All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Thirty Six

“Alright buddy… mommy’s gone… it’s just you and me. So no poopy until later tonight, deal?” JC asked, gazing down at his son as he walked over to the couch. Jen was more than just a little paranoid at leaving Jack home, but her youngest cousin was finally getting married, and they were having a bridal shower that night. She had no choice but to leave.

Abbi had asked to spend the night with her cousin and Julie was currently upstairs catching up on her homework so that she could go out later that evening with a couple new friends to catch a movie. JC was thankful for the peace and quiet.

He eased himself down on the couch, slouching in order to make a comfortable resting spot for the little boy. He pressed a soft kiss to his forehead.

“You know how much I love you, buddy? I still can’t believe it… ten years, Jack. I’d always wanted a little boy… but I just didn’t think it was going to happen. I’m so glad that you’re here.”

Although his son was now four months old, JC had never really had time to spend with him alone. Either Jen was around, or the girls were around and he would have felt like a big like dork if they’d heard him confess his feelings in this manner.

He shifted a little on the couch, rubbing his son’s back as he got comfortable, propping his feet up on the table. He looked up when he heard the sound of foot steps on the stairs.

“Hey dad?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m going to get ready to go, alright? I just told them I’d meet them at the theater.”

“And who is that you’re going out with again?”

“You’ve not met them,” she reminded him. “But it’s this girl Carrie, and her cousin Tracy. Tracy just transferred to the school, so she really doesn’t know too many people.”

“And what time will you be home?” He asked.

“Probably around 10 or so. We might go out to get pizza afterwards, but if that’s the case, I’ll call.” JC smiled and nodded.

“Alright. Go ahead and get my wallet off the stand. Grab a couple bucks,” he instructed, not willing to move. His son was just about to drift off to dream land and he wasn’t going to ruin that.

“Thank you daddy,” she said with a smile as she walked over to the table. She pulled out a $20 and then walked over to the couch to drop a kiss onto his cheek. “I’ll see you later.”

“Alright… have fun baby.”

It wasn’t long after Julie had left that JC reflected in the quietness that surrounded him. For the past thirteen years, there had always been some type of noise in the house. But with the only child in the house sleeping on his chest, it was complete silence. And he hated it.

~*~

Jen crept into the house, frowning slightly. She’d attended her cousin’s bridal shower, but just could not bring herself to stay for the whole thing. She had a family to get home to, after all. Her little boy needed her. Her husband was probably going crazy without her there to take care of the child.

So you could imagine her surprise when she arrived and found both husband and son sleeping peacefully on the couch. Huh. Men! She tip-toed over to the couch and smiled at the sight. She knew that her over-protectiveness of Jack had really kind of cramped JC’s bonding time with him, but she couldn’t help it. She just loved her baby. There was nothing wrong with that, right?

JC’s eyes fluttered open, a lazy smile making it’s way onto his face. “What are you doing back so early?” Jen jumped, having not realized that her husband had woken up. A faint blush crept onto her cheeks.

“I couldn’t help it,” she told him sheepishly, offering him a smile. “I was going crazy. You know I can’t be away from him for too long.”

“Yeah, yeah. Honestly? I’m surprised you made it this long,” he teased. “I was expecting you back hoooours ago,” he told her, shifting Jack on his chest so that he could sit up.

“How did you make out with him tonight? Did you remember to give him his bottle?”

“Christ, Jen. What do you think? This isn’t my first kid you know,” he told her, a feigned look of disgust on his face.

“Joooosh!” She whined. “Don’t chastise me! Just tell me! Did you give him his bottle?”

“Of course I did. I’m hurt, Jenny. Real hurt,” he told her.

“Oh you’re so full of it. Just shut up and give me my baby!”

“Huh… you know… keep it up and I might start to think you don’t trust me,” he said, handing Jack over to Jen. She cocked her eyebrow at him.

“Oh but I don’t,” she told him, laughing as he swatted her backside playfully.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki