All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Forty Nine

Several weeks had passed, and life was improving greatly for the Chasez clan. Julie had begun seeing a therapist through her school two times a week. It was doing her some good to get to talk about what was bothering her, and to get things off her chest that she would otherwise be too embarrassed to talk about.

Her demeanor had changed so much in just those few weeks, it was like she was a completely different person. Instead of walking hunched over, as if she’d like to disappear, she was beginning to walk with a little skip in her step, holding her head high. She was coming out of the shell she’d been drawn into by the tragic event and was returning to her old self. It was a relief.

The nightmares that had been plaguing her sleep were diminishing, coming fewer and farther between. No longer did the terrible thoughts and “what ifs” overtake her life. She’d had enough of it, and with the help of her supportive family and her wonderful therapist, she was beginning to take charge of things. It felt good, too!

Not only had there been a great change in Julie, but there had been a tremendous change in JC too. He had always been a very focused person, when it came to work and to his family. If someone was having a problem, he gave them all of his attention, putting all his energy into them. It took a very special 10 year old little girl to show him just how wrong that was. Just because one person was suffering, did not mean that the others in the family didn’t need a little coddling every now and then too.

It was late one evening, long after her children had gone to bed, Jen sat and reflected the past year of her life. So many things had happened, so many things had changed. It had not always been for the better, but it truly showed just how strong this family unit was. To suffer through some of the things and to still come out on top? It said quite a bit about the Chasez family.

Her thoughts then drifted to the little one who was upstairs asleep in his crib. He had definitely been a welcomed change to the family. Even little Abbi, who had been so jealous at first was getting used to her little brother. In fact, Jen could have sworn she’d caught the girl give him a sloppy kiss on the cheek that morning as they headed out for school. Things were definitely changing.

And then she looked to her husband. He was sitting on the other side of her, drifting in and out of sleep as the old movie played on the television. An affectionate smile graced her features as she thought about how much HE had changed, not in the last year, but in all the time she’d known him.

When the pair first met, they seemed like an unlikely couple. He’d just come out of a terrible relationship with the woman whom he’d later learned had given birth to his first child. She let out an audible laugh as she remembered when Julie first came to them. She was so shy and so scared. JC had brought her out of her shell quickly. He had quickly showed her the love and attention that a child needed and deserved. He’d proved that he had what it took to be a good father.

Out of nowhere, tears had sprung to Jen’s eyes. They’d been together for so long. They knew each other inside and out. And yet he never ceased to amaze her when she watched him with their children, when she thought about everything he’d done for them. He was everything to her.

“What are you crying for?” he grumbled, his eyes still closed. It was obvious that he’d not been out cold, because he’d heard the soft little sniffle that she’d given.

“Just thinking,” she replied, swiping as a tear slipped down her cheek. He opened his eyes to look at her, a tired smile on his face.

“What? D’ja hurt yourself or something?” He teased.

Jen let out a laugh and swatted his leg gently. “Oh would you shut up?” She asked, rolling her eyes playfully. “I was just… thinking how wonderful you really are,” she told him, smiling when he blushed.

“We’ve been over this once before,” he said, laughing. “I’m not wonderful or perfect,” he reminded her, blushing a little more.

“But you are,” she said quietly. “You might not BE perfect, but you’re perfect for me,” she said, leaning over to plant a kiss on his lips gently.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki