All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Two

“I thought you said that Brenda’s parents were going to be here,” Julie questioned, stepping through the front door of the home that the gathering was being held. Music was blaring over a sound system that Julie could see in the living room.

“Would you relax?” Brianna asked over the music. “If I’d told you the truth, there was no way in hell you would be able to lie to your dad, Jules. I know you. You would have ended up telling him the truth and you wouldn’t have been allowed to come. So just loosen up.”

“But Bri”“

“No! Stop! I swear to God, you act more like you’re forty than sixteen! I promise, you’ll thank me for this one day. Just relax. You might even have fun.”

Biting down on her lip, Julie looked around the house. This was what kids called fun? She had no idea what was taking place in the living room. Was that someone’s idea of dancing? From the kitchen, she could hear loud whoops. God only knows what they were doing! She shook her head.

Brianna was right. She was sixteen years old. She deserved to have a little fun, right? Besides, what her dad didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. He didn’t HAVE to know that there was no supervision, right? Right. With a soft sigh, she shut the door behind her and stepped towards the living room, determined to have fun and shut that stupid little voice up that was telling her how wrong this was.

~*~

“Did you get Abbi to bed okay?”

“Yep. She was out like a light by the time I put her in bed. I’m completely exhausted, Jen. We didn’t even DO anything today and I’m so worn out.”

“It’s because you’re getting old.”

“Oh, haha. You’re one to talk, missy. You’re getting up there in age too.”

“Yes dear, but there’s one difference: No matter how old I am, you’ll still be older,” she taunted, squealing when she felt him roll over on top of her, his fingers mercilessly attacking her sides. When he finally relented, he flopped down next to her side, giving a content sigh.

“I love you Jen. I feel like that’s all I ever say, but I just can’t say it enough. I don’t think there’s anyone else in the world that could be better than you.”

“Aw honey! You’re too sweet,” she told him with a smile, leaning over to kiss him. Although their relationship was a playful one, when the two were alone together, they spoke the words that they bit back in front of their children. They confessed their love for one another in more ways than one.

~*~

“Bri… I gotta get home.”

“What?”

“Please? Brianna, I’m serious. Either you take me home right now and I keep my mouth shut about the party, or I call my dad and he calls your dad. Please. I feel like I’m going to barf.”

“Okay, okay! Sheesh!” Setting her drink down, she turned to Brenda. “I’ll be back. I need to go take Julie home. I’ll see you guys in a bit.” Turning back to her friend, she rolled her eyes. “I swear, man. You ruin everything. When are you going to grow up?” She grumbled.

Following her out to the car, Julie had her arms wrapped around her middle. The drink that she’d had, along with the guilt she felt for lying to her father had been far too much for her to bear. She had to get home.

“Did you have anything to drink?” Brianna asked, casting a worried look at Julie. If she’d been drinking, surely JC would smell it on her breath. He was like a hound dog when it came to his kid!

“I had one drink! That’s not it though, I swear. I just feel like crap and I need to get home. I’m sorry.”

“You’d better not tell him that no one was there,” Brianna warned. “I mean it. If I get in trouble, I’m going to be really upset.”

“You’re not being a very good friend here, Brianna! I already told you I wouldn’t tell! Stop trying to make me feel worse!” Julie sniffled, feeling like she could cry. Her very first party! Her first one! She was such a stupid daddy’s girl.

~*~

“Where are you going?” Jen asked sleepily, turning her head to look at her husband as he climbed out of the bed. Walking to where his discarded pants lay, he picked them up and slid them up his slender hips before looking back at her.

“I’m just going to get a glass of water. I’ll be right back baby,” he told her with a smile. He walked over to the bed to kiss her forehead before heading out of the bedroom. Stopping in front of his daughter’s door, he poked his head in to make sure she was okay before heading down the stairs.

He got his glass of water and drank it up before depositing the glass in the sink. Just as he was about to head up the stairs, he heard the sound of the front door open. Turning, his eyes were wide when he saw his daughter.

“Julie?”

Her eyes widened when she saw her father. How on earth was she going to explain coming home so early to him?

“Hi daddy,” she responded quietly.

“I thought you were staying at Becca’s.”

“Brenda’s? I was. I don’t feel good though. Brianna and I got pizza before we went to Brenda’s and it made my stomach hurt. I’m just going to go up and get in bed,” she told him, lying through her teeth. While it was true that her stomach was upset, it wasn’t for the reason that she’d given. She felt sick because of the lie that she’d unintentionally told him earlier.

“Alright honey. Do you need anything? Do you want some medicine?”

“No daddy. I just need to get some sleep,” she told him. She headed towards the stairs and paused to press a kiss to his cheek his gently. He caught a faint whiff of what he thought was alcohol, but surely he was mistaken. His little girl wouldn’t have been drinking. Besides, if Brenda’s parents had been there, there was no way she could have gotten it.

“Sleep well, angel. If you need anything, just let me know,” he offered, giving her a smile as he delivered a gentle swat to her bottom. They climbed the stairs together but had gone their separate ways. Once Julie got into her room, she shut the door behind her and sank down on her bed, letting the tears flow.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki