your dad’s what, forty now? He pro”“

“Oh my GOD Joel! He is NOT forty! Say that to his face and he’ll never let me see you again! He’s going to be thirty nine. There is a big difference there, buddy!”

“Alright,” he laughed, holding his hands up defensively. “He’ll be thirty nine. Just get him something practical. What’s something that he needs?”

“Ugh, Joel! That’s so boring!” She pouted, crossing her arms over his chest. He couldn’t help but laugh at how cute she looked! He reached for her and tugged her close to him, looking down at her.

“He’s your dad. He’s going to love a present from you no matter what it is. You could probably get him mix-matched socks and he’d rave about them. Trust me,” he told her with a small smile.

“So you think he’d like a watch or something? I just don’t want to get him something generic! I think it’s ridiculous when people get ties or something and try to pass it off as a thoughtful gift.”

It took almost another hour of shopping before Julie finally settled on a present for her father, but that didn’t stop her worrying.

“You really think he’s going to like it?”

With an exasperated sigh, Joel fought not to roll his eyes. “How many times have I got to tell you yes?”

“Well I jus-“

With a well placed kiss to her lips, Joel managed to quiet her down, though it was obvious that they were both shocked when both bodies went rigid and they pulled away from one another, eyes wide.

“Wow,” was the response from both parties.

~*~

“Now Abbi… you might want to think about the consequences if you decide to go through with this,” JC cautioned, holding his hands up as his daughter threatened to splash him. “I mean… I’m bigger than you are, honey. Are you SURE this is what you want to do?”

Her lips curled into a little grin and her eyes sparkled mischievously. “You’re forgetting, dad, that you might be bigger ‘n me, but you’re also OLDER,” she giggled, splashing him in his face, causing him to sputter.

“That’s it!” He roared in mock rage as he dove forward to grab her around the waist, laughing as she shrieked repeatedly.

“Am I going to have to separate you two?” Jen called from the kitchen window where she’d been watching the scene.

“No mommy!” They both called, as JC released Abbi and threw his arm around her shoulder, a cheesy grin on both of their faces. The picture of innocence!

Jen rolled her eyes heavenward and laughed. “I live with a bunch of dorks!”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki