All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Twenty Nine

To say that the whole ordeal had been traumatic was an understatement. Julie had never been so terrified in her life. Luckily, the cops had been merciful enough to do away with the handcuffs but they were unrelenting in the fact that both Brianna and Julie had to be taken to the station in the police cruisers to give a full statement as to what had happened. Even though they’d requested Abbi’s presence at the station as well, she was given the opportunity to ride with her father and she jumped at the chance.

JC had called his wife to fill her in on the situation on his way to the police station with Abbi. Although he had insisted that she stay home with baby Jack, she was having none of that. Her family needed her and she’d be damned if she was going to sit at home and wait for them. Besides, as soon as the police gave Abbi the go-ahead to leave, Jen was going to be there to take her daughter home.

Even though JC had insisted that Jen not bother bringing Jack out, he was glad when she arrived. It had been nerve wracking as all get out to sit in the police station and wait for the cops to finish questioning his daughter. Joey wasn’t much of a distraction due to the fact that he was just as upset as JC was. The two were the best of friends. It seemed wrong that their daughters had been fighting.

“Hey,” Jen greeted, slightly out of breath. On her arm was the baby seat, Jack tucked firmly away inside, sleeping. She offered Joey a smile as she hurried to JC, taking a seat beside him. “Where’s Abbi?”

“She’s in with the police,” he sighed, running a hand through his hair. “She had to give a statement. Poor kid. I’ve never seen her so shaken up,” he commented.

“And Julie? How’s she?”

“Don’t know,” JC answered with a shrug. “I’ve not seen her since we got here. They took her to a little room to talk to her. I think they’re having someone check her out too. Her nose was pretty busted up.”

Shaking her head, Jen let out a sigh. “What on earth would possibly cause her to do this?” Jen asked him, frowning. Although JC had a pretty good idea, he didn’t dare say in front of Joey. Not just yet. He had no idea how his friend would take the news of just how bad his daughter had been behaving and he’d decided this wasn’t the time to tell him. He simply shrugged in response.

Looking over to Joey, Jen scowled at him. “What on earth are you doing sitting so far away? I didn’t think Josh smelled THAT bad!” She said, trying to lighten the mood just a little. She grinned when she was blessed with a smile from her friend and watched as he got up to move closer to the couple.

“I just want to tell you guys how sorry I am”“

“HmmMmm. Don’t go there, buddy. Brianna’s not the only one who fought, okay? Julie is just as responsible and I don’t want you to go blaming Brianna for it all, okay?” JC asked. Even though Brianna WAS to blame for the most part, he didn’t want Joey feeling weird or anything. It was obvious that the younger man was grateful for that as well.

~*~

When JC saw his daughter, he cringed. Because they’d been in a dark parking lot earlier, he’d been unable to see her face clearly. He had no idea how much damage she’d done to Brianna, but it looked like she’d gotten the worst of it. “Oh honey…” he groaned.

Seeing her father’s outstretched arms, Julie hurried to him and buried herself against his chest, hot tears sliding down her cheeks. She was embarrassed, ashamed of herself, and hurt. She was ready to go home. Pulling away to look up at him, she sniffled pitifully.

“Are you mad at me?” She asked him, her voice cracking as she cried. Seeing that Joey was still waiting for Brianna, he held off on answering. He offered his friend a smile before turning back to Julie.

“We’ll talk when we get home, okay?” He told her, kissing her forehead. He looked her over once more before going over to talk to Joey. “I’ll see you later man. Give me a call tomorrow or something,” he said, offering his friend a manly hug. After saying his goodbyes, he returned to Julie.

“Where’s Abbi?” She asked as they walked out, with her still sniffling occasionally. “She got done earlier and Jen took her on home. I told that woman to stay home with the baby but she never listens to me,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Are you mad at me?” She repeated, looking up at him. He let out a sigh.

“Let’s wait til we get home, okay?”

“Oh man. I’m a dead girl.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki