All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Thirty Eight

It was a quarter past eight when JC and Abbi returned home. Jen was resting on the couch, the lights off, a scary movie playing. She had put Jack down at his usual time and finding that she would have no more trick or treaters, she had settled on a scary movie to keep herself occupied.

“Mommy! We’re home!” Abbi called, running over to the couch and leaping beside her mother. Jen had jumped at the sound of Abbi’s voice, not expecting them to be home already. She’d lost track of the time.

“Oof,” she grunted as Abbi climbed onto her lap. She reached over for the remote and turned the TV on, and then reached for the light. “You’re back huh? How much candy did you bring me?”

“I got so much, mommy. Daddy ate half of it on the way home though,” she scowled, glaring up at her father.

“Hey, I did not take that much,” JC said, holding his hands up in defense. “Besides, I had to keep my strength up, right?” He asked, a smirk on his face as he walked over to the couch to join two fifths of his family. He sat down next to his wife, resting his head on her shoulder. “I’m so tired, mommy!” He said. “And my poor feet hurt, too,” he said, sniffling pitifully.

“Aww, my poor baby,” she cooed, slapping his thigh hard.

“Ouch!” He hollered, sitting up immediately. Jen cackled with laughter at the indignant look on her husband’s face. “Oh that cackling thing is real attractive, Jen,” he said snidely, rolling his eyes playfully.

“Yeah well, what can I say?” She asked with a laugh, before turning her attention back to her daughter. “How about you go wash up and get your jimmies on? You can have some candy before bed after you get out of this stinky old uniform,” she said.

“Hey woman! My uniform may be old, but it is NOT stinky,” JC said, scowling at her once more. He rolled his eyes as she cackled again. “Boy, you’re just full of jokes tonight, aren’t you?” He asked, rolling his eyes. “I don’t have to take this! I’m going to bed!” He huffed, before standing up. Once Abbi had crawled off of Jen’s lap, she reached out and hooked her arms around JC’s waist, pulling him back onto her lap.

“Ugh! You’re killing me!” She squealed, laughing when she shoved him off of her lap. “You look skinny, but you’re a heifer!” Jen snorted.

“I swear. You’re so funny Jen, really. You ever thought of stand-up? Yeah, don’t!”

~*~

The party had quickly gotten out of hand. Although the girl’s had told Julie that there would be supervision, it was obvious that they’d been deceitful. Then again, they’d not planned on quite so many people being in attendance. The party was supposed to only consist of a few friends, but had quickly turned into a large party with anywhere between 50 and 70 people crammed into the house.

It was enough to cause anyone to panic. Especially when that ‘anyone’ was overly cautious Julie Chasez. She nearly had a panic attack at the very thought of her father finding out. But he’d never have to find out, right? Then again, when had he ever ‘not found anything out’? She seriously debated just leaving the party, but Carrie had begged her not to. Who else was going to help her clean this mess up? And because Julie considered Carrie to be a friend, she didn’t leave.

It would prove to be a huge mistake.

~*~

Somewhere around midnight, Abbi had realized her terrible mistake. She had felt it to be rather unjust that her mother wouldn’t allow her more than three pieces of candy before bed. So she’d done what any sensible ten, almost eleven year old girl would have done: she snuck downstairs after her parents had gone to bed and had devoured the better part of her Halloween treats. Once again, it was a terrible mistake.

She lay on her bed, tears stinging her eyes, her midsection hurting so bad. She had no idea how she was going to make it through the night. She heard the sound of footsteps in the hall and quickly ceased her whimpering. If her parents had found out what she’d done, they wouldn’t be happy at all. But what she wouldn’t give for one of her father’s hugs… and maybe some medicine. Her mom had medicine for an upset tummy, right? Of course she did… moms knew how to fix everything.

She climbed out of her bed, groaning as she wrapped her arms around her middle. She hobbled out into the hallway, seeing a shadow at the doorway of her brother’s room. “Daddy?” She whimpered, reaching up to rub her eyes. The figure turned, reaching for the hallway light.

Abbi squinted against the harsh light, seeing that it wasn’t her father, but her mother. “What’s the matter, baby?” She asked, walking over to her child. She saw the pained look, the way she was holding her stomach, and the chocolate smeared on her face. It was apparent what was causing her daughter’s discomfort. “Oh sweetie…”

Tears clouded Abbi’s vision, in desperate need of a hug. “Mommy,” she whimpered, padding softly over to her mother. She wrapped her arms around her mom, pressing her face against her midsection.

“Come on baby,” Jen cooed, knowing what her daughter needed. “You can come lay with daddy and me until you’re feeling better,” she offered, ushering her daughter into their bedroom.

“What are you still doing up?” JC asked, looking between his daughter and his wife. “What’s she still doing up?”

“I’ll give you one guess,” Jen said, though she was cut off by her daughter’s pain filled groan. JC fought not to roll his eyes heavenward.

“Abbi,” he groaned. “You do this all the time. You’d think you’d learn by now,” he said, patting the spot next to him. “Come on over, get comfortable. This is going to be a long night,” he said, helping his daughter onto the bed. He had no idea just how long.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki