All Grown Up by x_days_go_by_x


Number of reviews: 76
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Fifty Two
In all of the years that JC had lived in Florida, he could never remember it getting so chilly as November melted into December. The weather was absolutely miserable. While he was no stranger to rain, the unusual amount that had accompanied the cold air was enough to dampen anyone’s spirits; especially when that change in weather brought along the sniffles.
It had started with his wife. She had complained of a sore throat and a runny nose first. Due to the fact that it was so unlike her to complain for any reason, it had him slightly worried, and a quick trip to the pharmacy had him armed with tissues and medicine. He was ready. Or so he thought.
However, when just a day later, his two daughters were complaining of the same, he was afraid that he was going to lose it. With his wife out of commission, how on Earth was he supposed to manage? Oy. Thank goodness for a microwave, that’s for sure, or else the entire family would starve!
                                            
It had taken a total of three days for his wife to recover from her ailment. Three days, two boxes full of tissues and the help of Robitussen, to be exact. Naturally, he had assumed that because he’d been running all over the place, trying to take care of things, that he was just run down. After all, he didn’t REALLY feel sick. He just felt tired… and his throat felt a little scratchy. Nothing to worry about though, right?
Wrong. He had gone to bed, feeling a little less than perfect, but when he woke up, he was sure that he’d been hit by a bus. Well, not just HIT by a bus. Hit and then backed over several times. He forced his tired eyes open, though that was about all he was capable of at this moment. His body ached too much to do anything else.
“Jen!” Although the word was pushed from his mouth with the intention to call his wife forth, he quickly realized that it wasn’t going to work. Her name had come out in a dull, scratchy tone. Surely she couldn’t have heard that. He let out a loud groan as he attempted to push himself up.
“Did you need something?” He looked over at the sound of his daughter’s voice, and offered her a weak smile. At least she had heard him!
“Where’s mommy?” He asked, his voice hoarse and barely audible. Abbi made a face at how terrible he sounded.
“Uncle Brandon called this morning and wanted to know if she could bring some medicine by. Crystal’s sick too,” Abbi explained, walking further into the room. She frowned once more. “Are you okay?”
JC nodded, before he flopped back down onto the bed. “I’m just peachy,” he grumbled, letting out a loud sigh. “Can you let me know when she gets home?”
Abbi nodded and walked over to the bed, climbing on it. “You want some company til she gets back?” She asked, giving her daddy a big grin. Things had been so hectic and she’d not really had much time with her dad.
“I don’t know that I’ll be GREAT company, but I won’t kick you out,” he promised, giving her a weak smile. She leaned over, patting his back gently.
“Don’t worry daddy. I’ll take goooood care of you!”
“Gee thanks,” he said, forcing a smile as he looked up at her. “You feeling better, sugar?”
“Yep. All better,” she told him, giving him a cheeky grin. “Julie is too. In fact, she’s feeling sooo much better, she went out.”
The information caused him to groan. Even though Julie and Abbi had told their parents they were feeling better the previous night, JC and Jen had decided to keep them home anyway, just to make sure. He didn’t approve of Julie out traipsing around after he’d allowed her to stay home, but what could he do now?
“Remind me that she’s grounded when she gets back home,” he grumbled, shifting on the bed to get comfortable. His entire body ached. He wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and remain that way until he felt better.
“I’ll have no problem remembering that!” She grinned.
~*~
“Where’s daddy?” Jen asked as she stepped into the house, Jack balanced on one hip, a bag of groceries on the other. While she’d been out tending to her niece, Abbi had called her to inform her of her father’s illness. She’d stopped by the drugstore on the way home.
“Upstairs,” she answered, not looking away from the TV. When her dad had gone to sleep, she’d left him there to rest. She had quickly discovered the joys of daytime TV. She could get used to this!
“Keep an eye on your brother for me,” she asked, setting Jack down with a kiss to the top of his head as she made her way up the stairs. She smiled at the sight in front of her.
Laying on his stomach, JC had all but shoved his head completely under the pillow. His soft snores filled the room. He was so darned cute! Walking over to the bed, Jen knelt down beside him and rested her hand on his back. She frowned at the heat she could feel through his shirt.
“Baby?” She cooed softly, trying to wake him from his slumber. He grunted and forced his tired eyes open to look at her.
“Huh?”
“Hi,” she said softly with a smile. “How are you feeling baby?”
“Dead,” he grumbled before his eyes slid closed again. She couldn’t help but laugh as she leaned over to peck the top of his head gently.
“I’ve got some medicine to make you feel all better,” she assured him. “I just need you to sit up long enough to take it. Can you do that for me?” She asked.
It was a struggle for several minutes between the two. JC was just too darned tired to sit up. Darn, he’d married a stubborn woman! With a beaten whimper, he pushed himself up as much as possible and gave her a little pout.
“I’m not very happy with you right now.”
“You’ll love me when you feel better,” she told him knowingly as she leaned over for another kiss. “Now hush and take your medicine.”
“When did you become so damn bossy, lady?”
“I learned it from you.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki